Cup RACE thread --- Talladega, Rd. 2

Haven't seen Paul Wolfe in a while. I remember a few years ago he was the next Chad Knaus...hmmmm

He's one of my favorite crew chiefs.

Haven't seen Paul Wolfe in a while. I remember a few years ago he was the next Chad Knaus...hmmmm

I just thinking that, it was not too long ago when he was what the talking heads spent a lot of time talking aboot.

some drink the press cool aid, but they will say about anything. These guys in the booth have taken it to another level. I don't pay attention to most of what they say, gives me a headache if I do. They completely missed so many runs from the back to the front today it was deplorable.

not only that, on the last restart instead of Jr staying behind the 2 he goes up top behind Newman and Hamlin hook up and leaves the fastest car (2) in the lurch. falls like a rock.
Im assuming Jr thought that if he pushed Brad to the lead there would be no passing him & thought wiser to push 3 cars around 1.

Same with Cole Pearn now.

Personally, Zippy was my all time fav.

Loved Bob Osbourne too. Sucks he's stuck at roush

not only that, on the last restart instead of Jr staying behind the 2 he goes up top behind Newman and Hamlin hook up and leaves the fastest car (2) in the lurch. falls like a rock.

And he still came back

Needing drafting partner doesn't make it less of a victory; it makes it less of a race. I view auto racing as every driver for himself.
Fair enough. I know plate racing divides fans like nothing else. I love it personally. Easily the 4 events i look most forward to. The thing that amazes me though is for how many people just on this forum that seem to hate it, they probably all tuned it and watched today.

It’s racing I have no problem with it both parties were going for the Checkers. However Jr maybe should have driven through him. Can tell you what, if ol squinty eyes had done that to Jr’s father he would have been in the infield upside down.

Cheated up Fords had all the speed today ...... I expect to hear from Brad about this very serious issue

Sorry, but you guys are a bunch of cry babies. Do you really think Jr would want to win a race that way, for people to pull off to the side and let him go by? Hell no he doesn't, the man wants to earn it on his own. That's why I respect Jr more than his old man. Sr would just crash you if he couldn't out race you.

Sorry, but you guys are a bunch of cry babies. Do you really think Jr would want to win a race that way, for people to pull off to the side and let him go by? Hell no he doesn't, the man wants to earn it on his own. That's why I respect Jr more than his old man. Sr would just crash you if he couldn't out race you.

Jr never really had that killer instinct to win races in an aggressive way, which is totally respectable, but ultimately he ends up with a mediocre racing career as a result.

I admire that about Sr, especially more so in the 80’s you had 2 laps max to get out of the way or else bad things would happen. Dude was hungry for wins and $$$$, not saying today’s drivers arnt it’s just a different time. Loved Senna and Schumacher for the same reasons

I wasn't aware everyone was required to get out of Jr.s way. They must have forgot to mention that in the drivers' meeting.
lol I'm just playing bro.. would like to see jr win before he goes out though that's all.. he had a big run and Joey stopped it.. that's racing though

Back
Top Bottom