Clint Bowyer
Alex Bowman
Denny Hamlin
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Paul Menard
Jeff Gordon
Joey Logano

16 cars

Thanks! You would think out of the 16 left that the 41,88,15 are in good shape to win this? It's just so unpredictable there..

another good wreck and Danica got a shot at top 10

JR is in good shape to win this, although my bet is on Alex Bowman..:D

ARCA is getting ready to come on CBS Sports network from Winchester live. I wouldn't get that excited for an ARCA race, but Winchester is one cool track.

Areal crash fest, good for highlight reels I guess.
image.jpg

Get infront of him :idunno:
He was moving forward when the 22 started coming apart in front of him so Eddie, his spotter, told him to fall back and dodge the stuff falling off of the 22 so that's what he did then the caution came out. That's one of the things I like about raceview, you get a lot of extra information.

With a forecast from the National Weather Service calling for the likelihood of rain until about 8 pm ET and the race past halfway - a day after it was scheduled to run - it tipped the scales for NASCAR to call the race.

“We’ve seen this weather pattern and felt it was the best interest of fans getting done and getting home,’’ said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. “We put on 2 1/2 hours of solid racing. When you looked at what was in front of us weather-wise, we felt it was best for all concerned that the race was completed.’’

-------------
Pemberton said an issue was that was so much rain in Turn 3 that water was trapped behind the SAFER barrier and coming down on the track. That could have delayed a restart if the rest of the track was dry.

The later the rain persisted, the longer it would have been to dry the track because it would not have been aided by the sun.

Had the rain not stopped until about 8 pm ET, it likely would have taken at least two hours to dry the track. Thus, the race might not have restarted until after 10 pm in that scenario.

That creates a delicate balance for officials on what is best for competitors, fans, and those working at the track.

“You’re always at the mercy of the weather,’’ Pemberton said.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...07/NASCAR-Explains-Decision-To-Call-Race.aspx

He was moving forward when the 22 started coming apart in front of him so Eddie, his spotter, told him to fall back and dodge the stuff falling off of the 22 so that's what he did then the caution came out. That's one of the things I like about raceview, you get a lot of extra information.

Jeff also mentioned that the 22 was fast on the straights due to having no rear bumper cover.

Back
Top Bottom