Cup RACE thread --- Roval

Not good enough on short run. Car coming to life when you're 7 seconds behind the leader doesn't help unless you flip the stages.

9 team can't afford that today. But the gamble could be worth it
I mean when you're getting blocked to hell and back every time you try and make a pass back there in 7th it's pretty easy to get 7 seconds behind lol. This car just flat out sucks on RCs

The 7 points you’ll get will be given back and then some getting flipped at the end of the stage. Stupid imho

I imagine they flip stage 2.

Get top 3 stage points in stage 1, give up stage 2, have track position to start stage 3, probably in the top 5. You're looking at close to a 35-40 point day in that case.

If they're planning to set themselves with track position for stage 3, this was the right choice.

If the plan is to flip stage 2 into track position stage 3, stage 1 is the stage to get points.

I mean when you're getting blocked to hell and back every time you try and make a pass back there in 7th it's pretty easy to get 7 seconds behind lol. This car just flat out sucks on RCs
Shhhhh. Just acknowledge that our lord and savior Hung Muny is light years better.

I imagine they flip stage 2.

Get top 3 stage points in stage 1, give up stage 2, have track position to start stage 3, probably in the top 5. You're looking at close to a 35-40 point day in that case.

If they're planning to set themselves with track position for stage 3, this was the right choice.

If the plan is to flip stage 2 into track position stage 3, stage 1 is the stage to get points.
That’s the only logical explanation I can see. Tank the second stage to get points in first, then flip second so that you have a shot in stage 3.

5 fricking dive bombed him in a move that, given the opportunity, will be paid back 10 fold.

No contact was made. And if there's anyone who gets that, it's Logano. I wouldn't expect payback.

Chase can do the same thing. The car is good enough and he, the braking master, is more than good enough.

Dive bombs and agression are part of next gen road course races. He showed it to the 2. I think he was just living with p3, and probably didn't want to **** with Logano too much.

I just don't see anything wrong with Chase settling into p3 given the points situation.

He could win today. But if he doesn't, the team isn't doing what they need to do to advance.

That’s the only logical explanation I can see. Tank the second stage to get points in first, then flip second so that you have a shot in stage 3.

Exactly.

And the best cars HAVE to do this in stage 2 to get stage 3 track position.

So why do it in stage 1 if you aren't going to keep that track position in stage 2 anyway?

No one maximizes points at the roval these days unless you start the race with top 2 track position imo. A top 3 in either stage is a great points buffer

Especially for Elliott, who's competitors are dog **** today. He'll be in good shape to advance and to finish anywhere in the top 5 imo, 1-5.

Wife and I took a weekend trip to the mid eastern coast of Maine. Visited Steph King's house yesterday. Were out from 7am to 10pm.

Had some more fun today up until now. Really looking for this 3 hour break to watch the race from this cute little hotel.

Knowing Larson just needs to score only 10-15 points certainly means I can relax today. .

Sorry @AdoubleU24 , I'm gonna be calm today ;)

Looking forward to this one, and looking forward to the pseudoregular season champ Reddick with a race winning car to inevitably trip over himself today.
View attachment 80950

View attachment 80949
Lol

Lolol

No one should be surprised. Reddick isn't ready for the moment. Him being just the second regular season champ to not make the final 4 is seeming more and more likely t

Debris in oval turn 4. Let’s see when NASCAR finds it convenient to throw the yellow

1728848678333.gif

Back
Top Bottom