Cup RACE thread ---- Talladega, Rd. 2

...and with a couple drivers in questionable medical condition in turn two the race stays green and Aric Almorola makes the pass to win the race!!
Yeah I'm actually not sure about this one now. Chase and Matt D are only credited with 192 laps completed now so they didn't make it around. If they really just sat there for a full lap until the field barreled down towards them again that needs to be addressed.

Kurt Busch speaks the truth about NASCAR's 2 calls and the homers in the booth can't wait to jump up and tow the Official NASCAR line. Burton needs to go away.

Do I have to understand that?
upload_2018-10-14_23-54-58.png

Happy for Aric, but gutted for Kurt. In his interview you can hear how disappointed he was (probably wanted another W before getting cast aside by SHR).

Blaney not too happy either with NASCAR

Looking at the replay of the last lap, I think Aric had a run on Kurt that would of allowed him to get in front him enough and maybe win the race even if Kurt hadnt of ran out of go-go juice

Blaney not too happy either with NASCAR

Looking at the replay of the last lap, I think Aric had a run on Kurt that would of allowed him to get in front him enough and maybe win the race even if Kurt hadnt of ran out of go-go juice

had a pusher, Stenhouse behind him coming hard also. Boyer just ran around Stenhouse for second.

had a pusher, Stenhouse behind him coming hard also. Boyer just ran around Stenhouse for second.
Right, I dont think Kurt was going to be able to hold all that off , no matter what happened, he lost the race coming outa of turn 4 , in my opinion of course.

Today's race reminded me of the many races that Junior used to lead --- lap after lap around the top with almost every car in line.
This single file has happened many times in the past. Nothing new.
I remember one of the Talladega races in the mid 90's that was pretty much in line for the entire race, and it went caution free to if I am recalling correctly, so you are 100% right , today was nothing new and some people need to get their rose colored glasses checked:D.

Yeah I'm actually not sure about this one now. Chase and Matt D are only credited with 192 laps completed now so they didn't make it around. If they really just sat there for a full lap until the field barreled down towards them again that needs to be addressed.

I think both cars made it to the backstretch so there was plenty of cool down room.

I hate that for Kurt. Typical Nascar screw job on him.
Um no

Didnt happen

Close pit road, throw the yellow, retreive the tire, throw the green. One lap, two tops.
Throw the yellow and let the teams play it out.

LOL.... crooked Nascar releases statement that they got the secret bat signal from all wrecked cars in a milisecond so they allowed the screw job of winner Kurt Busch to continue.
What a crock.

LOL.... crooked Nascar releases statement that they got the secret bat signal from all wrecked cars in a milisecond so they allowed the screw job of winner Kurt Busch to continue.
What a crock.
Almirola didnt have a problem, why did Kurt?

They sent the instant secret bat signal to Nasscar FLRacingFan. The one NO OTHER DRIVER IN ANY OTHER RACE sent to nasscar in history.

Wow, what a drive. I laughed when JimmieJohnson wrecked AGAIN but that guy is ten times better than his crappy team right now.
Well done 48

I'm not criticising FLRacingFan at all Standit.
No doubt most here are brilliant Nasscar minds.

There's a car sitting in Turn 1, under Almirola on the scorebox. Apparently they let Race Control know they were okay.

DpgF-lOUcAANsoz.jpg

NASCAR statement on not throwing the caution on the last lap: “We were closely monitoring each car involved, and were actively communicating with spotters and safety trucks in Turn 1. All cars were able to either roll off under their own power or signal they were clear. As always, we make every effort to end under green for our fans in the stands and at home, which we did.”

Back
Top Bottom