Dale Earnhardt Jr. to NBC

Good move for NBC. I think Junior will be an excellent broadcaster. Provided he maintains his ability to be honest and objective.

It hasn't been established yet what Junior's role will be with NBC. The article I read said his contract is with NBC Universal and not NBC Sports. They may have him doing interviews, studio stuff, and other pieces instead of being in the booth. We'll see when they announce his plans this winter or spring.

If they don't put the world's most popular driver in the booth to where you can hear him for 4 hrs at a time and see his face occasionally, someone needs to smack some sense into them.

All the networks have the same problem. Everyone is supposed to have a role but they all try to do each others job.
I don't need Letarte telling me how to drive a car. And when they do ask him a crew chief question he never answers it.
As far a Jr. being in the broadcast both i hope he isn't like Gordon and Letarte . Those two act like they know nothing about Hendrick Motorsports when a question is asked. What is the point of being an "expert" if the expert is going to talk down to the audience and never be honest or critical.
I have read where that is what everyone was worried about Tony Romo that he couldn't be critical and objective about his friends and former team mates. But he is actually being to critical in the practice games he and Nance are doing.
But we don't have to worry about Jr.and the other broadcasters being critical of Nascar, drivers, or other teams because they all have a connection with each other.
Plus I bet most of you didn't know this but Nascar has to give the okay before a broadcaster can be hired. So everything is propaganda when connected to Nascar.

Think he fits Fox better but if this gets Steve Letarte out of the booth in into more of a Larry Mac role I'm good with it. Dale and Rick should be good together though. Now if they could get Burton out of there.
FOX is supposedly waiting for Harvick to retire so they can replace DW with him.

While I do like harvick, it will be a sad day when Speedweeks rolls around and ol' DW isn't on my TV screen for that first practice session. Say what you will about him, he's a great guy that shares a unique, youthful passion for the sport.
Going to be quite awhile, Harvick has 4 years on his contract.;)

If they don't put the world's most popular driver in the booth to where you can hear him for 4 hrs at a time and see his face occasionally, someone needs to smack some sense into them.
I don't believe it for a minute. They are going to do some other things, but he will be in the booth. Jabber, Three wide, and Letard are shaking in their boots

They also mentioned Kyle Petty as a Legend. I'm not sure what the criteria is for being a Legend, but I'm not really thinking legend when I think of this guy.
Legend means they mentioned him many years ago and are doing it again today. :p

I am really disappointed Nascar didn't sign Junior to be part of their team. I am sure Kelly could have helped with all the PR. :):)

Untitled.jpg

FOX is supposedly waiting for Harvick to retire so they can replace DW with him.

Oh God no.

Hoda-- I need a hug. :D

Awesome Junior will do Figure Skating in the Olympics!!!!! That's going to be awesome. A redneck twist on a wine and cheese "sport." "Dat double axel right thur wan'd a good idear in my opinin."

Honestly, I don't care. I never listen to the broadcast anyway. RaceView and scanner. Didn't even know these Ding Dongs existed.

As an Earnhardt Jr. fan, I think this news of his transition to NBC is great news. Had fun following him for a long, long time.

The only downside will be the endless complaining about him in the booth. That's a given.

I was never a big fan of his as a driver, but love him as an announcer since he's actually in tune with the history of the sport. The only history the current group is aware of is Jeff Burton leading every lap at New Hampshire.

ESPN must not of seen the issue when they had Rusty and Brad can't think of his last name the basketball player who owns part of jtg
that was hilarious when young "Stephen" would do another bonehead move and Rusty would be watching his race car being wadded up and saying thru clenched teeth "and Stephen Wallace is into the wall". Wallace's career with his dad footing the bill didn't last long.

Man. Enjoy the dale jr that you all know now, the booth will ruin his image. He will be forced to "Jeff Burton" everything. Wait till NBC goes to dega... oh man.

Dale jr: you gotta draft here! You have to stay in the draft to win!

Dale jr: who's going to step up and be the pied piper today at talladega?!

there is no comparison, I've heard both behind the mic. Jabba is in his own world. :D Jr reports the race, Jabba thinks he can tell the future.

there is no comparison, I've heard both behind the mic. Jabba is in his own world. :D Jr reports the race, Jabba thinks he can tell the future.
I'm jumping the gun on it. If they could let dale be more free style and not try directing him so much he could be really fun. He is a huge fan of old race broadcasts so t could be fun with him putting a spin on things. But if they direct him to do so many catchphrases or something I don't know :D

Well somebody has to have the courage to ask the serious hard hitting question, that everybody is itching to know.

Will it be original Dale Jr calling the races, or his post concussion Dale Jrs body double calling the races for NBC?
And dont misunderestimates the importance of the Suthern die-elect. The one thing worse and more untrustworthy than proper enuciaiatingions is some phony Suthern talk.

Dale jr can bring some sanity to the booth as long as he doesn't drink the ****** kool-aid. I'm Sort of excited about this, though.

That is why I, as a Dale Jr fan, wish he had not taken this road.
Not a big deal, NASCAR fans complain about anything and everything. Sometimes, I think we even complain about things we like.

It doesn't matter who's in the booth. If BP, Ned, & Barney Hall were in the booth today, there'd still be complaints.

Not a big deal, NASCAR fans complain about anything and everything. Sometimes, I think we even complain about things we like.

It doesn't matter who's in the booth. If BP, Ned, & Barney Hall were in the booth today, there'd still be complaints.

But what if they're legitimate? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom