Denny Hamlin Appreciation Thread

Looks to be just the two of ya. Miss Fish shares the same sentiment as the rest of us.

Fish’s post said, “Rings: DH 0, Jordan 1,” alluding to Hamlin’s long a successful NASCAR Cup career in which he is still chasing his first championship.
Happy New Year ROU (Rest of Us)!!!!!!! Besties with SOU (Some of Us).....and a close cousin to MOU (Most of Us)!!!! Comical.

It’s a good thing the cars will be back in competition next month. Some fans are getting a little testy around here. 😃

Good news for some. At least we don't have to see him as much in the clown suit. Like a midnight cowboy gone bad.

1704913168358.png

Actually, I think Denny gives good insight in the sport on his podcast. It is obvious he cares deeply for the sport that has made him, and others, millions and is always looking for ways to improve the sport and the image of the sport.
I especially like how Denny admits his mistakes and while some might call it whining, most drivers do the same thing when caught in the heat of the moment.

Many never admit to errors even when video evidence is indisputable.
Denny is the new "Rowdy." The "Rowdy" from ten years ago, and it is bringing him notoriety and fans as well as detractors.

Personally, I like a driver that whines, pisses and moans, and admits they screwed up and because of it, Denny is the most genuine driver in the series today. He doesn't wear his feelings on his sleeve. YMMV.

Actually, I think Denny gives good insight in the sport on his podcast. It is obvious he cares deeply for the sport that has made him, and others, millions and is always looking for ways to improve the sport and the image of the sport.
I especially like how Denny admits his mistakes and while some might call it whining, most drivers do the same thing when caught in the heat of the moment.

Denny is the new "Rowdy." The "Rowdy" from ten years ago, and it is bringing him notoriety and fans as well as detractors.

Personally, I like a driver that whines, pisses and moans, and admits they screwed up and because of it, Denny is the most genuine driver in the series today. He doesn't wear his feelings on his sleeve. YMMV.
This. All. Day. Long. He is interesting....and I think what really pisses people off is that while he would like to win a Championship, this is a bigger deal to others than it is to him at this point.

Maybe it's my bias against his arrogant ass but when has he admitted to mistakes? That's what grates me the most. 0 humility usually.

Maybe it's my bias against his arrogant ass but when has he admitted to mistakes? That's what grates me the most. 0 humility usually.
Do you listen to his podcasts? In nearly every one they disect the previous race or rehash incidents that took place in previous races and whenever Denny is at fault, which happens to every driver on the circuit no matter who, he admits it. He invites guests who challenge him and many he has had run ins with on track. The last podcast I listened to he praised Ross and his ability, admitted he had screwed up and it wasn't the first time I had heard him admit he screwed up.
What you call arrogance, I call confidence and admitting mistakes is a sign of confidence. Denny is good. He knows it. In 19 years in the big leagues, he has 51 wins, 222 top fives, 340 top tens and 40 poles. Like him or hate him he's a candidate for the NASCAR Hall of Fame, first ballot.

I get ya, but most are unwilling to admit mistakes. It's okay to hate Denny....just because one hates Denny. Personally, I love what he has evolved into. Never bought any Denny merch until this year. He is smart as hell. He is an owner. His podcast gives us more than broadcasts do. He is fun....but again, I get it.

While on my soapbox, I'll add this. I'm not just a Denny champion. I like every driver out there. This is a tough game they are playing and getting into the series at this level is difficult. I champion for Ross, Kyle B and L, Chase, Joey, all the way through to the team that finishes last every week.
I enjoy the sport and understand every driver has their personality traits. I've been around and a fan of the sport since 1958 - no, that's not a typographical error - and had a minor role with a race tam in the late 1980s, it gave me a much clearer picture of what these drivers and race teams deal with.
When I watch a race the thing I want to see is door to door, hard nose, short track style racing and as long as it is clean, I really don't care who wins. That is why my preference is short track and road courses where they really mix it up.
Whizzer has left the building!

Do you listen to his podcasts? In nearly every one they disect the previous race or rehash incidents that took place in previous races and whenever Denny is at fault, which happens to every driver on the circuit no matter who, he admits it. He invites guests who challenge him and many he has had run ins with on track. The last podcast I listened to he praised Ross and his ability, admitted he had screwed up and it wasn't the first time I had heard him admit he screwed up.
What you call arrogance, I call confidence and admitting mistakes is a sign of confidence. Denny is good. He knows it. In 19 years in the big leagues, he has 51 wins, 222 top fives, 340 top tens and 40 poles. Like him or hate him he's a candidate for the NASCAR Hall of Fame, first ballot.
Only when he is involved in shenanigans at the track or someone shares something stupid he says on it will I go to listen. His actions post incident RARELY involve him owning up to being at fault, even when there is evidence of it that I recall? He wrecked Elliott in Martinsville (and still didn't win) then acted like he didn't and I don't recall him owning that one? He threw a fit when Bowman did to him what he does to others (that should be one of his most shameful moments but not Denny), and then he puts his "friend" Larson in the wall at Pocono and tells everyone it was Larson's fault (when everyone I heard that commented on it says Denny was at fault).

I know drivers are notorious for looking at things only from their view but the last few years he has become a common denominator in dust ups. Then he act like everyone else is driving with no respect?

I can't stand people like him with zero humility.

And I don't need his resume to admit he's talented. Ky Bu is talented but he's a derogatory term too....there isn't a driver out there that isn't talented.

Clash Champion kids!!!! DFH!!!!!!

Everybody else. We are confident we will get the deal done and Hamlin wonders why he isn't in the loop and they don't include him in the decision making process.

Everybody else. We are confident we will get the deal done and Hamlin wonders why he isn't in the loop and they don't include him in the decision making process.
Just because everyone else is willing to dish out PR response bull**** and he isn't doesn't make him wrong and them right. 75% of everything that gets said by ANYONE involved with NASCAR is for public consumption and PR purposes, not necessarily the truth. I have absolutely NO IDEA how close or not close they are to an agreement, but I don't expect the overwhelming majority of those involved to tell the truth, and that goes doubly for anyone from the NASCAR side. I'm all for ANYBODY willing to offer an alternate point of view. Even if they are dead wrong, it's a good thing to have to justify and articulate your side of the story.

Just because everyone else is willing to dish out PR response bull**** and he isn't doesn't make him wrong and them right. 75% of everything that gets said by ANYONE involved with NASCAR is for public consumption and PR purposes, not necessarily the truth. I have absolutely NO IDEA how close or not close they are to an agreement, but I don't expect the overwhelming majority of those involved to tell the truth, and that goes doubly for anyone from the NASCAR side. I'm all for ANYBODY willing to offer an alternate point of view. Even if they are dead wrong, it's a good thing to have to justify and articulate your side of the story.
Well there you go, he's your man. Hamlin against the evil empire, the voice of clarity.

I don't give a **** about the negotiations. Professional sport is about rich guys playing games, and we happily get the crumbs. If they want to get stupid about who gets more pennies and ruin the sport. See ya. WE race in lots of different places....and I would love to see US back in IndyCar.

I don't give a **** about the negotiations. Professional sport is about rich guys playing games, and we happily get the crumbs. If they want to get stupid about who gets more pennies and ruin the sport. See ya. WE race in lots of different places....and I would love to see US back in IndyCar.
It isn't me that posts that crap. It's always a dead end.

Well there you go, he's your man. Hamlin against the evil empire, the voice of clarity.
I don't know if he's a voice of clarity or not, but at least he's offering an alternate point of view. I don't like "group think", and when I see EVERYONE doing and saying the same thing, I get REAL nervous. In this particular case, I think the truth is a LOT closer to what Denny is saying than what everyone else is saying. If the "party line' was accurate, I don't think the teams would be hiring high dollar antitrust lawyers.

For me, if Rick Hendrick, Jeff Gordon or Roger Penske says they have a problem in negotiations, I will read what they have to say.

Interesting...Denny really doesn't say anything of significance. In the article he is quoted as saying "I am not as optimistic as probably Steve is..." In reality that makes no sense to me, unless he thinks there will be no agreement. There will be an agreement and he will be a team owner that will be part of that agreement. That's a bet I would take and be very "optimistic" of winning that bet.

For me, if Rick Hendrick, Jeff Gordon or Roger Penske says they have a problem in negotiations, I will read what they have to say.
Those are three guys that are experts at talking for ten minutes and not actual saying anything. Don't get me wrong, I have total admiration and respect for all three, but that doesn't mean I always believe what I hear from them, far from it. They have one way of dealing with issues which obviously works for them. For better or worse, I'm too blunt and unfiltered for that approach. Even when I'm on my absolute best butt kissing behavior, you're still going to get pretty good idea of what I'm REALLY thinking.

Interesting...Denny really doesn't say anything of significance. In the article he is quoted as saying "I am not as optimistic as probably Steve is..." In reality that makes no sense to me, unless he thinks there will be no agreement. There will be an agreement and he will be a team owner that will be part of that agreement. That's a bet I would take and be very "optimistic" of winning that bet.
It makes perfect sense to me. I think Denny's opinion is that the two sides are WAY further apart than most of the parties WANT you to believe. That doesn't mean that one side or the other won't do a total about face and agree to a deal tomorrow, but my guess is that one side or the other is going to not going to be very happy with the outcome, regardless of what they TELL you.

Interesting piece right here from Denny. Not sure why NASCAR would wait on this. If attracting new OEMs is the target, might I suggest fuel gauges and tire pressure monitors? .....Maybe a pit speed limiter while we are at it?

The only guy who could beat Denny today was the driver of the spinning 11 car DENNY HAMLIN.

Interesting piece right here from Denny. Not sure why NASCAR would wait on this. If attracting new OEMs is the target, might I suggest fuel gauges and tire pressure monitors? .....Maybe a pit speed limiter while we are at it?
Hopefully Hamlin will start his own racing series soon after he retires.

Back
Top Bottom