David Wilson was “disappointed”

You're ignorning the question.

Guess who is already in NASCAR Cup? HMS and RCR, guess what Cup teams are heavily involed in IMSA? HMS with Action Express and RCR makes the engines for the DPi program. Yes, TRD is invovled with VSR, however they are not involved in Cup Racing. This is about showing what established Cup teams can do in this situation at LeMans. That's what I'm getting at, but you continue to skirt around the question.

JGR is not involved in IMSA, I'm sorry that bothers you so much. I'm irritated because everything is set for everyone to be involved, yet you're complaining about TRD not leading the project. Who cares who's leading or who got the call up?

Been past the point of this place at times, but I'm still here discussing away. I know you're not going to agree, but I'm saying your points are moot. You're basing your opinion off of emotion.
I answered the question. You don't need a team to do this. You need a manufacturer who is involved--hands on...that is TRD. This is a new era....OEMs and teams are becoming one in the same--not old school stuff. I have never mentioned JGR as being involved. Not once. You will get some blabber mouths around here that don't want the OEMs that heavily involved, but whatever on that. TRD already is, and that bothers some, but again, whatever.

I have not heard one post from anybody addressing the shady way this was done....and that is the point of this thread and at the center of David's complaint.

As far as my unwavering loyalty being tiresome...Just what did you expect from me in this thread? Honestly.

Love your posts and while I don't always agree, I respect your angle on this sport.

Enjoy the race today, and I will see you back here to celebrate a Toyota victory! ;)

You're ignorning the question.

Guess who is already in NASCAR Cup? HMS and RCR, guess what Cup teams are heavily involed in IMSA? HMS with Action Express and RCR makes the engines for the DPi program. Yes, TRD is invovled with VSR, however they are not involved in Cup Racing. This is about showing what established Cup teams can do in this situation at LeMans. That's what I'm getting at, but you continue to skirt around the question.

JGR is not involved in IMSA, I'm sorry that bothers you so much. I'm irritated because everything is set for everyone to be involved, yet you're complaining about TRD not leading the project. Who cares who's leading or who got the call up?

Been past the point of this place at times, but I'm still here discussing away. I know you're not going to agree, but I'm saying your points are moot. You're basing your opinion off of emotion.
I think he is just a little confused right now. I just posted a post about Bowman selling crying towels and he changed the subject to Hamlin. :)

I think he is just a little confused right now. I just posted a post about Bowman selling crying towels and he responded talking about Hamlin. :)
Hamlin had a great point and I think that's what he's been saying.

No driver or representative of brands were not wrong if they had concerns over access to the event. Yet, nitpicking over being given full-access is just weird, at least IMHO.

No driver or representative of brands were not wrong if they had concerns over access to the event. Yet, nitpicking over being given full-access is just weird, at least IMHO.
I don't know if I am all that concerned about what Hendrick could learn, honestly. It's about the way in which it was done....and NASCAR's sudden commitment to allowing access recognizes the error of its ways. If Jim France didn't think that David would have an issue with this, he hasn't been paying attention....Truly don't know about Rushbrook.....and no, the Big Bill line that NASCAR is bigger than any participant no longer holds true....so spare me that.

Who driving a Toyota has more wins than him in the last 50 races?
Who driving a Toyota had the benefit of a complete redesign when the rest of the field was developmentally frozen in the last 50 races?

He sure is a cutie....
What does a guy have to do to get a drink around here Fella?...
Screenshot_20220522-144911_Facebook.jpg

I wasn't talking about anything Hamlin said. I was joking about Revman saying Bowman was a cutie and doesn't win very much. I will back out and just watch you guys have your serious debate.

and no, the Big Bill line that NASCAR is bigger than any participant no longer holds true....so spare me that.
You don't think NASCAR is still bigger than any participant? Really? NASCAR provides the sandbox that allows TRD and company to play.

the Big Bill line that NASCAR is bigger than any participant no longer holds true....so spare me that.
Okay, support your position. Name a current driver that' s bigger than NASCAR itself. Name a current driver whose departure will kill the sport, because they all leave eventually.

NASCAR survived Earnhardt dying, Jeff Gordon retiring, Jr prematurely retiring, Stewart retiring and Johnson going to Indy Car. All within 20 years of each other. The sport will always be bigger than one driver.

You don't think NASCAR is still bigger than any participant? Really? NASCAR provides the sandbox that allows TRD and company to play.
OEMs go away, and you have no "stock" in stock car racing.

Remember when all the Ford and Chevy fans screamed bloody murder about Toyota fielding a newly designed car that wasn't technically legal because it wouldn't see showrooms for almost a year? Yeah, I don't either. That was right at the height of Cole Pearn ruining 1.5s for everyone too.

Remember when all the Ford and Chevy fans screamed bloody murder about Toyota fielding a newly designed car that wasn't technically legal because it wouldn't see showrooms for almost a year? Yeah, I don't either. That was right at the height of Cole Pearn ruining 1.5s for everyone too.
Brilliant marketing. Build anticipation for the most popular sedan in America. Stock. Car. Racing. Never heard from the Chevy and Ford fans ever. Maybe there aren't any here?...and this was a deal cut with NASCAR on Toyota's entry BTW. The other OEMs could have complained then (if any of them actually complained)....or maybe, just maybe NASCAR did the deal without the other OEMs knowing anything about it? Naw, that could never happen!

Back
Top Bottom