Cup RACE thread --- The All-Star race

Anyone who understands the point of a caution flag and the purpose it serves within a race cannot say that yellow was the slightest bit justified in that situation. And that's the bottom line, because common sense said so.
So I guess it didnt happen.

So I guess it didnt happen.

So what's your argument? Everything that ever happens in life is correct because humans never make mistakes? And anyone in a position to make a judgment call is above any form of criticism when they screw up? Get real, man.

So what's your argument? Everything that ever happens in life is correct because humans never make mistakes? And anyone in a position to make a judgment call is above any form of criticism when they screw up? Get real, man.
It doesnt matter if you think it was a mistake, or NASCAR thinks it was a mistake, it happened, thats a fact. The events that followed were mistakes by the driver and spotter.

It doesnt matter if you think it was a mistake, or NASCAR thinks it was a mistake, it happened, thats a fact. The events that followed were mistakes by the driver and spotter.
Well, that driver and spotter won a million bucks. Meanwhile, you're being laughed at on a rather obscure message board. Also facts. Why don't you head to bed, skippy.

Of course it happened, and it was 100% the wrong call. I didn't mention anything about the window net or any of the events that followed. Blaney and/or the spotter making a mistake shouldn't overshadow the most ridiculous yellow flag in the history of auto racing. I thought a yellow for a child's stray balloon in the Pocono infield was bad, but this takes the cake.

Well, that driver and spotter won a million bucks. Meanwhile, you're being laughed at on a rather obscure message board. Also facts. Why don't you head to bed, skippy.
Yes they did while yokels like you whine about NASCAR enforcing rules. So why should I care about someone like you, a never has been laughing at me "on an obscure message board"? ha!

Of course it happened, and it was 100% the wrong call. I didn't mention anything about the window net or any of the events that followed. Blaney and/or the spotter making a mistake shouldn't overshadow the most ridiculous yellow flag in the history of auto racing. I thought a yellow for a child's stray balloon in the Pocono infield was bad, but this takes the cake.
Lets say it was the wrong call, the call was made and the race wasnt over. You understand now????

Lets say it was the wrong call,

Even NASCAR says it was the wrong call. The only one ignoring that is you.

the call was made and the race wasnt over. You understand now????

I never failed to understand that. If you want to go ahead and point out where you think I was ever confused by this, I'm all ears.

Even NASCAR says it was the wrong call. The only one ignoring that is you.

I never failed to understand that. If you want to go ahead and point out where you think I was ever confused by this, I'm all ears.
sigh, I said even if it was the wrong call the race was not over.

If you listen carefully you will here Miller say, "if this was a regular race it would have been over" It wasnt a regular race. The rule was it wouldnt finish under yellow. Game. set. match. Have a great night kids!

If you listen carefully you will here Miller say, "if this was a regular race it would have been over" It wasnt a regular race. The rule was it wouldnt finish under yellow. Game. set. match. Have a great night kids!

Nobody is confused by the rules. Nobody is suggesting the race should have ended with that yellow. We're simply pointing out how wrong it was to throw a yellow in that situation.

The point everyone is trying to make is, they made the wrong call to bring out the yellow. Doesn’t matter if they did. Doesn’t change the fact it was the wrong call. Why don’t you understand that?

He said that they probably shouldn’t have issued that caution.

To be serious for a second, same. I like to be able to see across the track, and if the place has anything over the fans, being high enough up to be under it.
We used to sit second Row from the top turn 4 at Chicagoland. Best seats. A bit of a hassle to get up to, it was quite the workout. The times I’ve been to Daytona, we sit exit of pit road as high up as we can. Those seats were awesome for the Rolex, could see everything.

That’s good enough for me, they missed the call. It happens.

Meh. It's way more than just a "missed call" IMO. There have been too many times in the past when NASCAR tries way too hard to find a reason for a yellow, simply because they love restarts and the action they bring. The fundamental reasoning and the logic behind a caution went out the window a long time ago. Fortunately, NASCAR has been a lot better about this ever since they introduced the stage cautions. Less reason for phantom/BS yellows when they have a couple "legitimate" breaks built in every race. I remember watching an Xfinity race back in the mid 2010's when they threw a yellow because a car got loose. Didn't even wait to see if he wrecked (he didn't), didn't even wait to see if there was a flat tire or debris (there wasn't)....they threw the yellow just because.

Tonight, they threw the yellow at the last second to add drama. There was no hazard, no danger, no reason to throw a yellow. Zero, none, nada. They did it for entertainment purposes only. That's not an honest mistake, that's just terrible judgment.

Meh. It's way more than just a "missed call" IMO. There have been too many times in the past when NASCAR tries way too hard to find a reason for a yellow, simply because they love restarts and the action they bring. The fundamental reasoning and the logic behind a caution went out the window a long time ago. Fortunately, NASCAR has been a lot better about this ever since they introduced the stage cautions. Less reason for phantom/BS yellows when they have a couple "legitimate" breaks built in every race. I remember watching an Xfinity race back in the mid 2010's when they threw a yellow because a car got loose. Didn't even wait to see if he wrecked (he didn't), didn't even wait to see if there was a flat tire or debris (there wasn't)....they threw the yellow just because.

Tonight, they threw the yellow at the last second to add drama. There was no hazard, no danger, no reason to throw a yellow. Zero, none, nada. They did it for entertainment purposes only. That's not an honest mistake, that's just terrible judgment.
I was being diplomatic for the sake It’s exhausting being talked down to for the last hour and then being thrown in our faces we aren’t a part of the sport.Then the sport comes out and says exactly what we were trying to say on here. I figured going your route which is right btw, opens up a can of worms that frankly at 1130 pm central time I just didn’t have the energy to open.

I was being diplomatic for the sake It’s exhausting being talked down to for the last hour and then being thrown in our faces we aren’t a part of the sport.Then the sport comes out and says exactly what we were trying to say on here. I figured going your route which is right btw, opens up a can of worms that frankly at 1130 pm central time I just didn’t have the energy to open.

I can appreciate the fact they are at least being honest about it instead of doubling down and trying to justify what clearly cannot be justified with a straight face.

They still need to take a hard look at race control. I really question the decision making by whoever made that call. To me, throwing a caution in that situation is basically the equivalent of a pitcher hitting a batter in the ribs with a fastball, and the ump calling it a strike

They may have to mandate a minimum pressure like NHRA does for the fuel teams. It used to be 5-1/2 if I remember right.
yeah F-1 does the same thing. They were blowing left rears at Kansas, everything was right sides at Texas front or rear depending on the setup. I think the second time around there will be less of it.

It was nice hearing Bowman got a 6th place finish after starting from the back of the pack. I didn't see the race, but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

Anyone who understands the point of a caution flag and the purpose it serves within a race cannot say that yellow was the slightest bit justifiied in that situation. And that's the bottom line, because common sense said so.
It was a bad call and I don't think anyone agreed with it.
I think the biggest differences is the amount of criticism for the judgement call.

Personally I think it was ridiculous but it happens and will continue to happen. Nascar isn't the only one eo suffer from a bad judgement call(s) and it is not the end of the world.

Furthermore I hate GWCers, cautions breed caution sh!tshows but I am not going forgot about or give up on racing when they happen.

Reactions: Pat
I could care less if it was a bad call or not. The million buck prize wasn't going to me either way. No points involved so what the hell. Watching heads explode was part of the entertainment. They think stuff up for the All Star that they think will work. I think the party and all of the side shows they had at the track worked, they had a good turnout, but the race format wasn't that great. I think the 50 lap ending is better than the 10 lap one but that was about it. Too complicated. Speeds are back up pushing 190 again. Charlotte will probably be more of the same.

Back
Top Bottom