Deegan update

I didn't realize she had electrical problems. That is another reason I enjoy her videos, because you can get info about the race that you may not have gotten otherwise.
Yeah I knew they had a long pit stop and the speeding, but the other about the electrical gremlins and the pit stop penalty. Rough night.

I’ve been rooting for Deegan for years now and the piling on that goes on here is absurd. But I’m going to say this 2+ year experience in trucks seems like it isn’t working. I have read all the opinions why but it’s clear she’s not a good fit in this circuit and another year seems like it will regress rather than advance her. Not like she can be in even better equipment.

I get the not promoting her to Xfinity based on her record. But she does have some skill and it may be shown there better. Or not. But I’d give it a year and see. That or let her go back to ARCA and find her focus or inner tiger or whatever it was that she seemed to have before. And while we are at it let’s get Toni Breidenger into a full time ride.

Either way I’m thinking trucks are not the one path to driver development. Certainly something about it isn’t clicking for Deegan despite her videos. I want to see her succeed and I really think NASCAR needs to have more competitive women drivers at all levels. But Deegan at this specific level doesn’t seem like the answer.

If she proves me wrong in the next few weeks I’ll celebrate it.

I think you nailed it. Watching her videos she seems to have become complacent about running 20th or wrecking. In that matter I think her social videos are doing her a disservice.
Yeah, I think she should return the money.

last nite she went into the pit with the 88 and came out 7or8 spots behind him.this cant help.she did stay on the lead lap all nite,so theres that.

last nite she went into the pit with the 88 and came out 7or8 spots behind him.this cant help.she did stay on the lead lap all nite,so theres that.

Here's my thing: Staying on the lead lap should not be the bar for a third-year driver who is competing for the best team in the series.

There are very mediocre drivers, drivers I thought had less skill than her, with significantly less experience than her outrunning her now.

But 56 pages, or something.

As for the pit stops thing: She is no longer Thorsport's top priority. Not this year anyway. They're not gonna sacrifice their playoff drivers to ensure she gets the finishes she's proven incapable of getting.

I don't take up two-thirds of this thread.
I'll take up some more.

1694876493825.png

I'll take up some more.

View attachment 72830

Those comments will her on to 20th place speed in a winning capable truck. You have no argument for her performance so you just keep saying how many fans she has. The train finally derailed for Danica and it will for Deegan too. She’s done nothing since smashing her way to those couple K&N wins.

I wanted Deegan to do well, as I did Danica who I was ride or die with because I believed she had the talent but reality has set in and you look at 66 starts and only 4 top 10's for Hailie driving for the 2 best teams in the garage and the writing is on the wall for her career the rest of the way and she will only be racing if she brings money, when that dries up she will be gone.

Those comments will her on to 20th place speed in a winning capable truck. You have no argument for her performance so you just keep saying how many fans she has. The train finally derailed for Danica and it will for Deegan too. She’s done nothing since smashing her way to those couple K&N wins.
You have mistaken me for someone who gives a $hit. I would suggest you find a driver who wins all the time to stroke your precious ego and move on to another thread. Tell ya what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep following and posting Hailie's efforts.

I wanted Deegan to do well, as I did Danica who I was ride or die with because I believed she had the talent but reality has set in and you look at 66 starts and only 4 top 10's for Hailie driving for the 2 best teams in the garage and the writing is on the wall for her career the rest of the way and she will only be racing if she brings money, when that dries up she will be gone.
Yea, same here. It's too bad it didn't work out, because if she did well it would have given me a reason to get back into the habit of watching races. Now that being said, there are people here that are way too happy that she isn't going to make it.

Yea, same here. It's too bad it didn't work out, because if she did well it would have given me a reason to get back into the habit of watching races. Now that being said, there are people here that are way too happy that she isn't going to make it.
I honestly don’t think anyone’s “happy” she isn’t making it. I want her to make it. There are just some people that think she’s doing great at being a racecar driver because she has millions of followers and 50 some pages of discussion, and that’s not the case.

Read post 2193, that will help
"read post 2193"

Lol I'm not going to go scroll through this thread. Someone can answer my question, or not.

But she had a solid run at Bristol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’ve been rooting for Deegan for years now and the piling on that goes on here is absurd. But I’m going to say this 2+ year experience in trucks seems like it isn’t working. I have read all the opinions why but it’s clear she’s not a good fit in this circuit and another year seems like it will regress rather than advance her. Not like she can be in even better equipment.

I get the not promoting her to Xfinity based on her record. But she does have some skill and it may be shown there better. Or not. But I’d give it a year and see. That or let her go back to ARCA and find her focus or inner tiger or whatever it was that she seemed to have before. And while we are at it let’s get Toni Breidenger into a full time ride.

Either way I’m thinking trucks are not the one path to driver development. Certainly something about it isn’t clicking for Deegan despite her videos. I want to see her succeed and I really think NASCAR needs to have more competitive women drivers at all levels. But Deegan at this specific level doesn’t seem like the answer.

If she proves me wrong in the next few weeks I’ll celebrate it.
This wins the thread.

I honestly don’t think anyone’s “happy” she isn’t making it. I want her to make it. There are just some people that think she’s doing great at being a racecar driver because she has millions of followers and 50 some pages of discussion, and that’s not the case.
People like yourself twist, turn and exaggerate what people say to fit your stories IMO. The reality is she drives a race car and has a large media following. Your opinion is what it is and who really cares. I sure don't, I'm going to continue to be a fan and post her journey and I could care less if you or anybody else blows out a vein because of it.

I’ve been rooting for Deegan for years now and the piling on that goes on here is absurd.

The "piling on" happens because one poster bumps this thread every time Hailie Deegan posts a video or tweets something, and then wants to argue with everyone - even when those people are agreeing with him. If this thread died the death it deserves, she wouldn't be an afterthought.

It's more like piling on SOI.

Most of us have offered constructive criticism of Hailie Deegan. I've even said she should be moved up in spite of her lack of progress in Trucks because she isn't learning anything there at this point.

The "piling on" happens because one poster bumps this thread every time Hailie Deegan posts a video or tweets something, and then wants to argue with everyone - even when those people are agreeing with him. If this thread died the death it deserves, she wouldn't be an afterthought.

It's more like piling on SOI.

Most of us have offered constructive criticism of Hailie Deegan. I've even said she should be moved up in spite of her lack of progress in Trucks because she isn't learning anything there at this point.
Lol. What your problem is? Nobody agrees with ya bud. You have been all over the place and absolutely none of it has made any difference to the price of beans in China. You aren't any "expert" . I'm a fan and I will continue to post her stuff and follow her career. You aren't a fan bud. You aren't fooling anybody.

Once again, I have to disagree. I think herself and the hype around her rubs some people wrong, and they are reveling in her failures. I would like to see her succeed, but If she does, I don't think it will be in the Truck Series. If she has a future as a race car driver, she needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Once again, I have to disagree. I think herself and the hype around her rubs some people wrong, and they are reveling in her failures. I would like to see her succeed, but If she does, I don't think it will be in the Truck Series. If she has a future as a race car driver, she needs a fresh start somewhere else.
She had a promising Xfinity debut. I’d like to see her get a 6 race schedule or something to see if that was a fluke or if she could really do something in that series.

I think if Hailie started running well in NASCAR, she’d gain a lot more followers. I don’t think anyone wants to see her fail.
I think it would be cool to see a cute girl go fast in a race car. I’m just not seeing it.
I’m not interested in her social media presence.

Chill lol

Also, Playboy? 2023? That still exists?

Lolll no idea tbh. I bet it would be a hell of a colorful pink car though. Would def stand out around Bristol. :rolleyes: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :newbie:

Back
Top Bottom