Darlington 400 and 500k Pre Race-Thread

START: Healthcare workers across the country will give the command to start engines at 3:42. The green flag is scheduled to wave at 3:53 p.m.

DISTANCE: The race is 293 laps (400 miles) around the 1.366-mile oval.

STAGES: Stage 1 ends on Lap 90. Stage 2 ends on Lap 185.

COMPETITION CAUTION: Lap 30. The field will be frozen at the caution. When pit road is open, only the top 20 cars will be allowed to pit. Each car that pits must beat the pace car off pit road to retain its position. On the next lap, the other 20 cars will pit. Each car that pits must beat the pace car off pit road to retain its position. Then, the top 20 cars will be allowed to pit a second time. On the next lap, the other 20 cars will be allowed to pit again. After the second cycle for each team is completed, the lineup will be set and the race will resume.

I'm ready for the race. You know somebody's gonna say something and get rejected. Am I right, Michelin Man?

I dont know about y'all but this will be the first motorsports event I have ever
seen with out any practice or qualifying. I may be watching the start haif covering
my eyes.
View attachment 46863
IIRC, the 2018 Brickyard 400 was run on Monday without any practice or qualifying for both the Cup race and the Xfinity race.

This is a great day. NASCAR leadership thought out of the box to get us racing. This is what great leadership looks like. I have counted at least 20 people that I have talked to that will be tuning in who have never seen a race. Of course, I made them promise to root for MY TRD powered Toyota Camrys! Enjoy every damn lap people! RACING IS BACK! RACING IS BACK! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, RACING IS BACK!!!!!!!

even ESPN embracing the nascar pre-race coverage....haven't seen that in a long time

It's race day! No more waiting.

0masterskt2-vi.jpg

This is a great day. NASCAR leadership thought out of the box to get us racing. This is what great leadership looks like. I have counted at least 20 people that I have talked to that will be tuning in who have never seen a race. Of course, I made them promise to root for MY TRD powered Toyota Camrys! Enjoy every damn lap people! RACING IS BACK! RACING IS BACK! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, RACING IS BACK!!!!!!!
Somebody has to set the precedent.

Anybody on the ground there want to give us a weather update?

The radar looks pretty clean.

Anybody on the ground there want to give us a weather update?

The radar looks pretty clean.
No fans on the ground but Accuweather shows scattered storms at 3PM EST and partly cloudy for the remainder of the evening.

I’m so stoked on finally getting a race (and at my favorite track) that I brain-farted the no crowd.

Hoping not only for a good race but a GREAT one.

I’m so stoked on finally getting a race (and at my favorite track) that I brain-farted the no crowd.

Hoping not only for a good race but a GREAT one.
Most likely going to be overly conservative the first half.

Watched two old school truck races yesterday. Drivers had sweat pouring out of them after the race. Today's drivers need a towel to dab the sweat off.

Damn thats tough on the drivers. Cars just gonna roast in the sun for 3 hours until they hop in with full gear? Bleh.
Cars are normally on the grid well before driver intros. One hour vs. three makes little difference.

Besides, maybe the extra heat will help kill off any stray viruses.

So happy today is the big day! This is the biggest televised race for me in a very very long time. With not much else going on in life besides work I don't think I've ever been more excited for a race just on TV! It really feels like I'm at the track on race day!

I've got beer, meat, classic rock playing, and stunning blue Connecticut skies!

Is there no televised pre-race coverage? I would have thought Fox would have been all over this. Similar to leading up to the Daytona 500...

Super excited! No idea what to expect. Will they take it easy? Or will they all want to come back to racing with a win? Time will tell!

So, the scanner thing they do on their app and site is suppose to be free right? How will I access that when the time comes?

Is there no televised pre-race coverage? I would have thought Fox would have been all over this. Similar to leading up to the Daytona 500...
On the Fox tv schedule it doesn't even show a NASCAR race on today.https://www.foxla.com/tv-schedule . But, there is an episode of Return to Racing from Darlington right now on KTLA here in Southern California. They are interviewing the owner of the Raceway Grill right now.

Back
Top Bottom