Daytona 500 RACE thread ! !

I never thought I'd see the day when the Daytona 500 got pushed to cable ... especially to a low-rated channel like FS1.

"Cherries What?"

saban_half (1).jpg

During the F1 season 5:00 in the morning is fine with me. I haven't missed a race because of the start time. If you are a race fan, it doesn't matter when it starts, or finishes.
Yep, if anyone ever checked my post content on a NASCAR Sunday they would see I'm usually on here starting around 3.00 or 4.00 am. It's NASCAR Sunday I don't see how any NASCAR fan could sleep in. :)

If I wanted an overpriced burger, I'll just go to Five Guys.

Not sure about elsewhere, but here in Fort Worth, In-n-Out is significantly less expensive than Five Guys. (Basically, $4 vs $10 for a burger).

And, the former comes in "animal style." I'll take the former over the latter.

Is it a change in the climate cycle? Seems like in the last 10 years the Daytona 500 has had more weather issues than it had had for decades prior.

Not sure about elsewhere, but here in Fort Worth, In-n-Out is significantly less expensive than Five Guys. (Basically, $4 vs $10 for a burger).

And, the former comes in "animal style." I'll take the former over the latter.
We hit the InO across the street from the Summit warehouse a little too often.....

I went to In and Out in Vegas. Waited a half hour just because I wanted to see what the hype was about. I mean, the burgers are good, but not amazing.

All this talking about IN-n-Out has decided for me that I am going to have that for lunch sometime this week ;)

Is it a change in the climate cycle? Seems like in the last 10 years the Daytona 500 has had more weather issues than it had had for decades prior.
No. It used to start earlier in the day. Now they wait till the time it rains every day in Florida to start.

All this talking about IN-n-Out has decided for me that I am going to have that for lunch sometime this week ;)
Heck, I stalked my fridge with good food that would be quick to fix during this race and now they have me ready to say screw that and just go get a Double Double, fries, and an extra large coke. Criticism like I'm reading in this thread is exactly why I never put very much stake in what people say here and always find out for myself.:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom