Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Larson gained almost a second on the 9 in clean air there.

I like this strategy for the 5. One stopping the stage should give them some top stage points, then start stage 3 on the option tires and try to drive back into the top 5 with those tires.

I think if you’re taking option tires now, it’s cuz your car is junk. I don’t see anyway these guys who only have one set left finish anywhere near the front.

I think if you’re taking option tires now, it’s cuz your car is junk. I don’t see anyway these guys who only have one set left finish anywhere near the front.
Yeah, but if you hold both sets to the end, you may not get a chance use the second one.

So, the reds are faster, you have to use them when it will benefit you, if the top 10 stay on Primary's until the last stage and they all go Red, where is the advantage? The Reds are almost a built in "mistake" equalizer so my point is use them in a staggered fashion but save the last set of Reds for the homestretch run.

45/5 aren't nearly far enough ahead. This may be a net negative strategy. Shoot.

KB is about 1 second faster right now, 35 to go. Lets check back in with 10 to go

Halfway and I'm sold on these tires. I'd probably feel differently if the chiefs were required to use them. Sice they are truly optional, I'm all in.
Goodyear finally managed to produce a tire that’s super grippy for a third of a full fuel run and falls off more rapidly the rest of the run. Should be the full-time short track tire.

Back
Top Bottom