Deegan update

If deegen doesnt start running up front soon every one will forget about her

They barley even talk about her during the race anymore

Does this also apply to women?
Yes. Johanna Long would be much better sticking around than some other drivers. I’ve always liked that Jennifer Jo Cobb takes her mediocre underfunded equipment to the track year after year as well.

Too much hype around Deegan. Wish they’d just let her settle into her ride without sponsor pressure. Oh and I still think Brian would setting a decent example trying to run a dirt race in a Truck.

Racing isnt a poor person’s sport. Every driver or team has to already be fairly well off to survive and succeed.
There are a few sports that enjoy extensive tax-payer support of the development ladder, but many others do not (including motorsports). But the popular narrative that only the rich can succeed in racing is not borne out by the facts. The racing landscape includes many compelling bootstrap stories of success. Why pretend that it doesn't? You know better.

1 - Kurt Busch, blue collar family, no wealth.
2 - Brad K, blue collar family, no wealth, the family truck team was essentially defunct.
3 - Austin Dillon, spoon fed.
4 - Harvick, blue collar family, no wealth.
5 - Larson, blue collar family, no wealth.
6 - Newman, ??? (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
7 - LaJoie, son of a racer but not a wealthy one.
8 - Reddick, spoon fed.
9 - Elliott, spoon fed.
10 - Almirola, military family, no wealth.
11 - Hamlin, blue collar family, no wealth.
12 - Blaney, son of a racer but not a wealthy one.
13 - Inactive number.
14 - Briscoe, ??? (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
15 - Rick Ware car.
16 - Inactive (part-time) car.
17 - Buescher, ??? (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
18 - Kyle Busch, blue collar family, no wealth.
19 - Truex, commercial fishing family, ???
20 - Bell, (no wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
21 - DiBenedetto, (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
22 - Logano, spoon fed at the local level, maybe Gibbs Xfinity ride??
23 - Wallace, I think Daddy had budget for Legends car.
24 - Byron, spoon fed. (Did he ever clean Miss Becki's pool?)
37 - Preece, (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
41 - Custer, spoon fed.
42 - Chastain, family money to pay for a season in truck series.
43 - Jones, no wealth, Daddy sold his Corvette to fund low-budget late model racing.
99 - Suarez, blue collar family, no wealth, Daddy sold his auto repair shop to fund local racing in Mexico.

There are a few sports that enjoy extensive tax-payer support of the development ladder, but many others do not (including motorsports). But the popular narrative that only the rich can succeed in racing is not borne out by the facts. The racing landscape includes many compelling bootstrap stories of success. Why pretend that it doesn't? You know better.

1 - Kurt Busch, blue collar family, no wealth.
2 - Brad K, blue collar family, no wealth, the family truck team was essentially defunct.
3 - Austin Dillon, spoon fed.
4 - Harvick, blue collar family, no wealth.
5 - Larson, blue collar family, no wealth.
6 - Newman, ??? (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
7 - LaJoie, son of a racer but not a wealthy one.
8 - Reddick, spoon fed.
9 - Elliott, spoon fed.
10 - Almirola, military family, no wealth.
11 - Hamlin, blue collar family, no wealth.
12 - Blaney, son of a racer but not a wealthy one.
13 - Inactive number.
14 - Briscoe, ??? (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
15 - Rick Ware car.
16 - Inactive (part-time) car.
17 - Buescher, ??? (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
18 - Kyle Busch, blue collar family, no wealth.
19 - Truex, commercial fishing family, ???
20 - Bell, (no wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
21 - DiBenedetto, (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
22 - Logano, spoon fed at the local level, maybe Gibbs Xfinity ride??
23 - Wallace, I think Daddy had budget for Legends car.
24 - Byron, spoon fed. (Did he ever clean Miss Becki's pool?)
37 - Preece, (No wealth I'm aware of, but not sure.)
41 - Custer, spoon fed.
42 - Chastain, family money to pay for a season in truck series.
43 - Jones, no wealth, Daddy sold his Corvette to fund low-budget late model racing.
99 - Suarez, blue collar family, no wealth, Daddy sold his auto repair shop to fund local racing in Mexico.
Blaney and Brad seem a little better off than you indicate, along with Lajoie. Some of the others are good points.

Not impressed with these kids coming up. I actually wish they’d rush up Ty Gibbs like Joey Logano to see what he’s got. Would rather watch Bret Holmes or Josh Berry.

Blaney and Brad seem a little better off than you indicate, along with Lajoie. Some of the others are good points.

Not impressed with these kids coming up. Would rather watch Bret Holmes or Josh Berry.
How many races do drivers get before their suck is determined? Does the team have any responsibility or is it 100% on the drivers?

How many races do drivers get before their suck is determined? Does the team have any responsibility or is it 100% on the drivers?

Huh?

It’s like 60-80% car/team and 40-20% driver these days. Give the horsepower back.

You have repeatedly stated you don't believe Deegan deserves to be racing at any Nascar level. Explain your requirements.

Where did I state that. I said she isn’t performing up to the hype.

Ironically the girl that didn’t get any hype performed up to par.

Define hype? You mean her YouTube channel? Her factory sponsorship? Define what bothers you. I'm serious cause NOBODY race top 3 series without sponsorship. Maybe THAT is what you are mad about?
You still haven’t found the quote or statement where I said she doesn’t deserve to race at the NASCAR level.

Short course racing is the ****

You have repeatedly stated you don't believe Deegan deserves to be racing at any Nascar level. Explain your requirements.
I can explain mine. You have to pass the Nascar driving test and have enough money hook or crook to race in the race and maintain minimum speed. Those are the universal Nascar requirements. Now the R-F requirements?? mostly insane hogwash that require the Team Owners to do what the R-F experts require and have the driver win every week. Constantly reminding the R-F experts that it takes happy, free spending sponsors for longevity (ROI) in the sport unless you are but a small handful of drivers driving for the huge teams that they always point to is out of their box of space and time.

Last edited:
Define hype? You mean her YouTube channel? Her factory sponsorship? Define what bothers you. I'm serious cause NOBODY race top 3 series without sponsorship. Maybe THAT is what you are mad about?

What bothers me is Brian doesn’t wanna suit up and race a one off at Bristol, Eldora, Knoxville, hell even IRP.

Ever given any thought to how many head dingers Brian has had? My guess is he knows one good shot to the melon would be his last.

Well luckily those are very low speed tracks. Very argumentive because I think Hailie should worry about winning up the latter lol.

I wish Johanna Long had this support.

I can explain mine. You have to pass the Nascar driving test and have enough money hook or crook to race in the race and maintain minimum speed. Those are the universal Nascar requirements. Now the R-F requirements?? mostly insane hogwash that require the Team Owners to do what the R-F experts require and have the driver win every week. Constantly reminding the R-F experts that it takes happy, free spending sponsors for longevity (ROI) in the sport unless you are but a small handful of drivers driving for the huge teams that they always point to is out of their box of space and time.

Well for starters the R-F experts are the ones who spend their hard earned money at the track. I guess they can keep catering to the rich with no problem.

And she wasn't able to stick around because she couldn't attract enough sponsorship. Granted, it was a different world back then, but if she had approached it the way Deegan has, maybe she would have made it. Personally, I was very much rooting for her. I had friends at ML Motorsports and wanted her AND the team to succeed. All I can tell you is that being fixated on whatever advantages others have, real or perceived is a loser's strategy. You can wish things were different all you want, but at the end of the day you have to do what you have to do to make it happen. What Deegan is doing is assuring that she will actually GET the opportunity to prove she can drive at this level. She may succeed, she may fail, but she going to get her shot, and you can't fault her for that.

And she wasn't able to stick around because she couldn't attract enough sponsorship. Granted, it was a different world back then, but if she had approached it the way Deegan has, maybe she would have made it. Personally, I was very much rooting for her. I had friends at ML Motorsports and wanted her AND the team to succeed. All I can tell you is that being fixated on whatever advantages others have, real or perceived is a loser's strategy. You can wish things were different all you want, but at the end of the day you have to do what you have to do to make it happen. What Deegan is doing is assuring that she will actually GET the opportunity to prove she can drive at this level. She may succeed, she may fail, but she going to get her shot, and you can't fault her for that.
Pushrod length be damned.

Ms. Hendrick was out there before safety seats, Hans devices and arm restraints.

Just realized creed and Deegan raced off road trucks together. He was 13 she 8

Who is the girl that performed up to par? Sorry, little lost here....?

Johanna Robbins (Long).

There are quite a few talented ladies who got passed over because the marketing big brains put all their stock in Natalie and Hailie.
Oh yeah! I remember hype around her. She won a bit too didn't she. Never got a fair chance?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone else notice the girls the sponsors lineup behind are not very hard to look at? And not saying that Long is but just IMO not quite like Decker/Deegan. So sadly, ladies have something else to overcome besides talent. Something they have even less control over.

Back
Top Bottom