Cup RACE thread --- Road America

Ah a few short weeks ago this very premise was discussed here. And that Chase was displaced as number one at HMS. Those narratives have been pretty quite the last 24 hours
It is no big secret that Chase is one of the best road course drivers right now, and that is why adding more RC tracks to the schedule has played in his favor. But I wouldn't get to coc-ky... because he is struggling to keep up with Larson on the other tracks so far this year. If it wasn't for a last lap flat tire Larson would have 5 wins already this year. So I don't really see anything that should keep anyone quiet.

It is no big secret that Chase is one of the best road course drivers right now, and that is why adding more RC tracks to the schedule has played in his favor. But I wouldn't get to coc-ky... because he is struggling to keep up with Larson on the other tracks so far this year. If it wasn't for a last lap flat tire Larson would have 5 wins already this year.
If it wasn't for the rain at COTA Larson would have another one also

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here is my personal opinion on Elliott and Larson. I like both drivers and love that they are both driving for HMS... but I like Elliott just a little more because he is a down home laid back country boy which I can relate to, and he is polite and doesn't really have any bad attitudes that I have seen so far... plus he is the son of another driver I always liked. Larson has always been polite at any of the dirt races I have seen him at so I have no dislikes for him either. But, as far as the racing goes I think Elliott is definitely a little better then Larson on a road course track, but I think Larson is a step above Elliott on most of the other style tracks...or any other type of racing to be honest because he has more experience racing different types of race cars. Larson truly loves driving race cars and that is why you see him at a race track somewhere in the world on just about any given weekend. I don't really think Elliott has the same passion for racing as Larson does and I don't know if he would have even had the desire to do it if not for growing up as the son of such a famous driver. But, what I do know is that I'm glad that both of them chose to drive race cars for a living because I love watching them compete.

If it wasn’t for 35 other cars he would have won every race this season.

We can keep going.
And we can do it for Chase too, caution comes out slightly later he wins the 500, no late caution he wins Daytona RC...

Here is my personal opinion on Elliott and Larson. I like both drivers and love that they are both driving for HMS... but I like Elliott just a little more because he is a down home laid back country boy which I can relate to, and he is polite and doesn't really have any bad attitudes that I have seen so far... plus he is the son of another driver I always liked. Larson has always been polite at any of the dirt races I have seen him at so I have no dislikes for him either. But, as far as the racing goes I think Elliott is definitely a little better then Larson on a road course track, but I think Larson is a step above Elliott on most of the other style tracks...or any other type of racing to be honest because he has more experience racing different types of race cars. Larson truly loves driving race cars and that is why you see him at a race track somewhere in the world on just about any given weekend. I don't really think Elliott has the same passion for racing as Larson does and I don't know if he would have even had the desire to do it if not for growing up as the son of such a famous driver. But, what I do know is that I'm glad that both of them chose to drive race cars for a living because I love watching them compete.
I'd take Chase on a short track as well. Larson isn't touching him at a Martinsville, at least he hasn't shown that he can to this point. Bristol they're both really, really good at. Chase also has the edge at Superspeedways. So yeah I'd agree Larson has the 1.5s figured out in comparison which is the meat of the schedule, but in terms of being well rounded there's an easy case to made for Elliott when you look at the list of places he's won at.

Chase is the number 1 road course driver at Hendrick but not number 1 overall
He is the number one driver at HMS until Larson takes this from him. Someone once said “To be the man, you have to beat the man.”
1625520908487.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd take Chase on a short track as well. Larson isn't touching him at a Martinsville, at least he hasn't shown that he can to this point. Bristol they're both really, really good at. Chase also has the edge at Superspeedways. So yeah I'd agree Larson has the 1.5s figured out in comparison which is the meat of the schedule, but in terms of being well rounded there's an easy case to made for Elliott when you look at the list of places he's won at.
Elliott being pretty good on short tracks is why I used the word most instead of all. A lot of the fans here feel the superspeedways are such a crapshoot that I didn't really put much value on those. If I did then I would have to go off of the single car qualifying positions and then I would have to throw Bowman and Byron's name in to the conversation. So I was mainly talking about the meat of the schedule as you said.

If it wasn't for a last lap flat tire Larson would have 5 wins already this year.
AT LEAST! Kind of preparing for Atlanta this weekend, and realizing that that race was easily his....and there are others that I care not to recollect.

It is no big secret that Chase is one of the best road course drivers right now, and that is why adding more RC tracks to the schedule has played in his favor. But I wouldn't get to coc-ky... because he is struggling to keep up with Larson on the other tracks so far this year. If it wasn't for a last lap flat tire Larson would have 5 wins already this year. So I don't really see anything that should keep anyone quiet.
Struggling as of now to keep up and he really hasn’t struggled. Chase has been there with Larsih but not gonna deny Larson has been faster up to this point and caught a few more breaks.We just hit the midpoint of the season, we’ll see if Chase can be fast enough for RF’s.com

He is the number one driver at HMS until Larson takes this from him. Someone once said “To be the man, you have to beat him he man.”
View attachment 56269
Actually not true. In todays world it is more about what have you done for me lately and lately Larson has been bringing a lot of good ink to HMS. Plus, you can't really compare Elliott to Larson because of the 2020 championship because Larson wasn't there to have a fair opportunity to have won that championship trophy himself.

I don't really think Elliott has the same passion for racing as Larson does
Yeah, I will stick my nose in here.....just because Larson wants to race stuff all of the time doesn't mean that he is more passionate. In fact, I think his comments about Cup funding his dirt is indicative of just that. In fairness, I think he is a different guy now, and probably doesn't feel the same way. To me, passion is about being all in in whatever race you are in regardless of how many you have entered.

Larson isn't touching him at a Martinsville
Yet. What have I been saying about Larson on road courses....until this year. He has changed everything. IMO if Kyle Larson isn't the best somewhere, he is on his way to becoming the best. This guy is scary good.

Yeah, I will stick my nose in here.....just because Larson wants to race stuff all of the time doesn't mean that he is more passionate. In fact, I think his comments about Cup funding his dirt is indicative of just that. In fairness, I think he is a different guy now, and probably doesn't feel the same way. To me, passion is about being all in in whatever race you are in regardless of how many you have entered.
I would have to say Larson is all in right now and right now is what matters the most.

Actually not true. In todays world it is more about what have you done for me lately and lately Larson has been bringing a lot of good ink to HMS. Plus, you can't really compare Elliott to Larson because of the 2020 championship because Larson wasn't there to have a fair opportunity to have won that championship trophy himself.
Actually it’s very true. And I have a few questions of my own at the same time. What does #1 driver mean? Does that mean Rick is giving better equipment to one driver over the other? There’s no way that’s the case. My second question you really think Larson was going to beat Elliott last year in CGR equipment? Really? So Chase’s championship is null and void because Larson didn’t have a chance to compete in his subpar CGR ride which he did have playoff berths before but flamed our quite spectacularly but for some reason we have to forget 2020 happened because Larson was not participating last year. I’ll compare all I want...Chase has the trophy. Kyle doesn’t and I’d bet my mortgage he wouldn’t have it even if he was in the 42 all last year

Struggling as of now to keep up and he really hasn’t struggled. Chase has been there with Larsih but not gonna deny Larson has been faster up to this point and caught a few more breaks.We just hit the midpoint of the season, we’ll see if Chase can be fast enough for RF’s.com
It doesn't really matter if Chase is fast enough for RF's.com...what really matters is if Chase is fast enough for Rick Hendrick and his sponsors. ;)

It doesn't really matter if Chase is fast enough for RF's.com...what really matters is if Chase is fast enough for Rick Hendrick and his sponsors. ;)
Chase has an energy drink, Uni First, NAPA, Hooters and Kelly Blue Book. I’d guess Those companies think he still cares, hasn’t lost a step and is still passionate. HendrickCars.com thinks the world of Larson

What makes you think Chase isn’t all in?
I didn't say Chase was not all in. I was answering a question about Larson being all in. You are wanting to be so defensive for no real reason that you are not even understanding my posts.

I didn't say Chase was not all in. I was answering a question about Larson being all in. You are wanting to be so defensive for no real reason that you are not even understanding my posts.
I don't really think Elliott has the same passion for racing as Larson does and I don't know if he would have even had the desire to do it if not for growing up as the son of such a famous driver.
You said the second bolder statement correct? What leads you to believe that? All offseason Chase raced different forms of Motorsport. Maybe he just chooses to do that in the offseason instead of during season to keep his own focus.

Chase has an energy drink, Uni First, NAPA, Hooters and Kelly Blue Book. I’d guess Those companies think he still cares, hasn’t lost a step and is still passionate. HendrickCars.com thinks the world of Larson
Goodness.

Actually it’s very true. And I have a few questions of my own at the same time. What does #1 driver mean? Does that mean Rick is giving better equipment to one driver over the other? There’s no way that’s the case. My second question you really think Larson was going to beat Elliott last year in CGR equipment? Really? So Chase’s championship is null and void because Larson didn’t have a chance to compete in his subpar CGR ride which he did have playoff berths before but flamed our quite spectacularly but for some reason we have to forget 2020 happened because Larson was not participating last year. I’ll compare all I want...Chase has the trophy. Kyle doesn’t and I’d bet my mortgage he wouldn’t have it even if he was in the 42 all last year
Snap please relax and take the time to read my posts and understand what I'm saying before becoming so defensive because I don't feel like spending all day explaining the meaning of every post I put on here. I never said anyone was the #1 driver so I don't know why you ask me that question. I have never said nor do I believe Rick Hendrick is giving anyone better equipment so I don't know why you ask me that question. No I don't think Larson would have won a championship last year in CGR equipment but he sure might have been able to in HMS equipment. As far as your mortgage goes I don't think that would be a very smart bet. Further more you can talk to me with respect and without attitude like we have always talked...or don't talk to me at all... because if you can't I won't be answering you back.

Snap please relax and take the time to read my posts and understand what I'm saying before becoming so defensive because I don't feel like spending all day explaining the meaning of every post I put on here. I never said anyone was the #1 driver so I don't know why you ask me that question. I have never said nor do I believe Rick Hendrick is giving anyone better equipment so I don't know why you ask me that question. No I don't think Larson would have won a championship last year in CGR equipment but he sure might have been able to in HMS equipment. As far as your mortgage goes I don't think that would be a very smart bet. Further more you can talk to me with respect and without attitude like we have always talked...or don't talk to me at all... because if you can't I won't be answering you back.

Best way I have found when they start jumping to conclusions about something you didn't say. There isn't much use at that point.

If it wasn't for the rain at COTA Larson would have another one also

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Or the bulls___ caution for the rainbow associated with said rain, Chase wins that one handily. Let's also ignore that Larson blew it himself and screwed up. You know, kind of like he did yesterday every time he "went for it."

You said the second bolder statement correct? What leads you to believe that? All offseason Chase raced different forms of Motorsport. Maybe he just chooses to do that in the offseason instead of during season to keep his own focus.
You could be right he might choose to not race during the season so he can concentrate on cup racing. But, he is single with no kids and I'm sure he has plenty of opportunities to do so if he wants to. Larson on the other hand is married with children and he just loves racing so he does it anytime he can even though all of the travel has to be pretty tough while raising a family. But I want to make it very clear that I wasn't saying Chase doesn't give his all when we does race. You must have missed the post where I said I like Chase better then Larson...because I would hate to see the 3rd degree I would have gotten from you if I would have said I liked Larson better then Chase. :D

Last edited:
Best way I have found when they start jumping to conclusions about something you didn't say. There isn't much use at that point.
These youngsters can be a little feisty at times if they think you don't have the same opinion as theirs when it comes to their driver. But overall Snap is a pretty good dude and I have never had a problem with him. :)

I would have to say Larson is all in right now and right now is what matters the most.
Not really. I’m certain Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin have different thoughts. Bet they wish they could take away some wins from the spring and move them to later in the fall.

Not really. I’m certain Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin have different thoughts. Bet they wish they could take away some wins from the spring and move them to later in the fall.
I bet they could have wished they won in the spring :biggrin:

That doesn't mean Larson isn't all in right now and trying his best to win as many races as he can right now...and he will probably keep trying to win as many races as he can until the lights are out at the end of the season. We will just have to wait and see how that will work out for him, Harvick, Hamlin, or any other driver that wants that championship trophy on their mantel after it's all over. I imagine Chase has some ideas of his own and has a spot ready right next to the other one. :)

You are exactly right and that is why Chase is there. You don't need to be so defensive. Chase is a damn good driver and has a great reputation and an amazing fan base. The guy would probably have to shoot someone to ever get canned from HMS...and I'm not so sure that would do it.

That doesn't mean Larson isn't all in right now and trying his best to win as many races as he can right now...and he will probably keep trying to win as many races as he can until the lights are out at the end of the season. We will just have to wait and see how that will work out for him, Harvick, Hamlin, or any other driver that wants that championship trophy on their mantel after it's all over. I imagine Chase has some ideas of his own and has a spot ready right next to the other one. :)
With the “right now” logic you could say that Mark Martin was top dog at HMS at one point. IMO, he had a strong showing for one season but he’s never top dog while being teammates with Gordon and Johnson.

In that same vein, while Chase is still winning races and is championship competitive, he will be top dog at HMS until someone comes aboard and beats him in HMS win totals.

Larson very well could, but right now he’s still second fiddle.

With the “right now” logic you could say that Mark Martin was top dog at HMS at one point. IMO, he had a strong showing for one season but he’s never top dog while being teammates with Gordon and Johnson.

In that same vein, while Chase is still winning races and is championship competitive, he will be top dog at HMS until someone comes aboard and beats him in HMS win totals.

Larson very well could, but right now he’s still second fiddle.
according to you. ;)

Right now Chase Elliott is the golden child, top dog, alpha male or whatever fans want to call him at HMS... but Larson has the most wins and the points lead for the championship and Bowman is 2nd in wins at HMS. There is still a lot of racing left for things to change before the playoffs. Me personally I don't care who fans say is number 1. All of the drivers are important to that company or they wouldn't be there. It would be very hard for someone to take that away from Chase due to his popularity with the fans just like it was with Dale Jr. He was even more popular then a seven time champion. Now watch Harvick waltz in and steal the championship in the end while everyone is arguing over who is the alpha male at HMS. :D

Back
Top Bottom