Daytona 500 RACE thread ! !

Woulda thought after Dillon’s wreck they would do something but we almost killed Newman and we had a scare just now with Busch.

It’s only a matter of time before something worse happens.

These guys absolutely cannot keep playing follow the leader half throttle for over 100 laps and then think that full throttle send it with 1 to go will work. That’s not racing.

The sport had decades of great superspeedway racing without this desperation crap. It can be done. But this isn’t it chief.

They're some good finishes by smaller teans

1613367013388.png

I know the wrecks are what sells and imo is sadly what pack racing is about these days. With that said, when you continue to disrespect the fragility of human life it NEVER ends well. Kyle Petty said some like that but in more in-depth manner during the "Intimidator" ESPN special. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.....

I'm no doctor, so I'm not qualified to make a diagnosis, but I fear Kyle Busch may need to be tested for a concussion, he was slow getting out of the car..

These slingshot manuevers are getting too strong.. I fear somebody is going to get killed here.. I'm not saying I like the freight trains of 2017 or 2018 either, but this is dangerous..
I agree. I don't think we will see anyone get killed though. Injured, but not killed. Newman's wreck was a worst case scenario, and I can't imagine any wreck playing out worse than a car being hit harder in a worse spot than he was.

Granted, fire can be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I mean from what it looked like, he just pushed Brad right into Joey and caused it. Maybe it was a block, but so was the one with Austin a few years ago. But then, people saw it differently because of how they feel about Austin.
Is this your schtick? You try pulling this card like 5 races a year?

And the 11 still managed to finish 4th. I'm not a fan but he's got whatever it takes at Daytona

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm no doctor, so I'm not qualified to make a diagnosis, but I fear Kyle Busch may need to be tested for a concussion, he was slow getting out of the car..
He will be.

Right?

I agree. I don't think we will see anyone get killed though. Injured, but not killed. Newman's wreck was a worst case scenario, and I can't imagine any wreck playing out worse than a car being hit harder in a worse spot than he was.

Granted, fire can be a problem.

Fans in the stands too. There was a tire that went flying in that wreck. We've recently had some injured at Daytona...

I've never mentioned that since the actual Daytona 500 that it happened in... what are you even talking about lol?
Multiple races a year you go "if so and so did this everyone would be offended, but since they like this driver I guess it's fine" you're now applying it to situations that aren't even similar.

Love's wins on Valentines Day! Pumped for McDowell and that team winning THE DAYTONA 500. Very glad all driver's are okay after that wicked wreck. Really wish they would have gone double-file earlier than the last lap, but that's just the way it goes in these things. Thank god for the safety measures NASCAR has.

Multiple races a year you go "if so and so did this everyone would be offended, but since they like this driver I guess it's fine" you're now applying it to situations that aren't even similar.

Look, I like ya, so I'm not going to fight with you. I'm not even mad about what happened. It's the last lap of the Daytona 500, **** happens. But both WERE because of a block, so it is similar. But enjoy the rest of your night pal.

Can we get Kyle's interview please?

Look, I like ya, so I'm not going to fight with you. I'm not even mad about what happened. It's the last lap of the Daytona 500, **** happens. But both WERE because of a block, so it is similar. But enjoy the rest of your night pal.
Rewatch them not that similar

I really wish he would Kick Logano's ass. Joey wrecked him once if not twice last year at Daytona if my memory serves me correct
I’m surprised he came back to Penske (I think Hendrick was a real possibly until Larson’s odeal) Him and Joey haven’t been on the same page for a while

Back
Top Bottom