Daytona RACE thread

When Jr drove they drove through the lightening lmao

Kurt may have truly cashed in all his Daytona karma when he won the 500 with a wrecked car and the two leaders in front of him running out of fuel.

Race control says the rain has picked up on the backstretch. They are telling the jet dryers to fire up and work on the track between the backstretch and pit entrance.

Race control says the rain has picked up on the backstretch. They are telling the jet dryers to fire up and work on the track between the backstretch and pit entrance.
Meanwhile crew members are playing football on pit road. (I know, I know. HUGE track and all, but still.)

Radar update: it appears a new storm is developing just east of the track, and it's growing to the point it appears it will envelop the track.

Meanwhile crew members are playing football on pit road. (I know, I know. HUGE track and all, but still.)
Yeah, the track is so big it the weather can and is often different all around the track, kind of neat actually if you think about it.

Yep. Was raining up the road as I was leaving. Knew it wouldn't be long.

NASCAR is doing everything they can to get this race in. Almost like they know Justin Haley being gifted this win would be the biggest BS win in a generation.

NASCAR is doing everything they can to get this race in. Almost like they know Justin Haley being gifted this win would be the biggest BS win in a generation.
Yep.

Funny how the narrative changed from "when the rains come, it's over" to "just a small shower, nothing major" after Justin Haley took the lead.

If Haley gets this win.......more folks will leave the NASCAR fandom.
Would be sad to see. Sure hope it doesn't happen.

Yep.

Funny how the narrative changed from "when the rains come, it's over" to "just a small shower, nothing major" after Justin Haley took the lead.

I'd love to see a small team like Spire win a race, even if it's because of rain, but not this way, not how this played out.

Justin Haley winning is a death sentence for the sport? Not the playoffs or slot car racing package? Where do people come up with this stuff?

That's not what Hudsonfan said. He said this would drive more fans away from the sport, and he's right. There have been fluke wins before, and people have lucked into wins because of rain.

The circumstances here are completely different though.

Everybody whining because we might have a surprise winner at a form of racing that’s a gimmicky crap shoot anyway, please eat a anus

I’m laughing as they are acting as if NASCAR knew it was about to be lightning in the 8 mile area.

Which isn’t even a NASCAR rule it’s a rule for all sports.

Back
Top Bottom