Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Having it on Easter weekend this spring didn’t help.

No excuse for tonight.

Sunday night. I get that. Plus, traffic from Richmond all the way to Pennsylvania basically is a ****** nightmare.

I don’t know about in and around Richmond, but school is starting tomorrow in a lot of places.

Seems like every year NBC has a word the broadcast clings to each week. This year's word? "Negotiate"

The racing here isn’t terrible but it is nowhere near as good as it once was. I remember have the Richmond races circled on the calendar every year up until about a decade ago. I don’t know what happened that changed the racing here
The car is what happened.

Looked up a few counties. Some of the school districts in that area have been in school for two weeks already. Some report tomorrow. Some report next week. 😳

If it was a Legacy car, I'd agree. For the #5, it's not good.

He got passed a few times this run too. At this point in the season you absolutely can't spare stage 1 points. Should be a 50+ point lead, but the 600 didn't work out, and you're in a tight one.

11/9/45 all get stage points.

In as tight as a points battle they're in, no stage points in stage one is potentially disasterous.

Cliff: "What can we do to help?"

Larson: "uh... I don't know know. I really don't know. Whatever you think is best"

Yeah. We got some work to do if that points lead is to stay in tact.

Joey Logano with a strong first stage, in 4th. Brad Keselowski has only rallied 27th and Josh Berry has slipped to 10th.

5 crew, let's get that car off pit road in the top 10 here. Need points.

It really feels like USA has mailed it in with this broadcast (likely because of how many of their people are still in Paris) and it’s still better than anything Fox has churned out this decade.

The school district here has been in session for a few days.

They had a school closings ticker on every day/night during the Olympics this past week because of the hurricane. I was surprised how many are already in session.

Apparently a lot of schools close right before Memorial Day and open in July now.

Suarez just ripped through the pointy end of the field. Good stuff. Maybe they should make a whole batch of these and run the whole race on them…
That SHOULD be the end result of this test, but it won’t be. They want to further complicate this sport.

May as well --- the back door to Hell opened last week. Keeps the kids inside out of the heat.

If they close before Memorial Day, I don’t care when they open.

Those final two weeks of school every year were such a waste where I went to high school. Off Memorial Day, off for a day or two in early June because of graduation, half days, activity day … made no sense.

If I'm the 99 I'm not backing off, period! The further out you get the longer it takes to catch you and hopefully you catch a caution before. They are faster, USE IT!

I saw this strategy ALMOST work in one of those 125+ lap races at Myrtle Beach before. Can’t remember who it was (someone who was usually a mid-pack driver) but, by the time his tires wore off, he was so far ahead that nobody was catching him.

Then a caution came out with 10 to go.

I saw this strategy ALMOST work in one of those 125+ lap races at Myrtle Beach before. Can’t remember who it was (someone who was usually a mid-pack driver) but, by the time his tires wore off, he was so far ahead that nobody was catching him.

Then a caution came out with 10 to go.
I think I was at that race, bottom line, yard their ass until it cant go anymore!

Back
Top Bottom