Darlington 400 and 500k Pre Race-Thread

1589902411394.png

Camber?

I wonder how they were able to fix that so quickly?

Camber In A Can! from the FlexSeal guys. Low budget teams are still using dehydrated camber and having to wait for it to set.

Warning! It may not be in your best interest to look at this hourly weather forecast for the next couple of days if you have been experiencing any symptoms of depression in the past few weeks.

Warning! It may not be in your best interest to look at this hourly weather forecast for the next couple of days if you have been experiencing any symptoms of depression in the past few weeks.
If NASCAR raced in Northern Africa the Sahara would turn into a rainforest.

You will get a headache, but I suspect the KDB car had mounted the body on the frame crooked. An edict came out from Nascar about the frame body mounting shortly afterwards
I suspect that this sort of thing would never make it past the initial NASCAR certification process.

There is a chance for tonight. There is nothing behind the current set of rain but knowing the south, pop ups will probably happen

Hate to think worst case, but I wonder if they can't get the Cup race in Thursday would they still run it on Friday with the 600 coming up on Sunday? If there's no racing today or Wednesday then it would make sense to switch the scheduled order for Thursday and have the Cup race first since Xfinity doesn't run again until Monday night. But I know, TV....

Doesn't look that good:mad:

There's an aspect of TV coverage I've completely overlooked. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, as much as I love the logistical operations. I've always thought about the main show, not the supporting side show.

Radar at 12:40p actually looks promising, but we all know how quickly that can change.

so what do we think ladies and gents, are they doing this tonight?

Hourly rain chances are 60%+ from 6 through midnight
Look at the radar. The front is pushing through. They may not make the rescheduled 6p start, but the original 8p is definitely doable. Take the covers off the scissor lift and be careful with the charcoal.

Look at the radar. The front is pushing through. They may not make the rescheduled 6p start, but the original 8p is definitely doable. Take the covers off the scissor lift and be careful with the charcoal.

Accuweather showing rain starting at 9:00PM tonight in Darlington.

I understand wanting to be optimistic until the bitter end, but sometimes the writing is on the wall lol.

3" of rain had already fallen on the track. That's quite a bit. There's no way we race today.

Back
Top Bottom