Dinger says he is going to wreck Dillion, Dick responds with a threat...

;):D

If you dont sin, Jesus died for nothing right?

Realize that Jesus dying for a cause is arguably the most important, recognizable instance of martyrdom in the Christian community.
Many others have sacrificed themselves in the name of unrecognized, unsubstantiated causes. Nobody remembers them and yet, they are gone ;)

TRL is going to tune us up.
This is the Dinger/Dillon thread.
(Hmm, I just searched; we need an "angel" emoticon.)
Oh, wait, I found it! :lilangel:

Oh no, RCR wont be there to supply their engines? Whatever shall they do?

You never know who you're chatting with. I see at as an opportunity to actually meet someone new and possibly make a new friend. Until then, you can only guess who you're actually chatting with.

Take Johali, for example. We haven't met, so I still picture some old guy at a computer with his pants down around his ankles. ;)

What in the holy hell is this board drinking tonight, and why the hell haven't I been offered any! Well, I really don't want the answer to that, but damn, funny as **** tonight!

This whole thing puts me in mind of days of thunder....remember when Cole's old owner says to a NASCAR offical after being told you cant push that car...."Thats my engine in that car and thats what my boys are pushing"

I sometimes wonder how much pull makers of parts of the cars have...we might find out

Edit: That brings to mind a question....in this era of limited tire sets for a race...can an owner who has several teams take tires from a car in his stable that wrecked and give them to another team?

Last edited:
Realize that Jesus dying for a cause is arguably the most important, recognizable instance of martyrdom in the Christian community.
Many others have sacrificed themselves in the name of unrecognized, unsubstantiated causes. Nobody remembers them and yet, they are gone ;)
Who?

I sometimes wonder how much pull makers of parts of the cars have...we might find out

Edit: That brings to mind a question....in this era of limited tire sets for a race...can an owner who has several teams take tires from a car in his stable that wrecked and give them to another team?

No, they cannot. That question came up when tires were being discussed during Darlington.

No, they cannot. That question came up when tires were being discussed during Darlington.

Ive actually been amazed with the way teams are going through tires. I had never heard of someone possibly running out of tires and now the past 3 races have had that issue. Fontana, Texas, and Darlington. AT least at Darlington NASCAR gave them an extra set. Looks like Goodyear needs to go back to the drawing board.

Ive actually been amazed with the way teams are going through tires. I had never heard of someone possibly running out of tires and now the past 3 races have had that issue. Fontana, Texas, and Darlington. AT least at Darlington NASCAR gave them an extra set. Looks like Goodyear needs to go back to the drawing board.
I totally disagree. Tire falloff is a great thing. Having to manage tires is as well. I miss that in this sport.

Im sorry I missed that TRL...in the past did they?
Yes, they used to do it all the time.

I totally disagree. Tire falloff is a great thing. Having to manage tires is as well. I miss that in this sport.

Yes, they used to do it all the time.
I like the fall off... ur right it makes for great racing... but to worry whether u have enough tires is a bit too much. Maybe NASCAR just needs to give them more regularly or at least at worn out tracks.

I like the fall off... ur right it makes for great racing... but to worry whether u have enough tires is a bit too much. Maybe NASCAR just needs to give them more regularly or at least at worn out tracks.
Teams know what they've got going into each weekend. It's the same for all of them. Tire management is all part of the strategy. Many probably don't appreciate that part of it. I think it's good. This is probably good fodder for the more recent Goodyear thread but I'll try to take it back in the right direction..... If teams were allowed to buy tires from other teams these days and everyone was out of tires with the exception of RCR..... Do you think he'd sell them to JTGD?

Teams know what they've got going into each weekend. It's the same for all of them. Tire management is all part of the strategy. Many probably don't appreciate that part of it. I think it's good. This is probably good fodder for the more recent Goodyear thread but I'll try to take it back in the right direction..... If teams were allowed to buy tires from other teams these days and everyone was out of tires with the exception of RCR..... Do you think he'd sell them to JTGD?
I would just hate to see any driver not be able to finish a race because they ran out of tires. I suppose its different at most tracks but in a situation like we had at Fontana I think that's ridiculous. There's a difference between having great fall off and essentially having a 20 lap limit before it blows. Maybe that's what I based my original comment on. Its just since then weve had similar issues with tires running low. I agree it makes for good racing and enjoy the strategy.... Fontana was absolutely ridiculous though.

Just imagine JJ or JR running out of tires and losing the Chase because of it.

Kurt, not Kyle.

Are you sure you haven't been offered any? :)

Duh. Kurt not Kyle. Regardless--a little bitching between the guys isn't bad.
Pretty sure I didn't get any, but don't remember. Maybe that is a side effect?

Im sorry I missed that TRL...in the past did they?
To tell the truth, I don't really know --- but I seem to recall in the past teams going to others and buying the tires.

Not sure who brought this question up at Darlington, but the teams cannot use the tires of another team if one drops out of the race. It would give an unfair advantage to single teams. I think Larry Mac brought it up --
The tire usage was the reason NASCAR issued another set of tires to all teams at Darlington.

I was more of a Coors guy myself :cool:

Yeah, but for Muhammad Ali, Bud would be the good ole days because Delana's wife took all of it to SHR which explains what Gene Hass is drinking while he is smoking.

I was a Henry Weihhardt's guy until that one night in college. Never been the same.....

To tell the truth, I don't really know --- but I seem to recall in the past teams going to others and buying the tires.

Not sure who brought this question up at Darlington, but the teams cannot use the tires of another team if one drops out of the race. It would give an unfair advantage to single teams. I think Larry Mac brought it up --
The tire usage was the reason NASCAR issued another set of tires to all teams at Darlington.
Last weekend I heard them saying in the first Southern 500, there were 75 entries and the guy who started dead last won because he used special harder tires. Everyone was blowing tires to the point that they were going out to the parking lot and trying to buy tires from spectators to finish the race and the winner (I believe Johnny Mantz) never changed his tires once.

I thought that was pretty funny... imagine being a fan and being asked if you would sell your tires so a driver could finish the race.

Yeah, but for Muhammad Ali, Bud would be the good ole days because Delana's wife took all of it to SHR which explains what Gene Hass is drinking while he is smoking.

I was a Henry Weihhardt's guy until that one night in college. Never been the same.....

I look forward to hearing the college story, I dont have any of my own since I didnt attend an institution of higher learning. I did spend a lot of time hanging out at CSU in the 70s though

I'm not sure of exactly when Nascar started limiting tires for cup teams came about. At one time if a car fell out of contention their tires could go to a teammate if needed. A competitor could sell their tires if they fell out also.

I remember seeing different colored wheels on rustys car before

Tire falloff is great for the sport, but not when tires are literally falling off every 20 laps.

Last weekend I heard them saying in the first Southern 500, there were 75 entries and the guy who started dead last won because he used special harder tires. Everyone was blowing tires to the point that they were going out to the parking lot and trying to buy tires from spectators to finish the race and the winner (I believe Johnny Mantz) never changed his tires once.

I thought that was pretty funny... imagine being a fan and being asked if you would sell your tires so a driver could finish the race.
Mantz put tractor tires on his car and drove conservatively. Smart man. :)

I remember LaBonte staying in a race for no other reason but scuffing tires for the other HMS teams. I believe it was Homestead. So, yeah, you could get all the tires you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom