Denny Hamlin Appreciation Thread

Easy now, David Pearson has as many Super Speedway wins as Denny Hamlin has in total wins.
Sport is a bit different now....Denny is constantly in the front with few manufacturer friends...he makes his own friends because of his ability....aka Dale Jr. Fair point on Pearson.....so good.

Dale Jr, Tony Stewart, Dale Sr and Jeff Gordon are the Mt Rushmore of superspeedway restrictor plate racing, imo.

At their best, no one in the history of the sport was better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dale Jr, Tony Stewart, Dale Sr and Jeff Gordon are the Mt Rushmore of superspeedway restrictor plate racing, imo.

Even Michael Waltrip could win in a DEI plate car.

Tony Stewart won 19 Daytona races, but never the 500. It goes to show how unpredictable those tracks can be.

Him winning the xFinity season opener all those years was just ridiculous.

What?
what.jpg

My question is what is with the 10 with the flashing yellow lights????

I appreciate the **** out of Denny today! HELL YES!!!!!!

Glad to see Denny win yesterday. I’m not a dedicated fan of any one driver (like several and hate several) and was actually wearing a Larson shirt 🤷🏻‍♂️ but seeing any of the top drivers go 30+ races without a win is kinda meh.

Denny raced a damn good hard race and even though I know a lot of people are detractors, he won the most entertaining race of the year!

Glad to see Denny win yesterday. I’m not a dedicated fan of any one driver (like several and hate several) and was actually wearing a Larson shirt 🤷🏻‍♂️ but seeing any of the top drivers go 30+ races without a win is kinda meh.

Denny raced a damn good hard race and even though I know a lot of people are detractors, he won the most entertaining race of the year!
A lot of the best finishes in the last 5 years or so involve Larson losing the race in the final laps. Can’t wait for Denny’s podcast this week.

will denny retire this year when fed ex goes away?

I think he’s in for 1-2 more years. We are seeing a long line of the Big sponsors leaving and being replaced by a hodgepodge of smaller and less stable sources. But as a team owner I suspect he has a plan for it. He’s certainly prepping for his next career but I can’t see him quitting until after next year unless he wins the title this year.

Jimmie Johnson Line 1. ****** should have won 8.
Hamlin has never won even one lol. Supposed to be one of the highest paid drivers and he is winless? I don't know what kind of fairyland you live in, but I think the preacher is sharpening up his scythe and Hamlin is a dead man walking. Of course ol'Joe will have some mealey mouthed excuse, probably take the poor boy route.

Hamlin has never won even one lol. Supposed to be one of the highest paid drivers and he is winless? I don't know what kind of fairyland you live in, but I think the preacher is sharpening up his scythe and Hamlin is a dead man walking. Of course ol'Joe will have some mealey mouthed excuse, probably take the poor boy route.
Mark Martin Line 2 for you @StandOnIt. Poor boy route is Poor Richard's gig. Your boy Kyle let the cat out of the bag by saying that Coach was ready to pay him out of his own pocket. Denny will be fine. He has a back up plan with a former NBA guy. My point about Jimmie was that The Felon changed the locks on the doors, and Jim Campbell made sure he was clear that he worships at the Alter of Crime. He has a new family now.

49 wins isn’t winless. Yes winning the end of season trophy matters but dude has made a full career of collecting checker flags. Same as other sports, that one ring at the end matters but it isn’t always indicative of greatness. And it ain’t over yet. Look at Elway who should have had it earlier or Tarkinton, Marino, and Kelly. Denny wants the ring sure. But I don’t think he has to consider himself a failure in this sport.

Mark Martin Line 2 for you @StandOnIt. Poor boy route is Poor Richard's gig. Your boy Kyle let the cat out of the bag by saying that Coach was ready to pay him out of his own pocket. Denny will be fine. He has a back up plan with a former NBA guy. My point about Jimmie was that The Felon changed the locks on the doors, and Jim Campbell made sure he was clear that he worships at the Alter of Crime. He has a new family now.
You have a bad case of what about itis, Hamlin is gone if FedX pulls the plug. It's simple.

49 wins isn’t winless. Yes winning the end of season trophy matters but dude has made a full career of collecting checker flags. Same as other sports, that one ring at the end matters but it isn’t always indicative of greatness. And it ain’t over yet. Look at Elway who should have had it earlier or Tarkinton, Marino, and Kelly. Denny wants the ring sure. But I don’t think he has to consider himself a failure in this sport.
Kinda apples to oranges in the championship regard, other sports have a team of players competing on the field, there is only 1 driver on the track.

Kinda apples to oranges in the championship regard, other sports have a team of players competing on the field, there is only 1 driver on the track.
Ah. Well I guess I could draw some tennis analogies. But the Pit Crew, Crew Chief and spotters might want to chime in.

Back
Top Bottom