Deegan update

17th points. Only two drivers who ran every race finished behind her in points, one has a win and the other has a top five. She and Austin Wayne Self are the only drivers in the top-20 to not lead a lap either.

If she wasn't "the best female driver in NASCAR history" (nope), we'd be calling these stats atrocious.

But Instagram followers and sports bra pictures or something.............

17th points. Only two drivers who ran every race finished behind her in points, one has a win and the other has a top five. She and Austin Wayne Self are the only drivers in the top-20 to not lead a lap either.

If she wasn't "the best female driver in NASCAR history" (nope), we'd be calling these stats atrocious.

But Instagram followers and sports bra pictures or something.............
I love posting these just to watch you do your best that you can do :biggrin: Highest finish of a female in all three series except a restrictor plate race. ;)

Johanna Robbins (Long).

There are quite a few talented ladies who got passed over because the marketing big brains put all their stock in Natalie and Hailie.

Johanna was straight out running Danica in the Xfinity Series in far lesser equipment. Imagine if JGR or Penske had given her a couple of opportunities in good equipment.

They belong in the kitchen, amiright?
They pull $hit from everywhere. it doesn't matter. She is the only driver in all of the series that gives a behind the scenes look at Nascar racing, the only one who is doing it. The videography is really good and it is entertainment to me. The whiners never comment about any of the content which leads me to believe they aren't even whatching it, just popping off on whatever they can come up with. In this case she was running well until her pit crew decided to take a lunch break with the left front.

I love posting these just to watch you do your best that you can do :biggrin: Highest finish of a female in all three series except a restrictor plate race. ;)

False.

Danica Patrick finished seventh twice in the NASCAR Cup Series (Kansas and Martinsville, not plate races) and sixth in a race at Atlanta (not a plate race) and fourth in an Xfinity race at Vegas (not a plate race).

False.

Danica Patrick finished seventh twice in the NASCAR Cup Series (Kansas and Martinsville, not plate races) and sixth in a race at Atlanta (not a plate race) and fourth in an Xfinity race at Vegas (not a plate race).
Close. Thank you for your participation ;)
First-year NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Hailie Deegan turned in a strong performance on Friday, Aug. 20, at Gateway Motorsports Park. She finished seventh overall during a race defined by a power outage and a large wreck, making history in the process. Deegan became the first woman in NASCAR to lock up a top-10 finish in the Truck Series outside of Daytona International Speedway.

Johanna Long, Brittney Zamora, Annabeth Barnes-Crum, Kaylee Bryson, Kenzie Ruston-Hemric, Kate Dallenbach, Whitney Meggs, Katie Hettinger, Isabella Robusto, Brooke Storer, McKenna Haase ... want me to keep going????????
Sure bud give it hell, pull it out of your drivers who have to be better than Hailie notebook, right behind the dartboard with her picture on it

Sure bud give it hell

I've made my point.

Accusing me of being a misogynist because I don't think Hailie Deegan is the answer is intellectually illiterate. Being better than Natalie Decker and Jennifer Jo Cobb doesn't make her good. I don't want someone to come in and be "the best female racer in NASCAR history," I want a young woman to come in and win races and kick ass.

I've made my point.

Accusing me of being a misogynist because I don't think Hailie Deegan is the answer is intellectually illiterate. Being better than Natalie Decker and Jennifer Jo Cobb doesn't make her good. I don't want someone to come in and be "the best female racer in NASCAR history," I want a young woman to come in and win races and kick ass.
sounds like you have a persecution complex on top of an anger management issue. Hell I let ya list all of your got to be better than Halie's spitting fire and brimstone and name calling the whole time, ya know typical Andy stuff.

I've made my point.

She still has a chance to show that she has enough talent next year. If she doesn't, then at least she tired to work up to Cup the right way.

I am not at all enamored with the team she is racing for, but out of those she was the best of the bunch. DGR is mostly a lower series team, Arca etc.

I am not at all enamored with the team she is racing for, but out of those she was the best of the bunch. DGR is mostly a lower series team, Arca etc.

Well Ford doesn't put much into the lower series period. They have what 3 full time entries in the Xfinity and I'm guessing only 2 of those are getting factory support.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Johanna Long, Brittney Zamora, Annabeth Barnes-Crum, Kaylee Bryson, Kenzie Ruston-Hemric, Kate Dallenbach, Whitney Meggs, Katie Hettinger, Isabella Robusto, Brooke Storer, McKenna Haase ... want me to keep going????????

Zamora was/is decent but probably on Deegan’s level.

Kenzie Hemric was facing tougher drivers than what Hailie ever did in the West Series.

Hailie made a mistake ditching Toyota, IMO. People do forget that Ryan Preece won at Nashville lol.

I'm only 12 minutes into this, have to confess I'm NOT in their designated demographic, but I'm already fairly impressed with her speaking ability. Used to hearing all the fast-talking/chattering laughter which actually gets on my nerves.

Much like Larson, some of these people were raised in a bubble. I REALLY don't like the Deegan politics, but as long as they don't push it, I'll hold my nose and watch. Curious to see where this video goes.

OK. Here comes the Trump stuff. I would have thought her handlers would have told her to keep this stuff to herself.

Says lost 10K followers then gained 50K back.

OK. Here comes the Trump stuff. I would have thought her handlers would have told her to keep this stuff to herself.

Says lost 10K followers then gained 50K back.
I am not surprised but it's no big deal. I didn't listen to it all but the Trump part I heard was as least more along the lines of being excited about meeting him than actually stumping for him (But I did more of a scan, didn't listen to every word).

For disclosure I really don't have the patience to listen to hardly any driver for more than a few minutes. I have never been one to hang on to every word or one that would want to stand in line for an autograph. I just want to see them race and hear a few comments from them about what just happened on the track.
I am more interested in the personality of the driving style. I don't mean to be cynical but the long interviews just seem less spontaneous or more contrived for any driver, imo.

I would probably do the same if someone was spending millions to give me a chance to drive for them. I think it turns one into more of a spokesperson or even worse the longer the hot mic is on the cooler they try to be.

Micheal Waltrip is a good example, the dude was hilariously funny back in the nineties before he started commentating himself into a bore. There are very few people that can survive for 30 minutes or more on a hot mic without saying some dumb stuff.

I have always thought Waltrip was quick witted and he still is IMO. I think he tries too hard to bring excitement to the trucks broadcast, but come to think of it, he could be classified as a pre gerbil. A prototype of what NBC thinks the average fan should hear, they liked it so well they thought four of them would be better.

Zamora was/is decent but probably on Deegan’s level.

Kenzie Hemric was facing tougher drivers than what Hailie ever did in the West Series.

Hailie made a mistake ditching Toyota, IMO. People do forget that Ryan Preece won at Nashville lol.
Toyota had no room for Deegan and the hand writing was on the wall

If they are not prepping the track due to time restraint, then it sounds like they may need to put a cap on the number of entrees or add some more days to the event.
That's part of dirt racing. Real racers adjust.

Deegan was one of the slowest cars in practice and wasn't a factor.

That's part of dirt racing. Real racers adjust.

Deegan was one of the slowest cars in practice and wasn't a factor.
Adjusting, is what most racers do, and you know the best of the best will complain just as much as anyone "or at least you should" if the track isn't up to par. Deegan wasn't the one really complaining it was her boyfriend. She had a good attitude about it and said it is what it is. She stayed out of trouble and did all right for her first time...that's more than some others did. But I see she is still living rent free in your head. ;)

If they are not prepping the track due to time restraint, then it sounds like they may need to put a cap on the number of entrees or add some more days to the event.
I watched most of it. The track got worked hard after every class. In between times they watered down the upper and lower lanes according to what they thought would even them out. Sometimes the high line sometimes the low line sometimes both lanes. Most drivers had their cars setup to run the bottom and bang the curb. The last night with all of the final races, they had fewer cars and they did spend more time working the track. I think you will find that the low line will be the favorite during the chili bowl also.

Back
Top Bottom