Dale Earnhardt Jr. to NBC

DFgIYYNV0AA3a5D.jpg:large

Please don't let Dale jr get neutered and be an excuse maker for NASCAR

the dal ejr on twitter is amazing

4 of them? How is that ever going to work?

They should at least let Burton go. Or Rick. Neither of them really add anything substantive.

Does this mean The Junior won't be the President of NASCAR and the CEO of Hamstrung Motosports simultaneously?

Does this mean The Junior won't be the President of NASCAR and the CEO of Hamstrung Motosports simultaneously?
I'm still waiting on the FOX signing announcement yet. I'm wondering if he may just be the first to work for both networks. Who knows? :idunno:

Yeah, I had a hard time with the color commentating during Indy.
Burton and Letarte seem to be taking after Mikey and over exciting every utterance.
It just gets annoying after 3 - 6 hours.

Hopefully Jr will bring a calmer presence like Harvick does in the booth.

I don't know. It looks the same message as when Jeff Gordon joined the booth and they moved Larry McReynolds out.

I think you do have to move somebody out. The booth is already crowded at 3. I cant imagine 4 people talking over each other.

Jabba? Letard? Round goes? could be gone, doesn't matter. Maybe Jr is such a star they get rid of all of em. Make it the Dale and Dale show

I am disappointed as I usually begin to like Nascar personalities less once they become beholden to the evil empire and make no mistake about Nascar and the networks having on air personnel on a short leash. In yesterday's race it would have been great if someone from the booth said "you knew there was no way Nascar was throwing the yellow until the leader crossed the magical line (can't remember what it is called). Also just being real and honest with other matters would be refreshing and embraced by the public, IMO.

I for one hope this isn't true. There is so much wrong at NBC all it will do is ruin peoples perspective of Junior. Everyone was happy when we heard Letarte was signed but folks let me repeat, those in he booth will do exactly as the director says. If you have a lousy director
no one can fix what is wrong with NBC or FOX.
The number one mistake with TV is these people feel they have to create a show for you and what they will never admit is the race is the show. People tune in to "see the race" not to watch a dumb ass like Rutledge or watch multiple wrecks from days gone by and certainly not a repeat after repeat of what a sway bar does and where it is located. The problem here is they treat every person like it is the first race they have ever seen. They produce nothing for the fans that
tune in to watch their race.

Never been a fan of these freshly retired drivers to the booth. Not a fan now. Love Junior, and wouldn't mind seeing him do the plate races, but dear God, another amateur in the booth?

Jabba? Letard? Round goes? could be gone, doesn't matter. Maybe Jr is such a star they get rid of all of em. Make it the Dale and Dale show

Yeah, just Dale. Nobody else. Ratings skyrocket! Junior is doing football in a year. ESPN signs him, and saves the network. Everything he touches turns to gold.

Never been a fan of these freshly retired drivers to the booth. Not a fan now. Love Junior, and wouldn't mind seeing him do the plate races, but dear God, another amateur in the booth?
This is the same catch 22 logic poor businesses use when hiring.

They want employees with experience but nobody is hiring people without experience.

Jr is a great fit IMO.

This is the same catch 22 logic poor businesses use when hiring.

They want employees with experience but nobody is hiring people without experience.

Jr is a great fit IMO.
besides Jr has been in the booth a number of times and he did a good job, he has a feel for it, sure he might not be perfect his first year, but he doesn't have to do anything to be better than what they have.IMO.

Rick Allen aside, I think Jr and Letarte are going to kill it in the booth, should be an enjoyable listen between those two. And this also must mean he is going to run his Xfinity races during the first portion of the schedule.

Think he fits Fox better but if this gets Steve Letarte out of the booth in into more of a Larry Mac role I'm good with it. Dale and Rick should be good together though. Now if they could get Burton out of there.

Legends like Jeff Burton? surely NBC put that in there. Please Jr say it ain't so.o_O

They also mentioned Kyle Petty as a Legend. I'm not sure what the criteria is for being a Legend, but I'm not really thinking legend when I think of this guy.

Back
Top Bottom