Daytona RACE thread

Sorry Richard Petty, most modern/new fans don't care for this

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nobody said it was a death sentence.
But if you don't think some fans won't be upset enough to stop following...
then you are entitled to your opinion but do not take away mine.

That's not what Hudsonfan said. He said this would drive more fans away from the sport, and he's right. There have been fluke wins before, and people have lucked into wins because of rain.

The circumstances here are completely different though.

So they’ll come roaring back if it goes green and Jimmie Johnson wins?

Nobody said it was a death sentence.
But if you don't think some fans won't be upset enough to stop following...
then you are entitled to your opinion but do not take away mine.

Sure but we can call it dumb.

That's not what Hudsonfan said. He said this would drive more fans away from the sport, and he's right. There have been fluke wins before, and people have lucked into wins because of rain.

The circumstances here are completely different though.
that's why I don't like fuel mileage races, they come out of the woodwork when that happens

Weel ya can't fix stupid and drama wins out, the more ridiculous the better these days. Years ago ya didn't have to put up with it. Progress eh?

The same people who hate fluke winners bitch and moan when the usual suspects dominate every other race. I don’t know what the **** people want.

I’m gonna laugh when Kyle Busch wins with no hood.

In fairness Byron needs to reach out to Brad a little more. Let him borrow the famous Daytona software he learnt to race with...

I feel like anyone else was in the lead, we’d be watching the 3rd rerun of this past weeks ‘songland’ right now...haha

LOL oh yeah, some Milli Vanilli going to break, Blame It On The Rain

The same people who hate fluke winners bitch and moan when the usual suspects dominate every other race. I don’t know what the **** people want.

This is different. You know it, I know it, NASCAR knows it.

Numerous times in the past, we've seen NASCAR call it within this window. Aric Almirola's win in 2014 comes to mind. NASCAR knows they have to make every attempt to get this one going.

We could still end up with a first time winner. A lot of wild card drivers in this mix.

I feel like anyone else was in the lead, we’d be watching the 3rd rerun of this past weeks ‘songland’ right now...haha

Depends on who still I say.

Chase, even as a fan oh hell yeah it be over. Probably Bubba also. I don’t think it would if it was like JJ Yeley.

But I bet there would be some idiots who would start comparing this to Wendell Scott's victory

Bubba's worked his ass off to get here and a win would be hard earned. Just like Wendell Scott. Wendell Scott worked harder than most racers could dream of.

This is different. You know it, I know it, NASCAR knows it.

Numerous times in the past, we've seen NASCAR call it within this window. Aric Almirola's win in 2014 comes to mind. NASCAR knows they have to make every attempt to get this one going.

We could still end up with a first time winner. A lot of wild card drivers in this mix.

I’m not arguing NASCAR’s inconsistency and shotty decision making. The proof is in the pudding there.

I’m just disputing that the few people who still watch this stuff are gonna turn in their fan cards because Spire Motorsports wins a race at Daytona.

I’m not arguing NASCAR’s inconsistency and shotty decision making. The proof is in the pudding there.

I’m just disputing that the few people who still watch this stuff are gonna turn in their fan cards because Spire Motorsports wins a race at Daytona.

If Justin Haley and Spire Motorsports end up winning this race after they go green, I'm fine. Even if they only get one lap in.

yep most of em haven't been around racing long enough to know that's how it goes

Duuuuuude! Clock resets lmfao.

NASCAR should revise this policy for FL weather.

Back
Top Bottom