Deegan update

They?

She had every opportunity to run more pro and super late model races when she was with TRD. In fact, they wanted her to.

I’m positive she could run a top tier Late Model Stock or Super Late Model if she wanted to and I doubt DGR would have a problem with it.

Easier to make vlogs and be a victim though. It’s the Gen-Z way.
I put that on Ford

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

They?

She had every opportunity to run more pro and super late model races when she was with TRD. In fact, they wanted her to.

I’m positive she could run a top tier Late Model Stock or Super Late Model if she wanted to and I doubt DGR would have a problem with it.

Easier to make vlogs and be a victim though. It’s the Gen-Z way.
B.S. She left because she didn't have any opportunities. Nobody is stupid enough to run lower than ARCA when they have a full boat Truck ride with Ford paying the freight. Good try wanker lol.

B.S. She left because she didn't have any opportunities. Nobody is stupid enough to run lower than ARCA when they have a full boat Truck ride with Ford paying the freight. Good try wanker lol.
So she says. She’s always the victim. I know for a fact TRD wanted her to get more laps.

And she didn’t go right into trucks at Ford.

As usual, when it comes to Miss Deegan, you’re revising history to fit a narrative.

Notice how TRD continues to have a robust development program while Hailie Deegan is running around in 15th place or worse most weeks.

She has, and has had, every opportunity in the world to jump in a Late Model Stock or Super Late Model to get more laps and hone her race craft.

So she says. She’s always the victim. I know for a fact TRD wanted her to get more laps.

And she didn’t go right into trucks at Ford.

As usual, when it comes to Miss Deegan, you’re revising history to fit a narrative.

Notice how TRD continues to have a robust development program while Hailie Deegan is running around in 15th place or worse most weeks.

She has, and has had, every opportunity in the world to jump in a Late Model Stock or Super Late Model to get more laps and hone her race craft.
You know what's funny is it reminds me of when Danica was asked if she would run any lower division races (once she was an established Cup driver) and she said replied, "Cup only".

I remember thinking at the time, as she was struggling in the 10 car, why not go get some laps in a truck before the Cup race, run really well against that field, and boost your confidence for Sunday?

There's nothing wrong with stepping down to late models or supers when you're a full-time truck series driver. Many of those fields have stronger depth of talent than the trucks do at the moment and would probably be even better of a learning tool. Supers really are not even stepping "down" aside from the tracks not being Cup tracks. There are so many gaps in the truck series schedule, and I don't believe she's running anything other than two more SRX races this summer, and racing a 59 year old Michael Waltrip isn't the way to hone your skills. But it's a marketing tool to get on CBS a couple times, so yeah

Do they? You they have some younger guys in trucks but nothing in Xfinity. The 18 is a rent-a-ride. Sounds like Brandon wouldn't be in the 19 without bringing a lot of his own money. The 54 is well we all know that.

The cup series really has no openings that aren't already spoken for. Yeah they bring some guys into trucks, but without money of their own they don't even see an Xfinity car

Do they? You they have some younger guys in trucks but nothing in Xfinity. The 18 is a rent-a-ride. Sounds like Brandon wouldn't be in the 19 without bringing a lot of his own money. The 54 is well we all know that.

The cup series really has no openings that aren't already spoken for. Yeah they bring some guys into trucks, but without money of their own they don't even see an Xfinity car

Hailie Deegan doesn't bring money to the table and would be frozen out of an Xfinity ride? LOL.

If she's good enough and brings money to the table, a Cup ride would have opened up. Truex doesn't have many years left, same goes for Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch's future is uncertain at this moment. Kurt Busch at 23XI is in the same boat. Christopher Bell hasn't lit the world on fire in Cup and could be on a hot seat in a couple years.

There would've been plenty of opportunities there for her at TRD. Especially since she attracts a fanbase and sponsors and media coverage solely because she's an attractive woman.

The mental gymnastics y'all are doing for this girl is incredible.

TRD saw the writing on the wall with Hailie Deegan. My hunch is, Ford sees it as well, which is why an Xfinity ride hasn't magically opened up for her yet.

The reality of this sport is…the reality of it.

I’m all for having diversity in racing, and really want to see a woman or women succeed. These days there aren’t nearly the restrictive barriers that once existed. In fact, someone who is marketable like Hallie will likely get more opportunities than others. But, REALITY will dictate how far that goes. If an individual cannot get the required results on the track, they will only go so far. Too much competition for good seats in Xfinity and fierce competition for Cup rides.
I hope Hallie can get there but she‘s hit a wall so far despite being in a quality ride. That won’t last.

Agree, less Vlogs and more seat time at other levels may help.

Interesting to see how she fares Saturday night at Stafford Springs...

It’s like Deegan on the track.

Gettin’ outshined by her betters. Go, Jade.

No digging required.

One of the young ladies is a winner. The other is not. Deegan’s “career” will be overwhelmed by one or more of the young ladies coming out of the USAC ranks.

JMO, of course.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm getting at in my last post too. I don't think this path is sustainable long-term. The social media game creates some strong flash-in-the-pan hype that can be capitalized on to get things kicked off, but by itself it isn't how a racecar driver cultivates a long-term career behind the wheel.

Granted, I have no idea what things are like for her behind the scenes or what they may be trying to run or not run aside from trucks. But from a fan's/layman's perspective, it's almost looking like she's going from racecar driver that vlogs for relevancy, to vlogger that drives a racecar for content.
That last sentence is it.

She feels more like a stunt than a driver at this point. Personally I'm ready to call her a bust.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

How many you got? :XXROFL:

She has more than 130,000 Twitter followers; 3.1 million on TikTok; 439,000 subscribers on YouTube; 715,000-plus followers on Facebook; and 1.2 million on Instagram.
How is that helping her get to VL? She’ll never win a Truck race.
Are you one of the “followers?”

The goal in NASCAR is to win races.
Not to get your post count up on social media, or X amount of followers, or any of the other nonsense. It seems she is too absorbed in everything else, while her racing progress suffers.

The goal in NASCAR is to win races.
Not to get your post count up on social media, or X amount of followers, or any of the other nonsense. It seems she is too absorbed in everything else, while her racing progress suffers.
The post above is about the SRX race and a 6th place finish. It has Smoke, the Eury's, David Stremme, racing talk and it is a good film production with an insiders view if you have the bandwidth to watch it. You and the rest of the wack a moles are just cluttering the thread with the same $hit over and over. That's your choice. But rest assured when she posts a clip that is NASCAR or SRX related it will get posted. Kinda stupid to trot over here on this thread with the same ol yap IMO. But to each his own.

I agree with her that the younger gen has a short attention span, but I don't agree with shorter races.

Two or three years ago all you heard around here from the deathbedders was shorter races. Grain of sand for all of it as far as I am concerned. Ratings are up, crowds are also. tweakers tweak. This is the best season in years

Two or three years ago all you heard around here from the deathbedders was shorter races. Grain of sand for all of it as far as I am concerned. Ratings are up, crowds are also. tweakers tweak. This is the best season in years
...and I might be wrong, but didn't we rank the 600 the highest race of the year? Hmmm.

Why not? I like how it provides insight as to what the driver and team goes through on race weekends. I would like to see other teams do this. I would even watch a KFB one.
I think the majority of the fan base are interested in more successful drivers. Sure, she has the girl thing going on but the majority of fans aren’t interested in midpack drivers.

No real race fans watch those videos.
Maybe you would be better served subscribing to Kyle Busch's Youtube if that is where the real race fans are. He could use the subscription at 56 k followers compared to 475 K followers. Believe it or not there are race fans that follow drivers no matter what place they are in. It's isn't the most important requirement for many fans.

Maybe you would be better served subscribing to Kyle Busch's Youtube if that is where the real race fans are. He could use the subscription at 56 k followers compared to 475 K followers. Believe it or not there are race fans that follow drivers no matter what place they are in. It's isn't the most important requirement for many fans.
I don’t subscribe to anyone.
When the helmets come off, I don’t care what they’re doing.
I’m not a “follower.”

Back
Top Bottom