Darlington 400 and 500k Pre Race-Thread

Google street view. or were you bored out of your skull this afternoon?

Dad an I spent many a Sunday afternoon in the area between that white trailer and the trees beyond it, back when that was the handicapped parking.

Haha, just google street view. I was curious about your comment regarding a public road along turns 1 and 2.

Well if anyone is coming to the Peedee region in hopes of seeing a race, you can go to Florence Motor speedway on Saturday.

Some of the current changes for this weekend and moving forward, all posted by Bob Pockrass, I copypasting instead of sharing each individual tweet
the spotters won't be on the spotter stand. ... they will be spread out along the top rows of the grandstands.

A driver must keep the helmet on and then put on a mask given to the driver from a medical worker after the helmet is taken off. ... I would assume EMS will follow same protocols they use outside the race track.

Correct ... no family members, no VIP guests, no sponsors, no marketing people, no social media people, no PR people, no business executives are allowed for Darlington.

Actually the crew must wait outside victory lane so when the photographs are done and the driver has left, the crew can be let in to push the car to postrace tech.

The motorhome will be there so the driver can get changed into his uniform and remain away from everyone else. The motorhome driver parks the motorhome the day before and then must leave. ... This way the driver is totally isolated & will go to the car 10 minutes before the race.

Teams have been told no celebratory behavior involving direct contact with another person -- no handshakes, fist-bumps, high-fives, hugs, etc.

Have had questions about Victory Lane ... The winning driver will do live TV and radio interviews near the start/finish line with use of a boom mic. The driver will go to victory lane for photos with trophy & winner sticker but no other team members.

They could at least let Miss Samantha strut or do some yoga somewhere in front of a Camara at about 3:25 PM.

I got my pick em picks in, my fantasy driver team updated. I think we’re good to go for Sunday

I really think Atlanta will have limited fans. Georgia seems to absolutely give zero f**ks about this virus. Wouldn’t be shocked to see fans allowed
Georgia has been kind of odd with this thing. They've told a couple of dirt tracks they cannot open while some others have already opened or are planning to next week.

1589504018127.jpeg

I would kill for handwriting that legible.
I can print or scribble. But because of calculators, computers, texts, plus credit cards and direct pay replacing checks, I haven't had to actually write anything in a long time. I tried to write a note a few days ago and I gave up and printed instead. I can still scribble my name though. :)

OH yeah, heading to the track fellas!!!

Reactions: Pat
I dont know about y'all but this will be the first motorsports event I have ever
seen with out any practice or qualifying. I may be watching the start haif covering
my eyes.
1589668543491.png

Back
Top Bottom