Darlington Bonehead

Lol, no pearn had the race won, just needed a little more patience

Truex, with Hamlin's pit incident a close second, though I'm not sure if that was really on either him or Jimmy or just more of a racing deal.

Chase is the bonehead

Chase gave Truex an opening by going low into that turn
Truex got a big run
what's he supposed to do not take advantage of it

I didn’t like what I saw/heard from Truex Jr

Being honest about the incident, Elliot brought that on himself when he went down in the corner and gave Martin the run.
So I am going to give the Bonehead move to Elliot. He was beating Truex so why try something different.?

Being honest about the incident, Elliot brought that on himself when he went down in the corner and gave Martin the run.
So I am going to give the Bonehead move to Elliot. He was beating Truex so why try something different.?
Listening to his post race interview I think he realized that and would have loved to have had a do over.

Chase is the bonehead

Chase gave Truex an opening by going low into that turn
Truex got a big run
what's he supposed to do not take advantage of it
Except MTJ was cutting huge chunks of time out of Elliot’s lead every lap. Chase tried something different to negate that and it didn’t work. When MTJ got his first run at him, he chose to do a hail mary dive bomb and cleared himself with 15 to go. Had he made that move with 1 to go MTJ would have won and Elliott finish P2. With so many laps left he destroyed both cars and ruined both of their races.

It’s not like MTJ got loose and sent himself up the track out of control. He said himself “I thought he would let me in”. He was in full control and decided to clear himself while Chase still had a fender on him. When Kyle dumped Chase he owned up to it. We now live in a world where MTJ is more petty than Kyle Busch.

_pdp_sq_

Classy interview by Chase.
This is true.

I do agree with a few of you, that Chase made a slight error and it seems he was aware of it.

Just racin’... would have been good it Truex simply owned his move. That’s the only issue I take away

Last edited:
GMS pitting with two to go might be the dumbest move of the whole season.

On the cup side, Toyota for the doofus one stop strategy that cost them a potential 1,2,3, finish. Even if not for the late yellow 9 and 4 blow by on fresher tires. Can't wrap my head around it when you're that much faster

Truex absolutely.

He was faster and not only took away Chase’s chance to win, he took his own chance away and put the 4 in the catbird seat.

As to Chase being at fault, his car was only about 5’ off the wall when Truex clipped him. Can’t see it.

As to the Denny/Jimmie deal, there was just too much traffic to wait so long b4 trying to get the 11 down.

I don’t blame either driver for Jimmie not seeing Hamlin’s hand signal, there were about four cars passing Hamlin ahead of the 48 as he tried to slow down.

Truex and Elliot. Truex caused the accident when he committed to a move that required Elliot to lift - an unrealistic assumption. And Elliot tried a lower, slower line that let Truex get a run on him.

At the end of the day, two of the more laid-back, clean drivers that we wouldn't expect to see get into it ended up tangling after all. I'm glad they didn't have much of a war of words or fisticuffs; not only do I like them both, but they strike me as genuine good guys. I'd kinda hate to see them fighting. My nod goes to MTJ. It was good that he saw an opportunity, but he should have been more patient as it was developing. Pretty sucky way to end a pretty incredible streak that he's had going and he managed to throw away a dominant Southern 500 car.

Except MTJ was cutting huge chunks of time out of Elliot’s lead every lap.
He was on his rear bumper and couldn't make the pass because of the line Chase kept running. It was only when Chase decided to change his line that Truex was able to get by him enough to try the slide.
Mistake was Chase's, he pulled a Hamlin and paid for it.

At the end of the day, two of the more laid-back, clean drivers that we wouldn't expect to see get into it ended up tangling after all. I'm glad they didn't have much of a war of words or fisticuffs; not only do I like them both, but they strike me as genuine good guys. I'd kinda hate to see them fighting. My nod goes to MTJ. It was good that he saw an opportunity, but he should have been more patient as it was developing. Pretty sucky way to end a pretty incredible streak that he's had going and he managed to throw away a dominant Southern 500 car.
Yep, and one of the many reasons Chase will have a long life at HMS.

After thinking about it, I give the obvious not to MTJ but I do see the point others have made about Chase going low in 3 and 4. That may have been why he was so mellow in the interview: beating himself up for doing that instead of taking away the 19's wheelhouse line.

Gotta add an honorable mention for Clayton Hughes: "Clear clear clear! HE HIT YOU!" I loathe him.

Truex. I think in the truck race, most were going to do the opposite of what the leaders did.

This is South Covidlina; she could have picked it up anywhere in the preceding weeks. She probably didn't get it at the race, just spread it around to others there.
Going anywhere you don't absolutely have to in this area is stupid. I'm in NC. Been under my bed since March. Could use a bath...

Back
Top Bottom