Cup RACE thread --- Texas

Sorry bud, I don't see much of anything working for FIA. I try to stay out of that mess, but you keep bring it up like it is great racing. I could go on and on about that series. Glad you like it with it's rules on top of rules. It's a series for those that think there should be a rule for everything because the series sure tries hard and it continues to blow up in their faces, with crappy calls and unfair favoritism.
I'm not talking about anything else, but the license system.

That's it. The rules on top of rules are a bit much at times, I get it. It's system implemented to keep those who need some sort of progression out of the premier series. That's all it is.

Two of them were wrecked by other cars the 88 and the 24, and Jimmy did the hit everything but the pace car. Elliott along with quite a few others had the wrong strategy/bad luck when a caution flew late
Ah gotcha. Jimmie has completely lost it this season. So sad to watch.

Cole Custer last week, Austin Dillon this week. L-O-friggin'-L.

Some positives - Chevy got back into VL, 3 got back into VL, Tyler Reddick WILL probably be in VL before long, and that really wasn't the worst race we've had at Texas tbh.

Ah gotcha. Jimmie has completely lost it this season. So sad to watch.
It was the worst race this season. He lost it and hit the wall, and then later hit ran smack into the rear of Dillon during a caution. Took Ty out of the race he hit him so hard

Byron still can't even keep the car straight some days.

I get Brad does some silly stuff, but I think NASCAR would need something along these lines. Its up to them to figure out guidelines of how it needs to be done. I have no issues with backmarkers, but Houff has done that a second time this season.
I don’t think you’re wrong or Brad isn’t, He drove through Byron at Daytona during a practice. I guess that’s the voice in the garage these days...but looking past that....the idea is good. Too many of these backmarkers are crashing at the end or during a critical juncture of races and it’s been affecting the races for a long time IMO. If that can get cut back even a bit, that’s a good thing.

I'm still confused why Austin Dillon races for grandfather Richard Childress, but his younger brother Ty Dillon doesn't.

Despite that, congratulations to Austin Dillon.
Because Austin actually is talented, despite what the haters say. Ty didn't really light the minor series besides ARCA on fire.

How bout we fix a system where half the field is junk teams that hire junk pay drivers. Get rid of the charter system. No need to have Rick Ware and StarCom riding around 3 seconds off the pace every week with bums like Smithley and Houff.
Need to get rid of 4 car rule for sure. I want to see full fields again.

Cole Custer last week, Austin Dillon this week. L-O-friggin'-L.

Some positives - Chevy got back into VL, 3 got back into VL, Tyler Reddick WILL probably be in VL before long, and that really wasn't the worst race we've had at Texas tbh.
The worst one I remember was the race Jimmie Johnson won in 2017.

I don’t think you’re wrong or Brad isn’t, He drove through Byron at Daytona during a practice. I guess that’s the voice in the garage these days...but looking past that....the idea is good. Too many of these backmarkers are crashing at the end or during a critical juncture of races and it’s been affecting the races for a long time IMO. If that can get cut back even a bit, that’s a good thing.
Money talks at the end of the day. Houff had it to offer and he got the seat, so I mean it is what is for StarCom and I can understand why they did what they did. Every race with their brand on the car is basically them paying for races, if Houff gave the ability not to do it, I mean can we really blame them as a small start up team?

It's a process and hopefully Quinn does improve. I'm just not a fan of individuals attacking his being or guys like him and Garrett Smithley for being backmarker drivers or the occasional silly decision. Still, I feel as if small teams like Rick Ware, StarCom, or even Spire. They are going to find who they can to keep the doors open, however where can the line be drawn? It's a difficult question with no straight forward, but I do like Brad's idea.

Money talks at the end of the day. Houff had it to offer and he got the seat, so I mean it is what is for StarCom and I can understand why they did what they did. Every race with their brand on the car is basically them paying for races, if Houff gave the ability not to do it, I mean can we really blame them as a small start up team?

It's a process and hopefully Quinn does improve. I'm just not a fan of individuals attacking his being or guys like him and Garrett Smithley for being backmarker drivers or the occasional silly decision. Still, I feel as if small teams like Rick Ware, StarCom, or even Spire. They are going to find who they can to keep the doors open, however where can the line be drawn? It's a difficult question with no straight forward, but I do like Brad's idea.
But I don’t think it’s going to work both ways. If Brad’s idea is implemented and these drivers with money cant get a cup ride due to lack of licensing points, those teams will have a harder time keeping the doors open. And I don’t want that to happen, I just wish...better drivers had money. In a perfect world right?

But I don’t think it’s going to work both ways. If Brad’s idea is implemented and these drivers with money cant get a cup ride due to lack of licensing points, those teams will have a harder time keeping the doors open. And I don’t want that to happen, I just wish...better drivers had money. In a perfect world right?
Unfortunately it cannot.

In a perfect world guys like the Chase Briscoe's, Ross Chastain, and others would have more money behind them to be able to improve the quality of the field. The talent would attract the money, but as you said in a perfect world it would.

Maybe instead of closing up shop those teams should stay in ARCA and Xfin and stay out of the Cup Series until they have more experienced drivers.
How are teams going to obtain experienced drivers if they don’t hire inexperienced ones?

Maybe one solution to improve the quality of the field would be to let teams run a fifth car part-time again. If this was implemented, the fifth car should only be allowed to run in five races or fewer per season, and have to be entered as a non-charter team (this way the smaller teams wouldn't get bumped out of the field should over 40 cars show up).

Houff pulled off the equivalent today of turning left from the right lane. That shouldn’t happen in NASCAR’s elite series.
Jimmie Johnson wrecked Ty Dillion under yellow. Denny Hamlin lost control and flat out wrecked Alex Bowman. Ryan Blaney lost control and stacked the field up to cause a multi-car wreck. This stuff isn’t restricted to the C-teams.

How are teams going to obtain experienced drivers if they don’t hire inexperienced ones?
Experience doesn’t mean Cup experience. Wheel experience would work for me. Houff couldn’t win an Xfin race in a Gibbs car.
This guy has no business in the Cup series. He’s 22 with no résumé.

Maybe one solution to improve the quality of the field would be to let teams run a fifth car part-time again. If this was implemented, the fifth car should only be allowed to run in five races or fewer per season, and have to be entered as a non-charter team (this way the smaller teams wouldn't get bumped out of the field should over 40 cars show up).
I believe they already have that but I think they are limited to 6 races.

Jimmie Johnson wrecked Ty Dillion under yellow. Denny Hamlin lost control and flat out wrecked Alex Bowman. Ryan Blaney lost control and stacked the field up to cause a multi-car wreck. This stuff isn’t restricted to the C-teams.
Pull their cards, put them on probation or some other nonsense..that will fix it...B.S. it's racing

Nobody else turned left from the fence trying to get in the pits.

I think the race was OK but the Production sure leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.
My first act to clean up this awful production would be to send the sound co-coordinator home permanently for leaving the sound of an engine literally drowning out the talking heads. In his defense maybe he was just fed up listening to the garbage Burton couldn't stop spewing. These guys are just as bad as politicians who give a 30 min. speech without ever saying anything.
And why in hell would you interrupt perfectly decent race and let a clown try to entertain people? RUT has to go, he adds nothing to the show.
I think NBC may be able to do something my wife has been trying for yrs and that is convince me to quit watching Nascar.

Back
Top Bottom