Cup RACE thread --- Talladega, Rd. 2

Danica is sitting on 12 lead lap finishes for the year which equates to a lead lap finish about once every 2.5 races. Can she get 2 more lead lap finishes in the remaining races to tie her her average of 14 for the last 2 years? I think she has a good shot at Kansas but I wouldn't bet the farm on the others.

DP's finish at Talladega did not hurt her standing in the points as she is still checking in at 28th ahead of 4 other drivers that have competed in all 31 events. If she can get on a bit of a roll she may be able to displace Micheal McDowell and AJ Allmendinger and finish up in 26th for the year which would be awesome.

YES !!!!!

Eat Sh!t Newman .... Eat Sh!t

Newman made the same mistake plate drivers have been making for decades. He got too far out front and lost momentum.

Newman "blocks" Chase to stay on the lead lap but won't block Keselowski to win the race

He tried but Kez got there too fast because Newman was too far out front.

Whelp at least everyone made it back in 1 piece. The 88 had a run before the 22 cut him off....

OMG, blocking in NASCAR. Say it ain't so.

DMOYoymVwAAKPd3.jpg:large

All you junior fans are made because the track ran out of cigarettes.

Fair enough. I know plate racing divides fans like nothing else. I love it personally. Easily the 4 events i look most forward to. The thing that amazes me though is for how many people just on this forum that seem to hate it, they probably all tuned it and watched today.
Oh, I watched it. It's a race on the schedule of a sport I follow, featuring competitors I'm interested in. But the randomness, the inability of the cars to get away from each other, the special rules, the dependency on others, outrunning competitors being a hindrance instead of an advantage, the magnification of one driver's mistake to the point it could affect literally the entire field; all of these factors turn me off. Heck, I'd rather watch them run at ... Indianapolis (gasp).

lol I'm just playing bro.. would like to see jr win before he goes out though that's all.. he had a big run and Joey stopped it.. that's racing though

Junior should have wore his bumper out. But maybe there wasn't enough laps left for that.

Oh, I watched it. It's a race on the schedule of a sport I follow, featuring competitors I'm interested in. But the randomness, the inability of the cars to get away from each other, the special rules, the dependency on others, outrunning competitors being a hindrance instead of an advantage, the magnification of one driver's mistake to the point it could affect literally the entire field; all of these factors turn me off. Heck, I'd rather watch them run at ... Indianapolis (gasp).
It's so funny, but all those things you listed as turning you off are the reasons i love Daytona & Talladega. I don't want the cars to get away from each other etc.

It's so funny, but all those things you listed as turning you off are the reasons i love Daytona & Talladega. I don't want the cars to get away from each other etc.
Yeah, that's the general feeling around here. The same aspects and features of plate racing that one end of the spectrum adores are exactly the ones the other side hates. There doesn't appear to be much middle ground.

But I won't have to worry about it again until early February.

The first three quarters or so of the final stage of the race were probably the most entertaining moments of the year.

I don't know anyone didn't love the ridiculousness of that race. It's like watching a race at Eldora, wreck city

I don't know anyone didn't love the ridiculousness of that race. It's like watching a race at Eldora, wreck city

LOL.

Odd isn't it?

Talladega and Daytona are widely decried for the carnage drivers produce, while wrecks happen at every track and nothing is said.

Very odd indeed.

Doesn't Martinsville offer up the most crinkled sheet metal of all the Cup tracks?

LOL.

Odd isn't it?

Talladega and Daytona are widely decried for the carnage drivers produce, while wrecks happen at every track and nothing is said.

Very odd indeed.

Doesn't Martinsville offer up the most crinkled sheet metal of all the Cup tracks?

sometimes yeah for sure. The carnage It is usually spread out over the period of the race, so it is easier for some fans to digest as a good exciting thing. It's the big one that gets them going at plate tracks. It's like loosing your wallet..mind blowing :D:p

That's the difference --- M'ville will crinkle/dent/beat up, Talladega and Daytona will destroy.
I think Kenseth added Martinsville to the list of tracks that are capable of spitting out destroyed race cars. But, you are 99.9% correct. That was certainly a rarity.

LOL.

Odd isn't it?

Very odd indeed.

A Martinsville accident rarely involves dozens of cars. Cars damaged in Martinsville accidents can usually be repaired and return to the race, although not as much with the new 5-minute clock.

A Martinsville accident rarely involves dozens of cars. Cars damaged in Martinsville accidents can usually be repaired and return to the race, although not as much with the new 5-minute clock.

I remember a race a few years back where over 1/5th of the race was run under caution. 120 laps I believe. Let me tell ya', there was some carnage in that one.

Back
Top Bottom