Deegan update

She’s a 15th place driver most weeks. Any driver that’s worried about winning races isn’t worried about Deegan besides lap traffic.. I think people still talk about her because she’s still somewhat relevant sometimes lol

Xfinity races tend to be less chaotic than truck races which might help her as well.
She still wouldn't compete for wins in Xfinity if she made the jump right now. I can't think of any driver who usually ran between 15th-20th in trucks and suddenly turned out to be a contender in Xfinity.

I think her "performance" would be better in Xfinity, but I'm really not sure what she would learn.

The NASCAR Xfinity Series isn't where you go to learn the basics. It's where you go to prove you belong.

What Hailie needs to learn should've been learned in Legends, Pro Lates and ARCA.

I think her "performance" would be better in Xfinity, but I'm really not sure what she would learn.

The NASCAR Xfinity Series isn't where you go to learn the basics. It's where you go to prove you belong.

What Hailie needs to learn should've been learned in Legends, Pro Lates and ARCA.
Disagree here, she did win in ARCA.
She learned car control as well driving stadium trucks.

I see there is a lot of she should do this or she shouldn’t do that going on on here but I’m going out on a limb and say maybe she should do whatever her sponsors want her to do. After all they are paying the bills and know what series they want her in. Or I guess she could tell them no she is going to race in the series RF members think she should be in. I don’t see that working out to good for her though. 😃

I see there is a lot of she should do this or she shouldn’t do that going on on here but I’m going out on a limb and say maybe she should do whatever her sponsors want her to do. After all they are paying the bills and know what series they want her in. Or I guess she could tell them no she is going to race in the series RF members think she should be in. I don’t see that working out to good for her though. 😃
They have a big ass house, three race tracks on their property, just built a really nice building for their fleet of Go Karts, driving a couple of brand new loaded up Fords...She will never be a success in racing right?

They have a big ass house, three race tracks on their property, just built a really nice building for their fleet of Go Karts, driving a couple of brand new loaded up Fords...She will never be a success in racing right?
Hey, she already has way more in just a few years than I have after over 20 years in the racing industry. So I definitely don’t have any room to be criticizing her choices. 😃

Brian Deegan has a big ass house.

What does that have to do with her lack of NASCAR success?

The goal of any real racecar driver is to win races.
I think most drivers, not all, but most want to win and have fun and make enough money to support a good life and their racing endeavors. Right now Deegan seems to have covered 3 out of the 4 and is probably doing as much as she can to complete the 4th.

3 wins albeit in short fields. 19, 15 and 14 entries.

She moved up as she should have. It’s been 4 years since she got out of Bill McAnally’s cars … her progress hasn’t exactly been linear.

Wonder if Avedisian could do better in K&N/Arca/trucks.

I think most drivers, not all, but most want to win and have fun and make enough money to support a good life and their racing endeavors. Right now Deegan seems to have covered 3 out of the 4 and is probably doing as much as she can to complete the 4th.
If you go into racing to make money and have fun then, IMO, you aren’t a real racecar driver.

If you go into racing to make money and have fun then, IMO, you aren’t a real racecar driver.
Everyone is allowed there opinion. Some will agree with you and some won’t. That’s the beauty of this world. But it doesn’t mean you are right or wrong because there is no written rule stating what makes a real race car driver. Going off of your opinion then John Force is not a real race car driver. But as well as I know John I would have to disagree with you and say he is. 😃

Everyone is allowed there opinion. Some will agree with you and some won’t. That’s the beauty of this world. But it doesn’t mean you are right or wrong because there is no written rule stating what makes a real race car driver. Going off of your opinion then John Force is not a real race car driver. But as well as I know John I would have to disagree with you and say he is. 😃
John Force never showed up to run 2nd.
I’m glad guys like Pearson, Petty, Gordon, Stewart, Johnson, etc. didn’t either.
😜

I’m glad guys like Pearson, Petty, Gordon, Stewart, Johnson, etc. didn’t either.
😜
Actually when John started he showed up just hoping he didn’t blow his car up during the burnout so that he could collect the money that he was going to get from the promoter that he booked a match race with so he would have enough to get to the next match race. You do realize back then that they were just booked in to put on a show. They were not really racing most of the time. Heck I remember when his cousin got him some match races booked against Gary Densham in Australia and Force kept blowing the car up during the burnout so Densham and his crew helped John tune up the car so that he could make a full pull so they could get paid.

😜
Bobby, I found this 2-part video that Densham did for Competition Plus Story Tellers talking about that Australia trip when John first started. It's actually pretty funny if you watch the whole thing. I was off on one thing though, I thought Beaver was John's cousin, but he is John's uncle. He was talking about john being on fire, but Densham has had his share of fires also. Here is one of his worst ones at around 1.00 in this video.

Gary taught auto class for many years here in SoCal and some of his students was on his race team. About 8 or 9 years ago we were racing at the US Nationals in Indy when I was on Bodes team. Densham and Bode both ran a limited schedule at that time but it had rained out, so we all had to stay for an extra week. Gary had a doctor's appointment back in California so he asked me if I could drive his hauler back to Cali so he could fly home after the race. So, after the race I drove Bodes hauler back to the shop in Chicago and then flew back to Indy and drove Gary's hauler back to SoCal. It was a a hauler he had purchased from John Force a couple of years earlier. :)

Gary taught auto class for many years here in SoCal and some of his students was on his race team. About 8 or 9 years ago we were racing at the US Nationals in Indy when I was on Bodes team. Densham and Bode both ran a limited schedule at that time but it had rained out, so we all had to stay for an extra week. Gary had a doctor's appointment back in California so he asked me if I could drive his hauler back to Cali so he could fly home. So, after the race I drove Bodes hauler back to the shop in Chicago and then flew back to Indy and drove Gary's hauler back to SoCal. It was a a hauler he had purchased from John Force a couple of years earlier. :)
Those were a couple of funny stories, throwing the chute out the window lol.

Getting back on the thread track here. I enjoy watching Deegan race, but I also wish she was a little more competitive. But I'm not giving up on her just yet. I really think she will win some races in the future. But, if she doesn't, I definitely don't think it will be from lack of interest or trying.

If you can't connect A with B I can't help ya.
That she can be a pay driver either way? If you follow then as closely as you claim, then you'd know Brian has clearly stated that they don't have the self-funding available to keep the NASCAR career going on their own.

Bobby, I found this 2-part video that Densham did for Competition Plus Story Tellers talking about that Australia trip when John first started. It's actually pretty funny if you watch the whole thing. I was off on one thing though, I thought Beaver was John's cousin, but he is John's uncle. He was talking about john being on fire, but Densham has had his share of fires also. Here is one of his worst ones at around 1.00 in this video.
Horrific fire 😳

brokeback-mountain-brokeback-mountain-gifs.gif

Back
Top Bottom