Deegan update

DP won most popular driver as well. I cant think the most popular driver will b e without a ride

Now we will sit back and watch the sponsors line up.
They value Most Popular drivers.
Hopefully it will be a top level Ford team where ever she ends up.

I bet the loser recognized her and wanted some juicy dirt

Thank goodness they saw who did it
Lets see. Whats the message that plays on a loop at all Airports?

“Baggage and personal items should not be left unattended. Any unattended items found will be treated as suspicious.”

Lessons

DP won most popular driver as well. I cant think the most popular driver will b e without a ride

Hailie Deegan's always going to have a ride. There are drivers with less money and significantly less marketing ability than her who get rides on demand.

Rumor is ThorSport is returning to Ford and Deegan will be their full-time driver. If that pans out, there are no excuses left. She has to make the playoffs and has to win races, otherwise it's safe to write her off as a bust.

Hailie Deegan's always going to have a ride. There are drivers with less money and significantly less marketing ability than her who get rides on demand.

Rumor is ThorSport is returning to Ford and Deegan will be their full-time driver. If that pans out, there are no excuses left. She has to make the playoffs and has to win races, otherwise it's safe to write her off as a bust.
Consider the source. That is one tweet from a nobody without any sources named so far. Until sources with skin in the game come forward, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it. There was another tweet saying she was going full time in Xfinity yesterday also.

IF that happens, the yotas will be really down on numbers next season. If Ford causes all of that to happen to get Deegan a spot, the haters with their "she better win" mantra kinda goes blowing in the wind. I said a long time ago that she didn't need to win races to be in the series. Ya feeling it yet for the most popular driver two years running in the truck series? lol.

It's my opinion that she needs to get out of the wreckfest of the truck series and get in a full time xfinity ride. Those cars appeared to suit here a lot better
If she ran upfront instead of back in the hornets nest then she wouldn't be in so many wrecks. I think it's crazy that somehow people think she should continue to he promoted based on this idea that she isn't getting what she needs out of her current division. Other drivers are winning in that division.

If she ran upfront instead of back in the hornets nest then she wouldn't be in so many wrecks. I think it's crazy that somehow people think she should continue to he promoted based on this idea that she isn't getting what she needs out of her current division. Other drivers are winning in that division.

I normally agree with this, but Deegan's Xfinity debut was a better performance than any of her Truck starts.

Granted, pit strategy played a role in her finishing P13 as opposed to around 18th to 20th.

I'm not basing my opinion on only one race. It would take a larger body of work for that to make any sense. Doesn't matter what my opinion is anyway, Ford is in the driver's seat right now. OEM's have a history of being fickle, but for now it appears that Ford is still high on Deegan to sell their trucks and other Ford products.

Some series just don't fit drivers. I remember a 7 time cup champion that didn't do much impressive in the Busch series either.....

Some series just don't fit drivers. I remember a 7 time cup champion that didn't do much impressive in the Busch series either.....

The caveat, re: Deegan, is that the drivers she's running in the back with are the same caliber of drivers/teams she was running in the back of the pack with in Pro/Super Late Models.

The reason Xfinity might be better for her is, there's a bigger discrepancy between the haves and have-nots there. If she was in an SHR or SHR satellite car, she'd be in the top-15 every single week. I mean, Brandon Jones and Riley Herbst have done well in Xfinity.

The caveat, re: Deegan, is that the drivers she's running in the back with are the same caliber of drivers/teams she was running in the back of the pack with in Pro/Super Late Models.

The reason Xfinity might be better for her is, there's a bigger discrepancy between the haves and have-nots there. If she was in an SHR or SHR satellite car, she'd be in the top-15 every single week. I mean, Brandon Jones and Riley Herbst have done well in Xfinity.
I personally think it has more to do with HP and aero that would be better for her. Who knows I've been wrong before

Apparently FoMoCo is still waiting patiently for Ms. Deegan to run up behind the top ten and stay there for 20 laps.

Anywhere.

I normally agree with this, but Deegan's Xfinity debut was a better performance than any of her Truck starts.

Granted, pit strategy played a role in her finishing P13 as opposed to around 18th to 20th.
It's one race. Respectfully, I'm shocked at how much stock people are putting into that one start. The sample size is just too small.

It's one race. Respectfully, I'm shocked at how much stock people are putting into that one start. The sample size is just too small.

The silent misogyny of low expectations.

Deegan’s debut in Xfinity was okay. Not great. Slightly below average.

But because the sport wants her to be great, every good run she has will be made into history.

25 pages and counting. What will this place do if she gets a decent ride and starts running top 5 regularly.

1670371148707.png

She hasn't run very well in trucks and the SSGLR cars are typically running outside the Top 20.
That's why people had low expectations, not because she's a girl.

It was a Stewart Haas car, essentially. And you just said it, expectations were low because she's not been very good.

Her Truck debut was also "impressive" and "historic."

She hasn't run very well in trucks and the SSGLR cars are typically running outside the Top 20.
That's why people had low expectations, not because she's a girl.
Not really, a very inexperienced Tanner Gray finished 15th in points had 2 top 5's and 6 top 10's and ran well most events. Ryan Preece had 10 starts and he won 1 and ran top 5 in 7 and top 10 in 9, so basically Gilliland had competitive Trucks but they were short on experience and Talent. Deegan was in a word , pathetic. Deegan had zero top 5 and zero top 10's. She was the worst of the 3 DGR drivers which was Tanner Gray, Taylor Gray and Preece and NOW if its true, she will be going to an Organization that has Crafton, Rhodes and Majeski. Thats gonna be a tough road.

Not really, a very inexperienced Tanner Gray finished 15th in points had 2 top 5's and 6 top 10's and ran well most events. Ryan Preece had 10 starts and he won 1 and ran top 5 in 7 and top 10 in 9, so basically Gilliland had competitive Trucks but they were short on experience and Talent. Deegan was in a word , pathetic. Deegan had zero top 5 and zero top 10's. She was the worst of the 3 DGR drivers which was Tanner Gray, Taylor Gray and Preece and NOW if its true, she will be going to an Organization that has Crafton, Rhodes and Majeski. Thats gonna be a tough road.
ok ignore this whole post, my brain read David Gilliland Racing for some reason lol. Damn

lol can we give her 1 year in Xfinity before we chalk her up? Yeah there needs to be a massive progression that takes place if she’s going to be a contender, let’s watch and see what happens.

If it turns out to be true, there won't be many yota trucks for their fans to fawn over. Gilliland will have 3, Hattori will have 2 and Freisen will have one. They are about the only ones that could win a race. Hailie not saying anything for all this time indicates to me it was a complicated deal to put together with many details to work out. It still doesn't seem like a done deal without Thorsport or Ford saying so, but time is getting awful short for an announcement.

Christian Eckes never getting a call from Thorsport is another indication that possibly Ford has been working a pretty long time on the deal to get Hailie in a ride and get more than a couple Ford trucks in the series.
Getting rid of Eckes with 8 top 5's, and 15 top 10's last year for Deegan with a couple of top 10's and getting a Ford team for Thorsport for her to drive in should gall the asses of the Hailie haters everywhere.

lol can we give her 1 year in Xfinity before we chalk her up? Yeah there needs to be a massive progression that takes place if she’s going to be a contender, let’s watch and see what happens.
I have her on a "4 more years in trucks and X " plan. She just turned 21 this year so
I figure if she gets more competive by 25 she can be a relative Nascar player
for the long term. Thorsports makes good trucks I think. She should have good equip.

Back
Top Bottom