Darlington RACE thread ---

Kurt was throwing debris all over the track at the bottom of turns 2 and 3 at Texas. Joey blew up and probably got oil everywhere which is why I thought I saw smoke on the restart... and how in the hell can u call Kurts wreck a bs caution?

Kurt's wreck is the one that set up a SECOND G-W-C. The first one was for a tire rub, or something. Kurt was throwing a little bit of rubber down on the apron where nobody runs and was going to make it to pit road. NASCAR jumped as quick as they could to throw the caution.

Something in the gear ratio. Gordon has gotten bad at restarts but this particular instance was all car.

Dumbstafon is such a vanilla guy. Boring personality, boring conservative ways. This guy needs to go.

By the same token, Gordon is being way to nice to him.

Really Alan should have been a goner after last year.

Gustafson is a good crew chief, Gordon confusing the break with the gas isn't his fault

Kurt's wreck is the one that set up a SECOND G-W-C. The first one was for a tire rub, or something. Kurt was throwing a little bit of rubber down on the apron where nobody runs and was going to make it to pit road. NASCAR jumped as quick as they could to throw the caution.
He hit the wall in turn 2... the caution was thrown when he got to turn 3

Yeah, no. The caution that set up the G-W-C at California was bull****. The caution that set up the G-W-C at Texas was bull****. The caution with 10 to go tonight was bull****. And the caution that set up the G-W-C after the bull**** caution that bunched the field up was bull****.

Cliffnotes: GWC = bull**** :)

Something in the gear ratio. Gordon has gotten bad at restarts but this particular instance was all car.

Dumbstafon is such a vanilla guy. Boring personality, boring conservative ways. This guy needs to go.

By the same token, Gordon is being way to nice to him.

Really Alan should have been a goner after last year.

Wtf? There's only so many moving parts.. Blame the lane before that... I would imagine.

I'm not sure Alan is a hinderance though honestly.. The cars are bad quick....

Really? Source? I'd imagine it's dissappointment in the crew and in himself for the second to last restart. Well... for every other restart all race, really.

I didn't feel like it was warranted at all last week. That car was just killer.

I feel like their race strategy leaves a lot to be desired. I can't just stop watching so obviously I'm waiting for that w.. So frustrating though.
Get Raceview and listen in. The team screwed the pooch several times. That last 4 tire pit stop was 15.9 seconds. They missed pulling out a 1/2 left rear spring rubber on the second pit stop that shouldn't have been in there and caused the restart problems. On the next pit stop they pulled a full spring rubber instead that made it worse. That's what he meant during his interview.

Get Raceview and listen in. The team screwed the pooch several times. That last 4 tire pit stop was 15.9 seconds. They missed pulling out a 1/2 left rear spring rubber on the second pit stop that shouldn't have been in there and caused the restart problems. On the next pit stop they pulled a full spring rubber that made it worse. Thats what he meant

Thank you. I honestly would have never got that info otherwise.

I....actually want Johnson to do that now....

The tears and rage of haters from him winning the final race at Homestead and getting the Championship from that one win would be sooooo delicious.
Technically wouldn't even have to win, just beat the others in the final 4, right?

WHat? Any driver that "deserves" to be in contention is. And Jeff did say he's not good on restarts.

I think that was a bull**** cop out by him... As 'his biggest fan'

The whole 24 squad sabotaged themselves tonight. The racecar deserved better. lol

I....actually want Johnson to do that now....

The tears and rage of haters from him winning the final race at Homestead and getting the Championship from that one win would be sooooo delicious.

and once upon a time i thought you were a good person!

seriously, i've always hated the chase. and this year's version will be the biggest joke ever visited on nascar.

Well I thought it was interesting that JJ said Jr told him AFTER the race that the inside was best on the restarts since JJ was in the back all night.. WTF? They can't communicate this before the restarts over the radio????

Wtf? There's only so many moving parts.. Blame the lane before that... I would imagine.

I'm not sure Alan is a hinderance though honestly.. The cars are bad quick....

The cars have always been fast. Even going back to 2011.

Alan sucks at making changes, however.

Dude cannot adapt. How many times has Gordon brought a car that was good in the short and long run? Never in their history.

With how trigger happy NASCAR has gotten with the yellows, he should have more sense to give Gordon something he could work with in the short run.

Just like Bowyer had an itch or a tire go down or something.

Like I said, it's impossible for NASCAR to enforce the 100% rule, they only created it to placate the fans.

Technically wouldn't even have to win, just beat the others in the final 4, right?

Yep, but I still want him to win at Homestead, just to rub the salt into the wounds of haters. :D

Thank you. I honestly would have never got that info otherwise.
Raceview is awesome. It's hilarious how often the guys in the booth are wrong when they try to assess what the teams are doing or planning. It's much better to listen directly to the team :)

The cars have always been fast. Even going back to 2011.

Alan sucks at making changes, however.

Dude cannot adapt. How many times has Gordon brought a car that was good in the short and long run? Never in their history.

With how trigger happy NASCAR has gotten with the yellows, he should have more sense to give Gordon something he could work with in the short run.

True. They seem to have fewer up-down-up days than most anyone. I would just set up cars for heat races. Fuggit.

Back
Top Bottom