Did Elliot Manipulate the Ending of the Race?

Well I believe you dislike both of them so of course you would haha. It be me if it was Joey and Kyle and hoping they take each other out lol. As a fan of both Chase and Kevin in like please just don’t do anything dumb.
Fair enough! I have never thought of it as dislike so much as I would never root for them--even for vast amounts of money and/or beer.

You wanna talk about wins but not win totals. Wins don't matter to you.
Well I mean. I would hope someone with that many more starts has more wins lol. 533 is a huge number difference. Let’s see what Chase has 20 years into his career.

Well I mean. I would hope someone with that many more starts has more wins lol. 533 is a huge number difference. Let’s see what Chase has 20 years into his career.
Well get back to me when the kid does something comparable.
Kevin has a better average finish.

Well get back to me when the kid does something comparable.
Both have championships in the same type of format. So that’s that.

I looked, since racing together Harvick has won more, 27-13. So Harvick still does edge him out head to head. Both amazing drivers. But I mean, for Chase to have more wins than Kevin at this point in his career, Chase would have to be winning like 10 times a year on avg.. on AVG. no one is out there winning that much.

Harvick has not been taught a lesson by Chase Elliott. Nope. That race was Kevin's to win. I think much of his anger was about the prospect of not winning this year, and honestly, I like that. OMG.....am I actually defending Harvick? This world is truly ****** up now....

Get outta here. Chase took the high line away but Larson made a hell of move to pass Kevin. I’d race a guy hard too if they cut my tire down, at the end of the day though KL made a hell of a move

I looked, since racing together Harvick has won more, 27-13. So Harvick still does edge him out head to head. Both amazing drivers. But I mean, for Chase to have more wins than Kevin at this point in his career, Chase would have to be winning like 10 times a year on avg.. on AVG. no one is out there winning that much.
Average finish.

Average finish.
We’re talking wins aren’t we? Let’s talk wins. Head to head Harvick still has him for sure, but let’s see where they are at the end of both careers. Let’s see where Chase is in 20 years deep into his career.

Don’t. Feed. The. Troll.

I know I know. But I am bored man lol. Plus kind of sick so I gotta entertain myself
I get it. All that can be said about the incident has been said, but there’s 3-4 posters on here who just love to stir the s***, ESPECIALLY when Elliott is involved.

We’re talking wins aren’t we? Let’s talk wins. Head to head Harvick still has him for sure, but let’s see where they are at the end of both careers. Let’s see where Chase is in 20 years deep into his career.
Let’s keep it simple and leave wins out of it. Let’s simply go with average finish.

I get it. All that can be said about the incident has been said, but there’s 3-4 posters on here who just love to stir the s***, ESPECIALLY when Elliott is involved.
Gonna go watch some stuff on YouTube and relax. Gotta have a good day today.

Let’s keep it simple and leave wins out of it. Let’s simply go with average finish.
Or we can just agree both are good drivers who will have great numbers at the end of their careers? I already said Harvick edges him out right now. Both won playoff championships in years they probably shouldn’t have won.

The NASCAR Rule book, Sections 12.8.g and 12.8.1 of the NASCAR rule book, which addresses manipulating the outcome of a race, appears to have been violated by Chase Elliot.

Will NASCAR do anything about it? Personally, back in the day of "real" NASCAR when they called this section against Michael Waltrip, they most certainly would have. Elliot was even more blatant that Michael was, heck, he even admitted it in the post race interview. So did Larson, but he was benefactor so....
Did he, yes.
Will NASCAR do anything, no.

Or we can just agree both are good drivers who will have great numbers at the end of their careers? I already said Harvick edges him out right now. Both won playoff championships in years they probably shouldn’t have won.
For now, Elliott ain’t no Harvick.

For now, Elliott ain’t no Harvick.
Never said he was. Just both are pretty talented. Now I’m done with this, as I’m not wasting more time on it. Thanks for the discussion tho. Helped me pass the time while being sick in bed.

Never said he was. Just both are pretty talented. Now I’m done with this, as I’m not wasting more time on it. Thanks for the discussion tho. Helped me pass the time while being sick in bed.
Goody.
Eat something hot, it’ll help your cold. Maybe some good Thai soup.

Alls I no is...Dale Sr would be sayin sumping about tying kerosene rags around the ankles of 90% of ths boards members. So much whining.

And Matt Kenseth is my hero. He handled things.

1632092293860.gif

Get outta here. Chase took the high line away but Larson made a hell of move to pass Kevin. I’d race a guy hard too if they cut my tire down, at the end of the day though KL made a hell of a move
Larson doesn't win without Chase. Pretty much accepted school of thought, right? I'll stay here, thanks.

The car is horrible like that. Shouldn’t happen so easy next year with the new car. Just look how much the Xfinity cars can beat and bang without the problem.
Seemed worse than usual....wonder if it was a tire pressure thing....

Eh.....statements of fact when the target isn't a "fan favorite," but trolling when it is. Whatevs.

Eh.....statements of fact when the target isn't a "fan favorite," but trolling when it is. Whatevs.
Wasn’t talking about you, Rev. We disagree, but you post with sincerity. I’m not going to name them, but it’s bloody obvious.

Larson doesn't win without Chase. Pretty much accepted school of thought, right? I'll stay here, thanks.
Hard to say. Larson is starting to Pearson it a lot. He has swung the opposite of burning up the car in the first hundred laps.

Sections 12.8.g and 12.8.1 of the NASCAR rule book, which addresses manipulating the outcome of a race...

The incident recalls the 2013 incident in which Michael Waltrip Racing tried to rig the regular-season finale at Richmond to get Martin Truex Jr. into the playoffs. NASCAR punished the team and took the unprecedented step of kicking Truex out of the Chase in favor of Ryan Newman.
I'd like to ask @OldTimer exactly why he quoted the above news article to launch this thread? When the news article says, "The incident recalls..." the incident being referenced is not last night's race at Bristol. The article is actually about an incident from 2019 at the Homestead season finale. The rules violation was this: three unchartered backmarker teams (Rick Ware, Jay Robinson, and Spire Motorsports) conspired to fix the race results.

Yes, actual mobster-style race fixing... which was intended to win a cash prize of $175,000 for highest ranked unchartered car for the 2019 season. The conspiracy was designed to deprive the Gaunt Brothers team of the big check, but they got caught. The news writer likened the conspiracy to the "itchy arm incident" by Michael Waltrip Racing at Richmond several years before. [ Link to article ]

It seems to me that the "jailhouse lawyer" quoting the rule book and citing the literature is being rather loose with the true facts. I call B.S. on that cheap tactic. As for what Chase Elliott did at Bristol, I believe it was a simple case of payback. Aggrieved drivers talking payback is an over-used concept in NASCAR, but in Chase's case last night it was completely righteous, IMO.

Legal Disclaimer: Not a Chase Elliott fan, and don't "suckle media darlings."

eh, it fired a bunch of them up even tho Oldtimer's post was pure B.S. I usually make a note of who posts info that can't be verified. Kudos to LewTheShoe for running that one to ground.

People keep comparing this to MWR. One major difference is this did not affect who gets in or advances to next round.

Elliot did manipulate the race.

But really, its how it goes.

What ever happened to "boys have at it".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom