Cup RACE thread --- Sonoma

LOL, they threw a yellow for an uncontrolled tire in pit row, but not for Austin Dillon spinning around. NASCAR and inconsistent yellow, name a more iconic duo.

Dillon was out of the way and in a part of the track that is unaccessible under most circumstances and accessible at a low speed in others. He was no danger to anyone.

This race is a drag.

I've never Infineon/Sears Point/Sonoma to be that exciting. Watkins Glen was always the most exciting of the two long time road courses. This track is way too technical for stock cars, which will never be as good as open wheel cars on road courses. The Glen has more passing zones and places where you can get momentum to set up a pass.

eBay Motors, for people dumb enough to teach their kids to drive on a public street, instead of an empty parking lot.

To be fair, my parents started me on an empty parking lot and then moved me to the public streets when I could demonstrate I wasn't going to immediately destroy the car. 😆

Is there any chance that Elliot is trying to stretch it to only one more pit stop.

These teams spent years adjusting these races around stage breaks, gonna take some time to unlearn and go back to the old way.

Back
Top Bottom