Deegan update

Last night she tried her best to tear up Parker Kligerman's equipment... :mad:

Deegan needs to be faster. P17 in points in a race series where only 18 drivers have entered all the races... does not impress. Average finish 20.5... ditto. A gap of ~0.75 seconds per lap on tracks with ~30 second lap time is a problem that compounds as you move up from trucks to something more competitive. Just my opinion.
I bet she will be back next year in the trucks

C3CB294B-4871-4A01-8792-3FC2014D4E4A.png

Deegan running 17th her rookie year is more than satisfactory.
She has 318 thousand subscribers on Youtube compared for example to 210 thousand for Jr's Dirty Mo podcast

In a series where expecting wins and top-5s from a rookie is not an unrealistic expectation.

I didn't have high expectations for her this year myself and I expected a few top-10s, maybe a top-5 or two.

Deegan running 17th her rookie year is more than satisfactory.
She has 318 thousand subscribers on Youtube compared for example to 210 thousand for Jr's Dirty Mo podcast
I don't understand the YouTube reference. Am I missing something?

I don't understand the YouTube reference. Am I missing something?
She has more followers (popularity) as a first year truck driver than a famous named cup driver who was voted most popular driver for what? 13 years. The majority of her followers are in the 18 to 35 age group. So people can rail on her performance forever if they choose, but as long as she is a sponsors darling and she does decently, she ain't going anywhere.

She has more followers (popularity) as a first year truck driver than a famous named cup driver who was voted most popular driver for what? 13 years. The majority of her followers are in the 18 to 35 age group. So people can rail on her performance forever if they choose, but as long as she is a sponsors darling and she does decently, she ain't going anywhere.

you are forgetting, IF SHE WANTS TO STAY. I was watching one of her vlog recaps of a race and she commented to the videographer - Chase - Her boyfriend - "see? I Dont suck!"

This young woman wants to succeed. IMHO only, she wont stay just to be lady in a mans world even if sponsors want her to.

you are forgetting, IF SHE WANTS TO STAY. I was watching one of her vlog recaps of a race and she commented to the videographer - Chase - Her boyfriend - "see? I Dont suck!"

This young woman wants to succeed. IMHO only, she wont stay just to be lady in a mans world even if sponsors want her to.
I'm not forgetting Dr. Phil, I haven't given it a thought. You live on a different wave length that I do. Makes the world go around and all that.

I have the guy you replied to on ignore, but to counter his point...we ARE in a time where social media has more influence on sponsorship than winning. It's just how the world works now. Like it or not.

Oh that's true for sure to an extent. I just was pointing out that Dale Jr isn't as bad as he is trying to make him out to be.

But knowing him, he will not care about those stats because it's not Cup, but then go crazy about Kyle Busch numbers in the lower series lol.

I have the guy you replied to on ignore, but to counter his point...we ARE in a time where social media has more influence on sponsorship than winning. It's just how the world works now. Like it or not.
yep. many examples of that and it has been that way for years, and it isn't going to change. That is my point She is a popular driver in the "right" age group. Clint kept good sponsorship for years because of his personality and he landed a fine job afterwards because of it. Burton Gerbil had Cat for years as a sponsor. Somehow Cat liked him and I guess he was popular

Oh that's true for sure to an extent. I just was pointing out that Dale Jr isn't as bad as he is trying to make him out to be.

But knowing him, he will not care about those stats because it's not Cup, but then go crazy about Kyle Busch numbers in the lower series lol.
Bud I don't know where you came up with bad out of what I wrote...let me try this different. Quoting all of his record, his long career and above all his popularity, Hailie Deegan in her almost first year in the trucks is more popular that he is on Youtube. That ISN'T a slam on JR, what it DOES show is that Hailie is a popular driver with the younger crowd. Sponsors look at that. It's reality

Bud I don't know where you came up with bad out of what I wrote...let me try this different. Quoting all of his record, his long career and above all his popularity, Hailie Deegan in her almost first year in the trucks is more popular that he is on Youtube. That ISN'T a slam on JR, what it DOES show is that Hailie is a popular driver with the younger crowd. Sponsors look at that. It's reality
I was talking to Bobby….

Yeah I wasn't picking on JR at all. He was the best example of the power of popularity that came to mind.
Oh 100%. I’ll admit his popularity surely helped him, won’t ever deny it. But he still had some talent IMO to go along with it. A last name and being popular only gets you so far.

Oh 100%. I’ll admit his popularity surely helped him, won’t ever deny it. But he still had some talent IMO to go along with it. A last name and being popular only gets you so far.
Well here is an example, I never saw a quarter of the stands empty out when Gordon or Johnson wrecked out. And I bet JR was paid more than both of them also, because Hendrick got more from sponsors and merch.

I refer to Kyle’s cup wins when I want to emphasize his impact on the sport.
But you’re the same guy in the threads when he wins in the lower series talking about how good he is and yada yada yada. So I’m just doing what Kyle fans love to do. Even still 26 cup wins is more than plenty of people.

But you’re the same guy in the threads when he wins in the lower series talking about how good he is and yada yada yada. So I’m just doing what Kyle fans love to do. Even still 26 cup wins is more than plenty of people.
Well, yeah I comment on how good he is. Winningest current Cup driver.
It’s ok if we each like a different driver.

Well, yeah I comment on how good he is. Winningest current Cup driver.
It’s ok if we each like a different driver.
You probably only like him because he’s a winner tho.

I also never said we had to like the same one. But Jr has more wins than a lot of drivers. In fact if you look at the list, they are less drivers ahead of him than under him. 197 people have won a race in Cup. He’s 32nd on that list. Then if you count the people who never even won, the list grows even bigger. So not a bad driver by any means. 2 time Daytona 500 Champion as well.

You probably only like him because he’s a winner tho.

I also never said we had to like the same one. But Jr has more wins than a lot of drivers. In fact if you look at the list, they are less drivers ahead of him than under him. 197 people have won a race in Cup. He’s 32nd on that list. Then if you count the people who never even won, the list grows even bigger. So not a bad driver by any means. 2 time Daytona 500 Champion as well.
I have liked Kyle Busch since he drove a truck for Jack Roush. I liked Kyle Busch when the drove the 5 bowtie. I like Kyle Busch for what he does in a racecar, always have.
He shows up every race and tries to win, no matter what he’s driving.
Crazy skills, too.

I have liked Kyle Busch since he drove a truck for Jack Roush. I liked Kyle Busch when the drove the 5 bowtie. I like Kyle Busch for what he does in a racecar, always have.
He shows up every race and tries to win, no matter what he’s driving.
Crazy skills, too.
Well good good, you just always came off as someone who only likes him cause he wins. So I do apologize.

doesn’t change the rest of what I said

Back
Top Bottom