Cup RACE thread --- Road America

1625435692508.png

Yep, Larson knows there is nothing you can do when your brakes go away. Bowman did everything in his power to miss him but just couldn't do it. I feel bad for Larson and Bowman but things happen. Other then seeing Chase dominating this was a pretty boring race imo.

A more experienced Bowman would have hung right towards the runoff rather than directly into the 5. He was clear to the right.

race overall was not bad.

Good race. One thing I learned is that Penske and SHR sure need an overhaul.
I guess that is why Blaney's CC is done end of this season.

This win for Chase puts him only 1 win behind Bowman and 2 wins behind Larson at HMS this year.

Good race. One thing I learned is that Penske and SHR sure need an overhaul.
I guess that is why Blaney's CC is done end of this season.
I think Penske has a lot of irons in the fire. He couldn't have bought Indy Speedway at a worse time, got a new car coming, how much does he want to sink into these old ones. He has the Indy racing league to run, and his rentals took a hell of a hit from Covid.

I think Penske has a lot of irons in the fire. He couldn't have bought Indy Speedway at a worse time, got a new car coming, how much does he want to sink into these old ones. He has the Indy racing league to run, and his rentals took a hell of a hit from Covid.
I think you over estimate how much Roger is actually directly involved nowadays. At 84 and having organs replaced, it’s safe to say he probably has many trusted people in place calling the shots for his motorsports and dealership ventures.

I'll have to watch a replay, but I thought he was clear-right after the initial brake failure
Hey! don't you have a super charger or something to rebuild...don't be picking on my boy Bowman. :D

I think you over estimate how much Roger is actually directly involved nowadays. At 84 and having organs replaced, it’s safe to say he probably has many trusted people in place calling the shots for his motorsports and dealership ventures.
He was at Mid-Ohio today, celebrating the 50th anniversary of his team’s first Indy Car win.

Celebrated by winning again. He appeared happy and relaxed.

He had plenty of room to dive right across the rumble strips to pass Larson on the right and swing wide through the pre-sand paved run-off.
https://www.nascar.com/video/franch...s-kyle-larson-spins-teammate-at-road-america/ View attachment 56259
Bowman explains why he went left instead of right. Larson has no hard feelings and their still best of buddies.

Does Roger Penske still care?

I was hoping to see all 4 HMS drivers have 4 wins at the end of the regular season. It's still mathematically possible but not likely with only 6 races remaining. Byron would need 3 more wins, Elliott 2 more wins, Bowman 1 more win, and Larson would not be able to have anymore wins....and that is highly unlikely. :D

It's safe to say you would definitely have a world class scoop if you could actually support your assertion that Roger Penske isn't directly involved, and his lieutenants are "calling the shots." But you can't support it because you just made it up.

Meanwhile, the media is full of accounts of how the Captain has rolled up his sleeves with gusto to upgrade IMS; same for IndyCar as a racing series that's been on life support for years; personally negotiates with drivers and always face-to-face (no Zoom); withdrew from V-8 Supercars because it felt like Kyle Busch racing trucks (but plucked their best driver for his IndyCar team); cut a landmark deal with Porsche for WEC & IMSA; and various others such as growing his industrial partnership with Fitzgerald Glider Kits, etc, etc.

Mr. Penske won't be around forever, and he certainly has trusted executives in place, but by all accounts there is one man in charge until further notice.

It's safe to say you would definitely have a world class scoop if you could actually support your assertion that Roger Penske isn't directly involved, and his lieutenants are "calling the shots." But you can't support it because you just made it up.

Meanwhile, the media is full of accounts of how the Captain has rolled up his sleeves with gusto to upgrade IMS; same for IndyCar as a racing series that's been on life support for years; personally negotiates with drivers and always face-to-face (no Zoom); withdrew from V-8 Supercars because it felt like Kyle Busch racing trucks (but plucked their best driver for his IndyCar team); cut a landmark deal with Porsche for WEC & IMSA; and various others such as growing his industrial partnership with Fitzgerald Glider Kits, etc, etc.

Mr. Penske won't be around forever, and he certainly has trusted executives in place, but by all accounts there is one man in charge until further notice.
I think you missed the word “probably”. I highly doubt Roger is as directly and personally involved with the minute details of his ventures as he was 10 or even 5 years ago. Approving the approvals of his trusted positions is a lot different that personally getting his hands dirty in the thick of the work.

Roger’s name is on the sign and it always will be. That doesn’t mean he’s still the man most prominently involved in every campaign or decision.

Ah a few short weeks ago this very premise was discussed here. And that Chase was displaced as number one at HMS. Those narratives have been pretty quite the last 24 hours
Chase is the number 1 road course driver at Hendrick but not number 1 overall

Back
Top Bottom