Cup RACE thread ---- Talladega

But his car didn't have the Hooters paint scheme this week. Does it still count?
The real crap is that they don’t honor the fried pickles deal if he wins, only the buy a dozen wings get a dozen free deal. Wife and I went after Watkins Glen win last year, and they wouldn’t give my wife the free pickles. We didn’t want wings, so we settled for crappy other food to celebrate...

The real crap is that they don’t honor the fried pickles deal if he wins, only the buy a dozen wings get a dozen free deal. Wife and I went after Watkins Glen win last year, and they wouldn’t give my wife the free pickles. We didn’t want wings, so we settled for crappy other food to celebrate...

Well that’s just dumb. Guess to them a win isn’t a top 10 lol.

The great thing about NASCAR, ISC, and SMI maybe all being one entity someday is that we could race at Daytona and Talladega each six or so times a year. That might be the best way to gain eyeballs in a quick fashion.

I missed most of this one due to going see Avengers: Endgame but those last few crashes were vicious. Fortunately all drivers involved weren't hurt.

Great job Chase, Bowmen, and Preece hooking up to beat the Fords.

You are impossible and ignorant.

1979 was the first live start to finish race broadcasted nationally. Any prior were full length races shown days after - not live. Some were even just highlights of races.

Get real.

You are impossible and ignorant.

1979 was the first live start to finish race broadcasted nationally. Any prior were full length races shown days after - not live. Some were even just highlights of races.

Get real.

Incorrect. The race I posted was the first live broadcast of a race to be televised, nationally, start to finish.

And honestly, I was just being a smartass when I posted it.

Considering he had little help all day
He had a good car today, just did not have a car that was fast while leading a pack. Any line he lead he was eventually booted out to not hold it up. Kyle made some good decisions to fight back every time.

You can always count on plate races ending in calamity.

NASCAR's gotten to the point that the races are either boring as hell or thrilling races that end as crashfests.
Yeah? Where have you been over the last 30 years?

I hope they take Earnhardt's car and Larson's car. Pretty sure I saw a medbag on the roof of the 81 before they cut away to commercial when the towtruck was backing up to the car, it was good to hear he was okay because that didn't give me a good feeling.

Reactions: Pat
I hope they take Earnhardt's car and Larson's car. Pretty sure I saw a medbag on the roof of the 81 before they cut away to commercial when the towtruck was backing up to the car, it was good to hear he was okay because that didn't give me a good feeling.
The 8 car is an RCR car. Dillion's RCR #3 had an illegal deck lid so I would guess that part is going to get a look see. New process this year, instead of taking the cars apart, they call it checking for trends. I think they have gone back to old school.."don't bring that back to the track". Keeps it out of the public eye and the social media harpies.

The 8 car is an RCR car. Dillion's RCR #3 had an illegal deck lid so I would guess that part is going to get a look see. New process this year, instead of taking the cars apart, they call it checking for trends. I think they have gone back to old school.."don't bring that back to the track". Keeps it out of the public eye and the social media harpies.
Yea, but they should also be looking at cars like Larson and Earnhardt...see if there's any improvements that can be made, or how the safety systems overall functioned.

Yea, but they should also be looking at cars like Larson and Earnhardt...see if there's any improvements that can be made, or how the safety systems overall functioned.
They always are. last year Nascar installed crash measuring devices (G forces) in the cars with their own power supply, and they re engineered (strengthened) the foot wells after examining previous crashes. I'm pretty sure they got the data out of them.

Aaaaaaaggggggggggh! You can't slide it to the left. Dang it! Bowyer and Harvick in it.
Harvicks hauler stopped to fuel while I was at the loves travel plaza at the NC and SC line today and I figured he must have gotten eliminated early for the truck to be there that soon. The driver and I shot the breeze for a while and then he headed to Charlotte and I headed to Atlanta.:)

What a great race but oh my god, that broadcast was abysmal. The sport is dying and the presentation is hurting more than helping. Absolutely bushleague.

Glad Yung Money is alright. Stoked on the CE dub.

Bringing back up last lap caution gate, but @AndyMarquisLive was in sort of right when he said the caution was for Ricky, it was for both, but no matter what, this was waiting for the pack right in front of the S/F line, no matter what, NASCAR was going to be throwing the yellow.
rahxqQ7.jpg

I think an element of the race was obviously the Chevy teamwork. This, coming after Hendrick chose to work with Toyota at Daytona. I am guessing that Mr. Campbell had a conversation with Mr. H. where Mr. H was doing more listening that talking. Chevy used to be Hendrick, but when you are running as bad as they have been running, it appears that Chevy put Mr. H. in his place, and told him to play along. It worked out great for him, but this is a storyline to yesterday's race that I think has been missed. Mr. Campbell was apparently pissed to watch a Toyota 1-2-3 at Daytona with Chevy's help, and he wasn't going to watch it again. I love this. More manufacturer emphasis please!

Back
Top Bottom