Cup RACE thread --- Texas

I'll just say this, if they were still doing that pick six drivers' finishing positions, yet again nobody would have won it... Congrats to Austin for not doing the belly slide.

lol. This guy is a legend in his own mind. KFB? Hes a good driver but hes getting waaaay ahead of himself. If I was a crew member for this ego maniac i would take exception.

Logano is finding a low key way to remark upon how absurd it is that the RCR cars were able to stay out in front of much better cars with fresher rubber.

Harvick: "Tires didn't mean anything."

Tire degradation is the only possible cure for the high downforce package.
They are both right, but why on earth did they both take 4 on the last stop then? Obviously they knew the tire situation. They simply gave the win away.

What painting is that in RC’s office? Looks like a native american battle and a rifle above the painting.

They are both right, but why on earth did they both take 4 on the last stop then? Obviously they knew the tire situation. They simply gave the win away.
Harvick didn't want to gamble either, Childers wanted him to stay out and he came in for four tires. I think he laid down a bit

1595202589201.png

I love how some people think Reddick willingly lost 3 consecutive restarts for his 1st career cup win lmao
I don't think it was the restart he lost, but he said it when interviewed. He wanted it to be a two car race. If he would have gone side by side and pressed it, it wouldn't have been.

Brads got some ideas

How bout we fix a system where half the field is junk teams that hire junk pay drivers. Get rid of the charter system. No need to have Rick Ware and StarCom riding around 3 seconds off the pace every week with bums like Smithley and Houff.

I'd like to know Brad's feelings on rules for pushing/blocking on super speedways, somebody ask William Byron about that.
Byron still can't even keep the car straight some days.

I get Brad does some silly stuff, but I think NASCAR would need something along these lines. Its up to them to figure out guidelines of how it needs to be done. I have no issues with backmarkers, but Houff has done that a second time this season.

Byron still can't even keep the car straight some days.

I get Brad does some silly stuff, but I think NASCAR would need something along these lines. Its up to them to figure out guidelines of how it needs to be done. I have no issues with backmarkers, but Houff has done that a second time this season.
He was keeping it straight that day

Remember when Starcom replaced Landon Cassill who did a decent job in the car with Quin Hoff, and certain people told us it wasn't about money and Hoff was actually an improvement? ;)

He was keeping it straight that day
Its over and done with.

Brad is speaking with a lot of sense in this situation. Can't wait to see Byron breakout though, I'll continue to wait and see when that happens. Obviously, I hope he does because I really like the guy.

Its over and done with.

Brad is speaking with a lot of sense in this situation. Can't wait to see Byron breakout though, I'll continue to wait and see when that happens.
some people think that a rule for everything will solve all the problems in the world.

Austin got a couple points from me for taking a "silver spoon" shot at himself at the finish line interview.

I’m pretty sure the ‘shot’ he was taking was at anyone who had applied the silver spoon blast to him in the past.

Good on him tho for getting a win and a legitimate reason to bust it out.

I’m pretty sure the ‘shot’ he was taking was at anyone who had applied the silver spoon blast to him in the past.

Good on him tho for getting a win and a legitimate reason to bust it out.
He has matured a lot it seems. Now watch him do something stupid.

It’s always like that. Last years Watkins Glen race was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Everyone rated it 9-10 because Chase won lol.

Really? I thought the Glen was one of the top 2-3 races ALL last year, and I promise you it wasn't just because Chase won.

some people think that a rule for everything will solve all the problems in the world.
I mean its worked for the FIA with a few previous exceptions.

I said from the outset he was a downgrade, Houff I guess had money behind him. A lot of the sponsors I see on the car, outside of Greek Movers, are new to the team. I like Houff, but this isn't the first time he's done something crazy like that. In StarCom's case he had money and probably came in at a cheaper price compared to Cassill.

I mean its worked for the FIA with a few previous exceptions.

I said from the outset he was a downgrade, Houff I guess had money behind him. A lot of the sponsors I see on the car, outside of Greek Movers, are new to the team. I like Houff, but this isn't the first time he's done something crazy like that. In StarCom's case he had money and probably came in at a cheaper price compared to Cassill.
Sorry bud, I don't see much of anything working for FIA. I try to stay out of that mess, but you keep bring it up like it is great racing. I could go on and on about that series. Glad you like it with it's rules on top of rules. It's a series for those that think there should be a rule for everything because the series sure tries hard and it continues to blow up in their faces, with crappy calls and unfair favoritism.

Saw the highlights of the race. Hendrick has done so poorly this last month in points races. Makes me want to cry. I thought “Hendrick was back”?

Saw the highlights of the race. Hendrick has done so poorly this last month in points races. Makes me want to cry. I thought “Hendrick was back”?
Two of them were wrecked by other cars the 88 and the 24, and Jimmy did the hit everything but the pace car. Elliott along with quite a few others had the wrong strategy/bad luck when a caution flew late

Back
Top Bottom