Cup RACE thread --- Texas

Which in the 2 mile range has he won on for the speedways?
He literally had Pocono won coming off of turn 4 on the last lap if 2.5 miles counts. Also an engine failure in one of the plate races.

I mean Larson has ran circles around Chase in the same equipment.

The dementia part is that Harvick actually thinks Chase is concerned about him, or gives a damn about him. As for Larson running circles around Chase, I'm sure it's 100% Chase's fault since he is an even bigger no talent hack than Matty D. As bad as he sucks, I STILL can't figure out how he won that championship last year. I'm sure if Larson drove the 9 car, they'd have 30 wins at least.

The dementia part is that Harvick actually thinks Chase is concerned about him, or gives a damn about him. As for Larson running circles around Chase, I'm sure it's 100% Chase's fault since he is an even bigger no talent hack than Matty D. As bad as he sucks, I STILL can't figure out how he won that championship last year. I'm sure if Larson drove the 9 car, they'd have 30 wins at least.
So bitter.

I'd say he's taken that next step this year, I think he's a threat to make it to Phoenix by winning a race this round and win the championship.
I agree, I have underestimated him a little this year myself. I realize that a lot of us have been concentrating on Larson and Chase most of the season but now that Chase is on the outside looking in it is hard not to take notice of what Blaney has done to put himself in the number 2 spot. The whole 9 team from the driver to the crew chief has made a lot of mistakes this year and Blaney and his boys deserve to be where they are at. Obviously I want Larson or Chase to win but if they don't then I'm rooting for Blaney.

I can only speak for myself and I have always believed he is great talent and he is also good natured and easy to like.
I also think Chase is the guy to beat at Kansas and the one I would bet on winning this coming weekend.

But I have seen enough to believe Larson is currently better. He is in year one at HMS and he already stands out above his teammates and the results speak for themselves, I think it is obvious self evident stuff.

But that doesn't mean I do not respect the 2020 champion.

I agree, I have underestimated him a little this year myself. I realize that a lot of us have been concentrating on Larson and Chase most of the season but now that Chase is on the outside looking in it is hard not to take notice of what Blaney has done to put himself in the number 2 spot. The whole 9 team from the driver to the crew chief has made a lot of mistakes this year and Blaney and his boys deserve to be where they are at. Obviously I want Larson or Chase to win but if they don't then I'm rooting for Blaney.

With his run today Brad also looks to be kind of a stealth pick for Phoenix.

Yeah, same.

It's a breakout year for him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can only speak for myself and I have always believed he is great talent and he is also good natured and easy to like.
I also think Chase is the guy to beat at Kansas and the one I would bet on winning this coming weekend.

But I have seen enough to believe Larson is currently better. He is in year one at HMS and he already stands out above his teammates and the results speak for themselves, I think it is obvious self evident stuff.

But that doesn't mean I do not respect the 2020 champion.
I think Cliff has turned him into a more well rounded driver. I didn't start focusing hard on them till summer time, but it seems like Kyle still had old habits, and the more I listen, the more I hear Cliff coaching him on mental stuff, tire management, being mindful of where his competitors are, lines. He feeds him important information, Larson has learned to not attempt to outdrive his equipment.

Forgetting all about strategy and setup, I don't think Larson would have been cruising to regular season dominance, even with this speed, without Cliff's coaching.

I remember saying last year that he's an exceptional leader. Criticized the hell out of him for struggling to adjust to changing track conditions (happened early this year, and still does), but it's been cleaned up. Cliff is a borderline elite CC in the cup series both in terms of technical stuff and motivation. He's the most natural leader out of all the CCs at HMS. Larson's talent is obvious, but Cliff deserves quite a bit of credit in helping Larson harness that.

I think Cliff has turned him into a more well rounded driver. I didn't start focusing hard on them till summer time, but it seems like Kyle still had old habits, and the more I listen, the more I hear Cliff coaching him on mental stuff, tire management, being mindful of where his competitors are, lines. He feeds him important information, Larson has learned to not attempt to outdrive his equipment.

Forgetting all about strategy and setup, I don't think Larson would have been cruising to regular season dominance, even with this speed, without Cliff's coaching.

I remember saying last year that he's an exceptional leader. Criticized the hell out of him for struggling to adjust to changing track conditions (happened early this year, and still does), but it's been cleaned up. Cliff is a borderline elite CC in the cup series both in terms of technical stuff and motivation. He's the most natural leader out of all the CCs at HMS. Larson's talent is obvious, but Cliff deserves quite a bit of credit in helping Larson harness that.

good crew chiefs are important. Ask KDB and Truex

Yeah, same.

It's a breakout year for him.

I like how y’all think. Save for Truex, maybe, there’s not anyone else I’d want to see rise to the top in Phoenix. Absolutely not Denny. 😂

Woah.

I like how y’all think. Save for Truex, maybe, there’s not anyone else I’d want to see rise to the top in Phoenix. Absolutely not Denny.
Save for Truex, oh hey there, remember me?

;)

I'm just saying for someone with dementia it's pretty impressive he notices how much better Larson is in the same stuff.
Well, one thing's for sure, neither you nor Kevin will pass up a chance to trash Chase for having the audacity to continue to breath.

Back
Top Bottom