Cup RACE thread --- Roval

Yep, it could have happened to anyone. It was without a doubt a mistake that will probably never happen again hopefully. But if you feel they were cheating then you shouldn’t even root for the 9 team. But that’s your decision.
I don’t believe there’s a truly legal car in the field any given Sunday period . It’s just shades of gray and how egregious.

A few more comments on the race.

I noticed if two cars were coming into the hairpin, the inside car often accelerated faster off the curve than the outside one and was able to complete the pass. This was true even in cases where the outside car was leading by a full car length going in. If the inside car didn't complete the pass the first time through, he often finished on the next lap. Just something to look for next year.

Overall, I think the new changes didn't result in much more chaos than the old layout. Fortunately, NASCAR continued its policy of restrain with the caution button on road courses. Yeah, the wad-ups in turn 7 involved more cars on average than the old turn 8 but I recall everyone as eventually driving away. With that said, I prefer the old layout but I enjoyed this one almost as much.

Back
Top Bottom