Did Elliot Manipulate the Ending of the Race?

Let me say this. Chase Elliott has had a lot of run-ins with guys over the years It seems like,. And it takes two to tango. I'm not saying he's wrong, or always wrong. But Mr. Smooth is nonsense. He's been an agressive/physical driver for quite a bit. Reminds me a bit of Logano when it comes to pushing back and being agressive at a young age.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Let me say this. Chase Elliott has had a lot of run-ins with guys over the years It seems like,. And it takes two to tango. I'm not saying he's wrong, or always wrong. But Mr. Smooth is nonsense. He's been an agressive/physical driver for quite a bit. Reminds me a bit of Logano when it comes to pushing back and being agressive at a young age.

He dumped Dillon for his first truck win, and the Logano dump was pretty rough as well. Other than that, care to cite anything? I'm genuinely asking because I'm obviously biased.

Logano was pushed around by Hamlin, Harvick, Stewart, and others and eventually he learned he had to push back. Logano didn’t start the fire.

Enter Chase Elliott. He’s aggressive and most of the time he’s clean and smart about it. He’s not without sin with incidents with Logano at Bristol and bad blocks on superspeedways. But like Logano, he was pushed around before he pushed back. Hell, even Jeff Gordon leaned on Chase when Gordon subbed for Dale Jr.

Apparently it’s acceptable for veterans to push the young guns around because they haven’t earned their stripes, but when the young talent pushes back it’s blasphemy. This sport has a long history of young talent coming in and knocking down veterans and the veterans not being able to handle it.

He dumped Dillon for his first truck win, and the Logano dump was pretty rough as well. Other than that, care to cite anything? I'm genuinely asking because I'm obviously biased.
It's more of a general blanketed statement and just the vibe I get. I think Chase just has more of an edge to him as a driver and as a man then I think we give him credit for it. This is not a bad thing. I enjoy him a lot more like this.

He isn't really Mr Nice Guy like Dale Jr was, or Mark Martin or Carl Edwards

Last edited:
Logano was pushed around by Hamlin, Harvick, Stewart, and others and eventually he learned he had to push back. Logano didn’t start the fire.

Enter Chase Elliott. He’s aggressive and most of the time he’s clean and smart about it. He’s not without sin with incidents with Logano at Bristol and bad blocks on superspeedways. But like Logano, he was pushed around before he pushed back. Hell, even Jeff Gordon leaned on Chase when Gordon subbed for Dale Jr.

Apparently it’s acceptable for veterans to push the young guns around because they haven’t earned their stripes, but when the young talent pushes back it’s blasphemy. This sport has a long history of young talent coming in and knocking down veterans and the veterans not being able to handle it.
*some* veterans can't handle it.

(Looking at you Rusty Wallace)

I think there's an intensity, and an edge to Chase that sometimes gets buried by the popularity. I think if not for his popularity, he'd generally be quite polarizing.

I like it - he's closer to a Harvick than he is to a Mark Martin. He's neither. But at this point I think he's proven he will get physical in the car, not apologize for it, and will get pissed off and confront people, even if he may be in the wrong.

There's an edge to Chase that NASCAR's most popular driver hasnt had in over 20 years.

Carl Edwards, nice?

Talking about the same Edwards who wanted to fight his own teammates or tried to kill Keselowski on multiple occasions?

Nah, I never seen him as "nice". He was excellent as selling himself as such, but nah he was no different than Hamlin. I will say, he was always quick to admit his own mistakes. That I always respected about Edwards when he raced.

It took Chase a long time to get to this point tho. For a long time people were begging for more aggression out of him. I think at some point he came to the realization that if you want to win in this series consistently, you have to be the one dishing it out sometimes.

To be honest, I want to see more. He's still very passive when it comes to defending his position on the race track. And I lost track of how many times he's let Larson be aggressive with him or chop his nose and didn't bother to push back at all.

I definitely agree about Chase being an aggressive driver. It is who he is. Shows up a lot on super speedways. It's why I dont feel bad when he gets "pushed around" because he's not the cleanest driver ever. Fair game both ways.

Carl Edwards, nice?

Talking about the same Edwards who wanted to fight his own teammates or tried to kill Keselowski on multiple occasions?

Nah, I never seen him as "nice". He was excellent as selling himself as such, but nah he was no different than Hamlin. I will say, he was always quick to admit his own mistakes. That I always respected about Edwards when he raced.
Thanks, I was going to call him out on that one. Cousin Carl was one of the dirtiest out there, he just benefited from the "aw shucks" image.

It took Chase a long time to get to this point tho. For a long time people were begging for more aggression out of him. I think at some point he came to the realization that if you want to win in this series consistently, you have to be the one dishing it out sometimes.

To be honest, I want to see more. He's still very passive when it comes to defending his position on the race track. And I lost track of how many times he's let Larson be aggressive with him or chop his nose and didn't bother to push back at all.
I think once he started winning races, he was validated. And now as a champion, he is entitled to race how he wants. Agressively. I don't think that's *learned*. I think that's just his style. He is agressive and uses the bumper a lot. Arguably as much as anyone. I noticed this at Charlotte in either 2020 or 2019 and have paid close attention to it.

He loves pushing guys down the straight, and he loves getting really close to the left rear and runs people right tight and affecting the air. This is what happened in Bristol. It took the air of Harvick's nose, and instead of checking up, he let it wash up into Chase's door. Something Chase says Harvick has done before, hence his frustration. Hence Chase pointing out the indifference to whether it was intentional or not.

I just don't like the notion that he's a bullied driver, and is now fighting back like Logano was.

He's a young aggressive champion driver. Someone, as Dr. Had said, has shown agression before coming to cup.

Someone like that is going to get angry and he's going to make people angry. It's good for the sport and it really is what it is. It's great.

Thanks, I was going to call him out on that one. Cousin Carl was one of the dirtiest out there, he just benefited from the "aw shucks" image.

Nah. Carl was a good guy, he just couldn't get a grip on himself. Just a neutrotic, uncomfortable dude who had a difficult time with the grind and couldn't handle the more raw emotions that come with the sport. Wanted so badly to be liked, and tried his best to come off the way he wanted to be perceived, while pushing aside those "flaws" so his NASCAR persona wouldn't be alrered.

That sort of neutrotic disconnect, unfortunately, isn't healthy, is incongruent, and will cause outbursts like what we got when the situation is right.

Carl was an odd, missunderstood duck, but I know neurotic trends when I see them. I'm convinced that Carl retired due to the toll Homestead took on his mental health. I think he was fried.

Going to Logano's crew, "go give em hell boys" is a total reaction formation to how most would be feeling. It's okay to be angry in a situation like that. Carl, for some reason, consciously wouldn't be associated with that, hence the fits of rage

Nah. Carl was a good guy. Just a neutrotic, uncomfortable dude who had a difficult time with the grind. Wanted to be liked, and tried his best to come off the way he wanted to be perceived, and ignored his frustrations so his NASCAR persona wouldn't be alrered.

That sort of neutrotic disconnect, unfortunately, isn't healthy, is incongruent, and will cause outbursts like what we got.

Carl was an odd, missunderstood duck, but I know neurotic trends when I see them. I'm convinced that Carl retired due to the toll Homestead took on his mental health. I think he was fried.

Carl… nice?? Come on man. Really? I’ll let it pass as just being bias. Everyone is a bit bias towards there driver.

Nah. Carl was a good guy, he just couldn't get a grip on himself. Just a neutrotic, uncomfortable dude who had a difficult time with the grind and couldn't handle the more raw emotions that come with the sport. Wanted so badly to be liked, and tried his best to come off the way he wanted to be perceived, while pushing aside those "flaws" so his NASCAR persona wouldn't be alrered.

That sort of neutrotic disconnect, unfortunately, isn't healthy, is incongruent, and will cause outbursts like what we got when the situation is right.

Going to Logano's crew, "go give em hell boys" is a total reaction formation to how most would be feeling. It's okay to be angry in a situation like that. Carl, for some reason, consciously wouldn't be associated with that, hence the fits of rage

Man, I was straining my brain trying to figure out what neutrotic meant, and then I got to the end of your post and realized it was a typo.... :)

Carl… nice?? Come on man. Really? I’ll let it pass as just being bias. Everyone is a bit bias towards there driver.
I'm not saying all is forgiven, and I'm not saying these reasons make his behavior okay. Just defending against the notion that he's a bad person, and explain my personal take on his behavior and why he acted as he did.

Carl absolutely was dangerous at times, and deserved punishment.

Man, I was straining my brain trying to figure out what neutrotic meant, and then I got to the end of your post and realized it was a typo.... :)
Lolololol good catch! Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyways, I don't want to derail***** This thread is about Elliott.

Typos everywhere.

Carl Edwards, nice?

Yeah after this I found him to be too reckless.

he loves getting really close to the left rear and runs people right tight and affecting the air. This is what happened in Bristol. It took the air of Harvick's nose,
Ah yes, a NASCAR Champion so talented that he intended on wrecking himself vicariously through Kevin Harvick and intentionally made it look like Harvick did it on purpose… just because. He didn’t mean for Harvick to wreck but he intentionally ran Harvick dirty to take the air off his car as he was racing inches away from him.

1632248058363.gif

Ah yes, a NASCAR Champion so talented that he intended on wrecking himself vicariously through Kevin Harvick and intentionally made it look like Harvick did it on purpose… just because. He didn’t mean for Harvick to wreck but he intentionally ran Harvick dirty to take the air off his car as he was racing inches away from him.

View attachment 57596

Lol come on man! This isn't what I was saying, and you know it

Running someone tight like that to take the air off the car not dirty. I don't think it was dirty. Chase did what he was supposed to do, run the guy on the bottom tight and pinched him down. It's good, smart racing.

Ideally, Harvick would either lift, or have enough car control to keep it from washing into Elliott. Neither of those happened, or maybe the third option happened, Harvick intentionally let himself run into Elliott to break his momentum.

It was a smart, agressive move Elliott had to make because the 4 was faster and he needed to protect the lead in that corner. That moment was the race for the win. Bristol baby. I take no issue with what Chase did. Same for Harvick.

How many times has Chase been the guy that STARTED something? Nearly all of his rough driving actions have been the result of him being upset about something that happened to HIM. I can't recall him really ever picking a fight with anyone, including Joey at Bristol. Right or wrong he felt he was justified in sailing it in on Joey, he didn't just decide to body slam him out of the blue. If you want to talk somebody that picked fights for no good reason, Dale Earnhardt.

I guess nobody had ever been door-slammed 3 wide at Bristol before last Saturday night.

No wonder Chase Elliott took it upon himself to mete out "justice" at the front of the field while he was 3 laps down. Try that garbage anywhere but NASCASH and see what you get.

I guess nobody had ever been door-slammed 3 wide at Bristol before last Saturday night.

No wonder Chase Elliott took it upon himself to mete out "justice" at the front of the field while he was 3 laps down. Try that garbage anywhere but NASCASH and see what you get.
Problem was Harvick wasnt fast enough to catch him

I'm ambivalent about Elliott. Harvick got off easy, and was lucky he was allowed to retain a second place finish. Should be thankful. He's one of the least intimidating presences in the field, so he'll just have to take what he can get from here. Great wheelman though.

Problem was Harvick wasnt fast enough to catch him
Actually Harvick was faster than Chase, which is why Harvick would not take a chance at purposely doing what he has been accused of. It could have been his tire that went down instead of Chase's. Chase pinched him, Harvick already had the position, it was a gamble on Chases part and he lost. What Chase did at the end of the race was all about being a sore loser irrelevant as to the legality.

Actually Harvick was faster than Chase, which is why Harvick would not take a chance at purposely doing what he has been accused of. It could have been his tire that went down instead of Chase's. Chase pinched him, Harvick already had the position, it was a gamble on Chases part and he lost. What Chase did at the end of the race was all about being a sore loser irrelevant as to the legality.
Faster than Chase on old tires? Hardly. If so pull up and move by him, Harvick isnt one to just "sit" behind a slower car

he didn't just decide to body slam him out of the blue.
I mean, he kinda did. They were both racing for the win with like what, 3 laps left or something? He pushed too hard and totally lost it. Like I said earlier, he deserved an ass whoopin for that kinda move the same way Harvick deserved one for his.

Harvick already had the position
This isnt F1. There is no “I had the position” until they get cleared.

You claim to be all old school tough guy but also think that racers should just pull over when another driver has “the position”?

Pfffffft.

I guess nobody had ever been door-slammed 3 wide at Bristol before last Saturday night
They werent 3 wide when Harvick decided Chase should be a leaning post. Harvick tried to use the lapper as a pick and got caught off guard when Chase foiled that plan.

NASCAR is the only popular racing series that is self policed by the drivers and thats why its much more entertaining. Chase had every right to take Harvick’s chance at a win away. Harvick took his away.

and unlike Matt Kenseth, he didnt wait half a dozen races later to use his car as a weapon. Chase did it in the same night without causing an expensive mess.

We’re all entitled to our opinions.

Unlike others, you’ve managed to express yours without spraying testosterone all over the board. Kudos.

Well, the answer to the thread title is "yes".

Chase says "where's the 5 at, I'm gonna help him out" in radioactive after cussing out Harvick.

He was indeed faster and still couldn’t get by Chase. Chase drove a perfect line, and Harv is the one who blew a fuse and lost his car. (I’m talking pre-incident) When Chase washed the leader up to the wall in 3 here last spring y’all lost your everlovin’ minds. Oh well, keep moving those goal posts. Harv is just pouting because he knows Chase got the best of him and that he failed in his attempt to wreck Larson. On to Vegas!

I didnt think the answer was ever “no”. It was pretty obvious.
That’s just it, no one, even Elliott fans, claimed otherwise. Old Timer has gone from “fine him, take points and suspend his ass!” to “it was poor sportsmanship!”

Back
Top Bottom