Cup RACE thread --- Watkins Glen

Dirty air bubble on a road course. This board will love it because chase won but this was a meh race. All chase had to do was hold his line and not overdrive the corners and once Truex got within 3 car lengths and hit the bubble couldn’t do nothin.

Now that I got the crappy rules package bashing out of the way,

hell yeah Chase :p

I would usually agree with this, but I have to say, seeing this at Watkins Glen, plus the race itself, has me considering making the trip soon. And that is a very long trip for me to make. To each his own...
I'm one of those sickos who loves going the next day when the scheduled date is delayed. Nobody there, easy parking, sit or stand where you want, no lines, no traffic.

Great piece of driving by Kyle too to finish 11th.

Byron 21st, Wallace 28th.

That kid deserves more time in the 20...he’s going to get more wins in that ride
He's definitely making the case for it. I was among the doubters, but Erik has been involved in less incidents lately and hasn't been driving so erratic and over his head as he was prone to doing for a while.

Dirty air bubble on a road course. This board will love it because chase won but this was a meh race. All chase had to do was hold his line and not overdrive the corners and once Truex got within 3 car lengths and hit the bubble couldn’t do nothin.

Now that I got the crappy rules package bashing out of the way,

hell yeah Chase :p
I understand your point but the same thing happened last year. Chase did make a pass for the lead in that race though. The right car could pass today, it just happened that that car was leading all day.

First dominant day of Chase's career, I'm gonna enjoy those free wings tomorrow.

Dale Jr. was the only one of the babblers in the booth to not ignore the aero reality of the hill Truex had to climb. Elliott mentioned that Truex was faster the last two runs but track position was king. Truex stated that it was all about restarts and track position, which is true. Everyone was very diplomatic, because it was indeed an intense battle, and Elliott made no substantial mistakes and drove a fantastic race.

I understand your point but the same thing happened last year. Chase did make a pass for the lead in that race though. The right car could pass today, it just happened that that car was leading all day.

First dominant day of Chase's career, I'm gonna enjoy those free wings tomorrow.
no use wasting your breath IMO.

Smooooth driving.

Lol Kyle and Bubba.

That was 100% on Bubba. Kyle did nothing wrong there. Bubba is an idiot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Truex wore his car out trying to catch Chase, lost the front end in the bus stop many times, hell of a lot of passing on a road course and road courses aren't known for passing

They can talk aero advantage all day but Truex made a couple mistakes as he was at his bumper and Chase made none. Thats what got him the win.

As you know, different factors can be true simultaneously. The high downforce is a detriment everywhere and played a key role in why Truex had to push so hard and make those 'errors'. Chase was forthright that Truex was faster. It's also undeniably true that Elliott drove an excellent race and executed perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom