Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

Good race, They said something about 48 lead changes, Seemed to me more passing was done on pit row than the track. If you wasn't in the front 4 or 5 cars, you was just along for the ride. All in all the finish was good,
but they could shorten that race to 300 miles and it would be the same.

Anybody know WTF MTJ was doing all day? Haven't heard a thing.

He was busy finishing 26th.
Never in the mix. Not once. Never made any move that I saw. Wonder if he felt it wasn't worth it as he has indicated repeatedly that he wishes for the season to be over.....

Great.

4 had a radio hanging from the car, can't wait to see it on Tuesday.
20221003_121848.jpg

It came in today.🥴

Really impressed with the 9 team. Epitome of taking advantage of a situation when it presents themselves.

Not that there was much concern for points heading to the roval, but the speed these playoffs, prior to Talladega, just hasn't been there. Chase hasn't had a top 5 car all playoffs until crapshoot dega.

Being able to take advantage of a car and a situation when both are able to present themselves, and get to victory lane is the makings of a well prepared team.

I think the 22, the 20, and at times the 5 have shown more raw pace this last month, yet the 9 is the safest of all the playoff spots.

Really would have loved to see what the points look like under the old chase format right now...I'd bet we'd have a SUPER competitive championship battle shaping up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone know what happened to Corey lajoie during the race. I wasn't watching the broadcast at that time but the guys on DBC said it was something that happened inside the car and not a cut tire? They wouldn't say but almost sounded like his wheel came off?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Anyone know what happened to Corey lajoie during the race. I wasn't watching the broadcast at that time but the guys on DBC said it was something that happened inside the car and not a cut tire? They wouldn't say but almost sounded like his wheel came off?

They also said it wasn’t a driver error.

Sounds like the bolts from the steering column to steering wheel came out on the #7. Dang that's a good way to get someone hurt

Last year I'd disagree. This year leans towards that not happening lol
That's why it is fools gold to think you can predict what career stats will be for drivers. Success tends to come in small clusters punctuated by long stretches of more modest performance. Jeff Gordon got half of his career wins over a five year stretch. Rusty Wallace won like 43% of his career total over just two seasons. Who would have predicted that Bobby Labonte would win 9 races in two years, and then only win 4 more times his entire career? If you can predict this stuff, quit wasting your time with NASCAR and go to Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom