Cup RACE thread --- Texas

I haven't had larson as the champion all season and still don't. All it takes at phoenix is someone turning you and you're done. You can't call the champion in this format until the checkered flag falls at phoenix
He'd be leading in the Chase format too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They are still performing that childish chant.

For the love of God people... To the point NBC had to turn down the crowd microphones.

NBC can’t even do a winner interview? Joke network

Thats the thing too. Even if nascar has the best product next year, the new car is a win… and they win all the California fans possible, how is NBC dropping coverage helping at all?

This network has gotta gtfo

Mreh, just hand him the damned trophy already. He’s performed and that team has clearly been the best. This thing’s over.

It’s a one race championship, I don’t think there’s a favorite sadly. It’s great Larson made it, but the one race format makes me nervous

Wild race at Texas :punkrocke Go 5

1634508566759.png

“Control of the lanes”

lol, so take the bottom lane instead of the outside 4 times. The one time he did have the bottom behind Larson he blew it.

Blaney might want to make a call to a Mr. Hamlin. Martinsville may not be pretty for him.

That obviously doesn't matter. Points is one thing. If this were a points format he could lock the championship this round easily.

But its not. None of this matters till phoenix.
I'm just pointing out that they've gotten it done in every format. Since 2014, the champion, I'm pretty sure, ended up being the driver who woulda won it under the old Chase system. Save maybe 2019 and 2015

I'm just pointing out that they've gotten it done in every format. Since 2014, the champion, I'm pretty sure, ended up being the driver who woulda won it under the old Chase system. Save maybe 2019 and 2015

Yes. As much as the Harvick nuthuggers whined last year, Elliott would’ve won under any Chase format.

Last edited:
With this format there is no way to know who is going to take the championship trophy home until the last lap at Phoenix, unless something major goes wrong early. But the one thing I know for sure, is that the most deserving team will definitely be one of the final 4 teams racing for it.

Kyle was not the best in 2015, Jimmie was not the best in 2016, Joey was not the best in 2018.

With this format there is no way to know who is going to take the championship trophy home until the last lap at Phoenix, unless something goes major wrong. But the one thing I know for sure, is that the most deserving team will definitely be one of the final 4 teams racing for it.
One thing I know for sure, it makes for hard close racing

And you love it after seeing Chase run circles around JJ for a few years. You just haven't outwardly admitted you're a full on Larson fan yet for some reason.
There it is.

Edwards fan first and foremost. JJ became #2 after 2012n(I was anti Brad because of his rivalry with Carl), and after Carl stepping away, JJ what was what was left, so that's all good. Brad's 2012 title, Stewart's 2011 title, 08 Johnson and the 16 wreck were far more difficult as a fan.

Ive been open about my support of Larson this year and have made it clear. My apologies for not announcing it to the community in a single post, yes, I'm a Larson fan. And Blaney.

Methinks Chase gets a 5 car next week.
he gets one every week,but the dumb ass crew messes it up and cant get it though tech,changed something on the frontend so the front tire would fail. they would do the same to a 5 car.hope he makes it,but they will have to change their way.

Under the Chase format? 16 and 18 weren't?

I mean Joey was decent if it was the “Chase” format but Kyle wouldn’t have been able to even make the Chase lol.

I mean Joey was decent if it was the “Chase” format but Kyle wouldn’t have been able to even make the Chase lol.
This: Kyle’s first title run was painted as being dramatic and such a story effort, all while ignoring the reason he was sidelined was trying to pad his stats in the minor leagues. There’s a reason Cup stars avoided that risk in the past.

Right. I'm talking about the entire performance over the final 10 races though. Dunno. We will see what happens.

This: Kyle’s first title run was painted as being dramatic and such a story effort, all while ignoring the reason he was sidelined was trying to pad his stats in the minor leagues. There’s a reason Cup stars avoided that risk in the past.
Cheap shot.

I agree with you, I'm just saying it doesn't matter anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom