Darlington Throwbacks 2017

78d299ca94cddb5abee753bd2405b4c8.jpg

6c2286b0e2262a81f05965b7b0f87e50.jpg

That looks outstanding. The old ACDelco Busch Series colors. Die cast worthy for sure.

None of the Oakridge Boys have croaked since it was announced they would be singing the National Anthem so everything is still a go but I heard none of them buy green bananas.....:D

Liking the AC Delco throwback for Jr.

Not to sound like I'm complaining but one of the annoying parts about the whole throwback schemes is the track and the Telecast tries to do one certain era of throwback like this year's like the late 80s so it would just be kind of nice to see a little bit more consistency out of the paint schemes that actually would be from that time. Instead of seeing things from the sixties to the nineties...

Not to sound like I'm complaining but one of the annoying parts about the whole throwback schemes is the track and the Telecast tries to do one certain era of throwback like this year's like the late 80s so it would just be kind of nice to see a little bit more consistency out of the paint schemes that actually would be from that time. Instead of seeing things from the sixties to the nineties...
True.

I'm just glad to see rustys MGD black and gold again! :D :D :D

I know it says it's honoring Mark Martin but I remember that as a Jeff Gordon scheme. Bowyer driving a Jeff Gordon scheme is awesome
I was thinking JG immediately too haha

I have high hopes for this thing, has potential to be one of the better looking cars if they do it right.
If it doesnt have "chase elliott" written in that font on the wheel well, we riot!

A real throwback with the real sponsor - that's how it's done
Exactly!

I know it says it's honoring Mark Martin but I remember that as a Jeff Gordon scheme. Bowyer driving a Jeff Gordon scheme is awesome
Good catch!

You run the risk of incurring the wrath of the faithful by leveling any criticism about throwback weekend but the whole event seems forced and cheesy to me. Some things are better left to the memory bank and the history books, IMO.

Not all the throwbacks are from the 80s tho....unless you're saying Jr raced in the 80s since his car is a throwback to his Busch series car.
The picture with Clint and Mark Martin standing beside the car just might be your sign. But whatever you think, sometimes visual proof is the weakest proof.

Just to clear up the confusion, both Gordon and Martin drove that car in BGN. I think Martin was 89-90 and Gordon was '91, and they both ran that car as teammates for a couple races in '91 (Mark ran the #01).

Not sure if those years are 100% correct but close enough lol

The picture with Clint and Mark Martin standing beside the car just might be your sign. But whatever you think, sometimes visual proof is the weakest proof.
Yeah but if you see, the cars don't looi ANYTHING like each other. Unless you want to tell me these look the same.

f66571d46a8b0f4bce7875ff57d27390.jpg

Notice the back part where the font is not in the same direction.

Now look at this one.

0adb0c56cb24d4140505ce646171b69a.jpg

Visual proof is a weakness tho like you said. :)

Back
Top Bottom