Cup RACE thread --- Texas

I think ty got off pretty easy, he should have had a larger penalty that affected him more. The penalty affects the team much more than him, is pretty tough to punish him over the team though, only a fine affects him but he doesn't know the value of money so that is nothing to him. Maybe a 1 race suspension to really let it be known that you don't mess around on pit road.

Hamlin might be a screwball, but If I needed a Nascar driver for MY team, as far as talent and focus he would be high on that list. Probably would include Chastain also but he makes some weird racing moves.
Focus is the exact reason he wouldn't be on my team. In every big moment he's been in his own mind has figured out a way for him to screw it up

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Wow 25 points seems pretty harsh considering its Nascars fault for missing it when it happened. He should've been sent to the back but now he took a much harder hit cause of their incompetence

The only issue I have with the fines is I think Denny should have gotten something too. Basically all nascar said with just fining the #24 was its ok to go and beat on someone under caution, as long as you don't spin them out.

They better win the appeal! Penalizing him during the race would have been acceptable as he could have made it back. But taking away 25 points for such a minor issue and at such a crucial point in the season is kind of BS.

If the penalty stands, he'll almost need to play it safe at Dega, because if he wrecks, it'll almost make Charlotte a must win.

Focus is the exact reason he wouldn't be on my team. In every big moment he's been in his own mind has figured out a way for him to screw it up

Maybe he will mature one day, he's still a fast mother.

Anyone remember when Bubba threw water in Bowman face while he was getting medial attention. No fine no penalty no nothing.

Wow 25 points seems pretty harsh considering its Nascars fault for missing it when it happened. He should've been sent to the back but now he took a much harder hit cause of their incompetence
Its not NASCARs fault. You have to use the "but for" principal.

Didn’t he report smoke coming from under the dash early in the race or am I dis-remembering?
Think you might be right, I thought it was in stage 1 he radioed in he smelled something burning intermittently

Wonder kid Ty Gibbs status:

1664370778983.png

The only issue I have with the fines is I think Denny should have gotten something too. Basically all nascar said with just fining the #24 was its ok to go and beat on someone under caution, as long as you don't spin them out.

Denny should have gotten something for driving Willy hard into the turn? Really? Willy did the same thing to Logano in Darlington 1. The problem with poor Willy is that he is trying to be something he is not. A badass. When you have a wimp trying his hand at punching somebody in the face, it's just awkward.....but ya know, NASCAR these days....be a badass.

Denny should have gotten something for driving Willy hard into the turn? Really? Willy did the same thing to Logano in Darlington 1. The problem with poor Willy is that he is trying to be something he is not. A badass. When you have a wimp trying his hand at punching somebody in the face, it's just awkward.....but ya know, NASCAR these days....be a badass.
Amazing, with his thought process they would have to penalize everyone on the track

Did you even read what I wrote? I made no mention of the the "racing incident". I'm talking about Denny beating on the #24 under caution, which I think he should have been fined for.

Did you even read what I wrote? I made no mention of the the "racing incident". I'm talking about Denny beating on the #24 under caution, which I think he should have been fined for.
I admit I read it wrong but No, he didnt deserve a penalty for bumping someone square under caution. That stuff is common, turning someone is not.

It was a typical chicken $hit move that Hamlin is known for. He took the air off of the 24 and followed him up the track keeping it that way until he released the 24 when the 24 didn't have enough room to recover before hitting the wall. It damaged the suspension on the 24 and took the 24 out of contention for a win.
Then it is always the "who me" Hamlin defense "never touched him". Hendrick is right to protest. Any racers who are on the panel will see Hamlin's actions for what they were. Denny has always been a dirty driver (though he screams loudly at others) and it's getting worse as he ages.

Back
Top Bottom