Cup RACE thread --- Watkins Glen

Suarez does well at Bristol and did what he needed to do today a tie for 5th spot to make the cut. It is amazing. Crazy day but darn good for Daniel. Don’t want that to get lost in all the other mess 😬

I'm baffled at all the negativity surrounding the GWC's. I vividly remember people complaining about races ending under yellow. Like, people were outraged whenever it happened.

GWC's aren't perfect, but they sure are better than having races end under yellow.

Today's exciting finish doesn't happen without the GWC rule.

I'm baffled at all the negativity surrounding the GWC's. I vividly remember people complaining about races ending under yellow. Like, people were outraged whenever it happened.

GWC's aren't perfect, but they sure are better than having races end under yellow.

It's just because as the years have gone by the respect has gone so far out the window, guys just do anything they want out there and know there's really no repercussions for any of it. Unless you're Austin Dillon lol.

It's just because as the years have gone by the respect has gone so far out the window, guys just do anything they want out there and know there's really no repercussions for any of it. Unless you're Austin Dillon lol.

This. But double file restarts are also a problem.

GWC's usually never delayed the race 35 minutes like they do now.

They should stop having the GWCrs, and double file restarts. Nascar should also be forced to execute the people who implemented this failed experiment. A burnt sacrifice or peace offering is needed, somebody should have to die for what they have done to the people..

Yep, after about a dozen of them, we have the crying towels out again.

That is probably Spire's best finish ever.

Great day all around for them. Very impressive runs by Carson and Zane.
Shoutout to Zane Smith on his impressive top 5 run. He had an abysmal start to his rookie season but has slowly figured it out.
Yea his year really couldn’t have started worse. It’s a shame he’s losing his ride. I’m really hoping he lands at FRM.

I can't believe Jeff Burton called this the best round in the playoffs.

You have a total crapshoot at Atlanta, a complete tire fuel strategy race of a road course where tire wear did nothing until the tail end of the run... Then FINALLY an ordinary race.

If you're going to have an elimination style playoff you got to find a way to do a way with the total gambling races. If Blaney ended up wrecking at Atlanta, he'd be entirely out of it after his wreck today
Jeff gets paid to talk, it doesn't mean he has to say all the right things.

I disagree for the simple fact that the race winner (should have won) is always at a great disadvantage for the restart.
EX: Driver races hard, has a great lead and can coast to the finish line. Ooops The driver in second place has a team mate who spins out causing a GWC. The second place driver never had a chance, now he has a great advantage. To me that is total BS.

I’ve been a supporter of GWC finishes. But now it’s getting ridiculous. Sucks for the crowd to have it end under yellow, but I’m to the point where I’m fine giving them one chance, but if they wreck again, it’s over.
Restart should be single file for top 5-10 cars.

When the GWC started it produced some exciting finishes. Now it gives drivers too many chances to move the deserving winner out of the way. (The deserving driver survived the GWC mess yesterday).

Troll or not, he or she is correct.
I strongly disagree. It’s something from even before stage points that I never liked. The winner of the race should ALWAYS leave with the most points. Back in the day the guy in second could leave with the same amount of points as the winner, and now a days they could leave with more? That’s something that could’ve been done also to make winning more important over any playoff format. Make sure the winner gets like 10-15 more points than who ever is in second place.

Buescher is a hell of a driver, Roush is lucky to have him and he's going to make deep lengthy playoff runs in that 17 once Brad and Co. figure everything out over there.
That finish between Buescher and SVG at Watkins Glenn will go down as one of the most exciting finishes in Nascar history. The playoff's win and you are in B.S. is a black mark against what Buescher did. Without the fudged up points system Buescher would be in the top 10 in points right now, but the press will try to forget that, and focus the herd on poor Denny.

Back
Top Bottom