Daytona 500 RACE thread ! !

Pretty sure when they picked the start time, they didn't know when it was going to rain. It also rains early sometimes. You can say they should set it early just in case it ain't raining...but it sometimes can rain before noon... just saying man.
It rains nearly every day between 3-5 PM in Florida. Everyone knows that.

I think everyone understands it's possible for it to rain at noon. That's not groundbreaking information. If you have a 12 hour window to run a race or a 9 hour window. The percentages are better that you'll race in the larger window. Sometimes a 12 hour window won't be big enough, but they constantly go for the shorter window.

Again, stuff I pointed out. I was just saying today I don’t think it would’ve made a difference, it’s why I asked if it was dry at noon, because I know it was raining and wet only two hours before. Sometimes sure it would help. Let’s just hope we get the race today, the full race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think everyone understands it's possible for it to rain at noon. That's not groundbreaking information. If you have a 12 hour window to run a race or a 9 hour window. The percentages are better that you'll race in the larger window. Sometimes a 12 hour window won't be big enough, but they constantly go for the shorter window.

You're 100% right and I completely agree with you. But that literally doesn't matter. TV is going to dictate the start times based on their own programming agenda. For whatever reason, I don't think NASCAR has the pull (could be contract related) to change the start times drastically with the threat of bad weather like golf can in relationship to CBS/NBC/ESPN etc.

But I guess people would be okay with like the Daytona 250 or 300. Because I doubt all 500 miles would be ran by now. I rather a race start later and the rain gets out the way before we’re pass halfway so we can get all 500 miles.

You're 100% right and I completely agree with you. But that literally doesn't matter. TV is going to dictate the start times based on their own programming agenda. For whatever reason, I don't think NASCAR has the pull (could be contract related) to change the start times drastically with the threat of bad weather like golf can in relationship to CBS/NBC/ESPN etc.
Well, they need to let me write the contracts because showing the previous year's Daytona 500 every other year on raceday can't be good for business.

Yes. The question assumes the pending rain was a factor in how Kyle was racing. Nobody was racing to the red because they weren't close to halfway point or an official race.
Yeah, this was nothing more than new season excitement and bump drafting on a plate track.

Gutted for aric. Can't catch a break, but this was just a racing deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

But I guess people would be okay with like the Daytona 250 or 300. Because I doubt all 500 miles would be ran by now. I rather a race start later and the rain gets out the way before we’re pass halfway so we can get all 500 miles.

As long as the advertisers got their money, the race is completed and there's some good wrecks/highlights to show those that matter will be happy.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Chris Myers at a race unless my memory is letting me down here

Plus, let’s not all act like rain hasn’t been in the forecast for over a week. This weather has been expected and there was zero effort to mitigate it’s effects on the race. I think all fans are asking for is noticeable action to give fans a show. Everyone understands mother nature can’t be defeated, but sometimes she can be out maneuvered.

If I remember correctly, there was a race last season that was moved up a few hours. So the theory that start times absolutely cannot be changed was blown up.

Some days, the inclement weather is unavoidable. Other days, a late start time when rain is expected is incredibly annoying when the hours prior were bone dry.

Plus, let’s not all act like rain hasn’t been in the forecast for over a week. This weather has been expected and there was zero effort to mitigate it’s effects on the race. I think all fans are asking for is noticeable action to give fans a show. Everyone understands mother nature can’t be defeated, but sometimes she can be out maneuvered.

If I remember correctly, there was a race last season that was moved up a few hours. So the theory that start times absolutely cannot be changed was blown up.

Some days, the inclement weather is unavoidable. Other days, a late start time when rain is expected is incredibly annoying when the hours prior was bone dry.

I think it normally is only an hour or so. Not sure. But yeah I do agree they could’ve moved it up a little bit for sure.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Chris Myers at a race unless my memory is letting me down here
Last race was a year ago for the 500 , but it sounds like he is returning this year for all of the FOX races.

Ive never understood delaying start times for the west coast. One of the things that got me into soccer 15 years ago is the european games start in the morning and youre freed up for the afternoon. Id love to turn on a race at 9 am and be done by 12 or 1

I'm not sure if a race was moved up a few hours? Maybe an hour? I'll have research that because i'm interested in NASCAR vs golf programming flexibility relative to weather. I know NASCAR was granted "some" lee-way in terms of weather but I thought it was fairly minimal in the grand scheme of things.

Ive never understood delaying start times for the west coast. One of the things that got me into soccer 15 years ago is the european games start in the morning and youre freed up for the afternoon. Id love to turn on a race at 9 am and be done by 12 or 1
What’s the best time to start races?

I love the summer F1 schedule (mostly European countries) because the majority of the races start in the 7-9 am window in the East Coast. Great way to start a Sunday!

Now, many were clowning Stenhouse, Jones, and Blaney for their mullets.

Bobby needs to get rid of that squirrel tail.

Well off to video game and start making dinner for my wife. I’ll monitor Twitter to see when they get back racing

E19F7D75-1FC9-476B-B10E-E7135E515BE2.jpeg

This is becoming the norm.

But we gotta make sure the five fans in California can watch.
I wish they started at 6.00 am eastern time. There isn't anything good on tv at 3.00 am pacific time to watch while I'm waiting for the races to start. If they did start earlier I wouldn't have to miss racing slot cars on NASCAR Sundays. No slot car racing no payday for me. Oh well, I can't expect everything in life to be catered to my needs. Now for the rest of this race my attention will be on Larson, Elliott, and Bubba.

Back
Top Bottom