Deegan update

I heard the same stuff about her time at TRD. And Hailie's camp not wanting to run her in Late Models in off weeks because it might "hurt her confidence."
I've been thinking that that's what it is too, plus preventing damage to her brand. If she drops to late models (not fulltime, I just mean occasional races) and does absolutely nothing, then it's going to lower her stock, so can they risk it, even if she does need the seat time?

It seems like she's basically stuck in this current situation where they need her to just start performing at the truck level itself. Not ready to move up, not going to move down. I think all their eggs are in one basket with this season being make or break.

I've been thinking that that's what it is too, plus preventing damage to her brand. If she drops to late models (not fulltime, I just mean occasional races) and does absolutely nothing, then it's going to lower her stock, so can they risk it, even if she does need the seat time?

It seems like she's basically stuck in this current situation where they need her to just start performing at the truck level itself. Not ready to move up, not going to move down. I think all their eggs are in one basket with this season being make or break.
With the quality equipment she'd be getting, you can only believe "dropping down" to run Late Models on occasion would hurt her if you don't think she's got the talent.

These NASCAR guys do pretty well when they step down to Late Models.

Aric & Paul were a lot better than you think in the Truck Series & the Busch Series.

Hailie should worry about finishing in the top 10 every full moon.
That's not my point

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

P32 for Deegan last night. 🫢
31st in points. SOI set the bar at finishing better than 25th. I thought she would improve a little this year just on experience not that better equipment crap but again, digression.

P32. Did she just wreck, or have a bad performance? Her teammates are top 5 in points.

P32. Did she just wreck, or have a bad performance? Her teammates are top 5 in points.

She got good track position on strategy, began dropping like a rock, and wrecked in a three-wide battle. Prior to that, she wasn't even in the top-20 much of the race (except for the start).

She got good track position on strategy, began dropping like a rock, and wrecked in a three-wide battle. Prior to that, she wasn't even in the top-20 much of the race (except for the start).
She has Danica nerves when in close quarters. Got the wobbles when 3-4 wide and lost control. Not a going in getting loose wobble. Just a nervous not sure which way to go wobble. I hate that ****. Danica did that in Indycar several times. Just not confident in her car control.

I hope this season is her last in NASCAR. They wasting a spot.

Much too cautious in her racecraft and that's why she keeps getting put into these undesirable spots on track. All of that adds up.

She is going to have to get way more aggressive and start throwing blocks to get space to go forward. It's not that she lacks the ability to go fast enough qualified 5th.

This is sort of why some of us were hoping for xfinity car for her this year, where she seemed to escape the craziness of the truck series for a minute and may have more of a knack for car control with that car specifically.

Much too cautious in her racecraft and that's why she keeps getting put into these undesirable spots on track. All of that adds up.

She is going to have to get way more aggressive and start throwing blocks to get space to go forward. It's not that she lacks the ability to go fast enough qualified 5th.

This is sort of why some of us were hoping for xfinity car for her this year, where she seemed to escape the craziness of the truck series for a minute and may have more of a knack for car control with that car specifically.

Why should she get a promotion to Xfinity without earning it?

Reviewed the Vegas footage

Deegan needs to drive more aggressive!!!! She needs to drive like she did on dirt.
I believe I said the same thing about DP10.
Her BF needs to emphasize this as well to her.

I think falling back in the pack where the crap happens and not being aggressive compounded the Vegas wreck.
She was pinched in that wreck but still she should not have been back there

Reviewed the Vegas footage

Deegan needs to drive more aggressive!!!! She needs to drive like she did on dirt.
I believe I said the same thing about DP10.
Her BF needs to emphasize this as well to her.

I think falling back in the pack where the crap happens and not being aggressive compounded the Vegas wreck.
She was pinched in that wreck but still she should not have been back there
I think that's where Danica's problem always was. Yeah she gets wrecked a lot and most aren't really her fault, but with the equipment she's in she shouldn't be running back there to start with

I think that's where Danica's problem always was. Yeah she gets wrecked a lot and most aren't really her fault, but with the equipment she's in she shouldn't be running back there to start with
I mean, Hell, she might as well wreck trying to improve her position rather than whats happening now. The guys around her would prob even respect her more. If she lets them drive over her,. they will.

She started up front last weekend and drove her way to the rear.

She needs to be aggressive.
Lets be honest, she has car control issues which causes her to be timid in traffic, driving more aggressively isnt going to help her. She runs well on plate tracks in packs because she doesnt have to regulate her speed, it is what it is, put it on the mat and lay with it. The problem is when she gets to speedways like Vegas and she is responsible for hitting her marks, on -off throttle time, braking etc.... I have no doubt she will improve but for some reason the light hasnt come on yet and she would be smart to live at the shop, be more involved and run sim time when ever its available. Shes capable, she just needs to trust her truck and push through.

Lets be honest, she has car control issues which causes her to be timid in traffic, driving more aggressively isnt going to help her. She runs well on plate tracks in packs because she doesnt have to regulate her speed, it is what it is, put it on the mat and lay with it. The problem is when she gets to speedways like Vegas and she is responsible for hitting her marks, on -off throttle time, braking etc.... I have no doubt she will improve but for some reason the light hasnt come on yet and she would be smart to live at the shop, be more involved and run sim time when ever its available. Shes capable, she just needs to trust her truck and push through.

Point taken, but she does well on the twisty road courses. I dont think car control is the issue.
Agree witht he live at the shop.

and,..GET OFF IG AND YOURTUBE DEEGAN!!!!!

She could learn from Bryson who basically lives and breathes racing.

Point taken, but she does well on the twisty road courses. I dont think car control is the issue.
Agree witht he live at the shop.

and,..GET OFF IG AND YOURTUBE DEEGAN!!!!!

She could learn from Bryson who basically lives and breathes racing.
She is fine on road courses but its not a constant high speed venue which you are door to door with each other. I think it makes her nervous and indecisive to be honest

She is fine on road courses but its not a constant high speed venue which you are door to door with each other. I think it makes her nervous and indecisive to be honest
I dont like what you said, but something is DEF amiss. Thanks for sharing spotter.

I just think her confidence is lacking on these tracks. Like, on the road courses, she's got that killer instinct.

I just wonder if these wrecks have hurt her confidence on these bigger tracks. Especially in some of those races where she's been aggressive, done everything right, and got taken out in an accident not of her doing. Like, maybe she thinks she has to be more conservative in those situations, which is getting her caught up in wrecks as well.

She's got car control and we've seen that in dirt, on road courses, in ARCA, and even in some of these Truck races. You can't learn that, you've either got it or you don't.

I just think her confidence is lacking on these tracks. Like, on the road courses, she's got that killer instinct.

I just wonder if these wrecks have hurt her confidence on these bigger tracks. Especially in some of those races where she's been aggressive, done everything right, and got taken out in an accident not of her doing. Like, maybe she thinks she has to be more conservative in those situations, which is getting her caught up in wrecks as well.

She's got car control and we've seen that in dirt, on road courses, in ARCA, and even in some of these Truck races. You can't learn that, you've either got it or you don't.

Has Hallie Deegan (at age 21) lost a step?

She should do a year of karting in Europe and then see how she does back here.

Back
Top Bottom