Daytona 500 RACE thread ! !

Uh oh. There's another band of rain headed for the track. It could last about 15 minutes, and could undo a lot of progress in drying the track.

2021-02 Daytona 2.gif

Drivers called to their cars! It’s almost time boys and girls!

I’ve been saying for years that there should be sections of tarps behind the walls that can be rolled over and hooked to popup hooks on the apron. It obviously doesnt stop the rain or prevent the track from getting wet but it would make drying faster.

Just thinking of ways to be proactive instead of reactive.

Sell ad spaces on the tarps and it would be a hit.

“Roll out the Rain-x Track Tarps”
I don’t hate it but I remember it being debunked for some reason

Uh oh. There's another band of rain headed for the track. It could last about 15 minutes, and could undo a lot of progress in drying the track.

View attachment 54075
I just checked my radar app and it looks like it’s going north of the track and that entire line has been consistently dissipating.

Be aware that radar only shows rain that is actively falling, it doesn't show weather formations that could be rain or likely to be rain. Those can form at any time.

I forgot about the 6 minute rule to get these cars back up to speed once the race restarts for those damaged.

Clint Bowyer’s first real day on the job and he’s already put in hours of overtime.

That 21 is FUBAR.
Im.sure its been asked already But......whats the penalty for working on a car during the red flag? If its still something like dropping to the rear or penalized a lap why not do it and fix the car.

I just checked my radar app and it looks like it’s going north of the track and that entire line has been consistently dissipating.

Be aware that radar only shows rain that is actively falling, it doesn't show weather formations that could be rain or likely to be rain. Those can form at any time.

Yep. It appears Daytona may be spared from another round of rain. Hopefully, there won't be any unexpected rain formations.

2021-02 Daytona 3.gif

I wonder how many have been waiting for the start of the race and now their wife or girlfriend wants them to take them to a Valentine's dinner...or hell is to pay. :)

Back
Top Bottom