Dinger says he is going to wreck Dillion, Dick responds with a threat...

When I listened to the audio replay I had to laugh considering how many other drivers RCR's most successful driver wrecked in his time.

Also, I'd think there is a contract involved with the engine program between JTGDR and RCR, so I doubt RCR could just break the contract for something like that if it ever happens.

Did Dale Earnhardt "earn" his way to NASCAR or did he ride on Ralph's name? :lurk:
No , there is a list available at racing.com of drivers like Dale Sr and Richard Petty who are not deemed to have gotten in on their fathers coattails. They also passed an income level test and the family did not qualify as rich.

I think they are already here and playing. ALL mods have a play screen name. Other then the pay, it's the only real benefit they get.
Not true. None of us have a "play" screen name.
For my part, it's enough for me just to keep up with one.

You have my word, not one mod has a 'play' name.

As for 'tampering' with the thread --- yes, some of the more blatant, obnoxious name calling was removed. Only as a last resort will I remove posts/partial posts.

As for 'tampering' with the thread --- yes, some of the more blatant, obnoxious name calling was removed. Only as a last resort will I remove posts/partial posts.
I've been wondering when you'd notice. :D

Geeez, Fender is the only blatantly obnoxious person that I know, most of his work should probably be kept in a safe place somewhere where nobody can see it

Well, Richmond is coming up (not soon enough, though) so if Allmendinger wants to "have at it" with the the young Dillon lad, there's his chance. Shut up or put up.

These young hot shots such as Dillon, Larson and Allgaier are going to get roughed up by bigger, better drivers than AJ and personally I'd like to see them stand their ground.

"You can only buy engines from me if you make friends with my grandchildren.. Take them to the McDonalds play land and I'll throw in an engineer at a reduced rate and you can use the wind tunnel for an extra hour."

Freakin' this +1 brother! Outstanding post. Well done!

Finally thank you for your opinion. However I believe the general opinion in this thread disagrees with you. Richard basically was sh#tting on his partnership with JTGD, and in the million dollar business that is Nascar racing if he actually went through with those comments he would alienate himself from future business.

I listened to Tad and Brad talk about how great Childress is--they must have crapped their drawers.

OK, I believe you. Most sites don't want the mod screen name fraternizing with the enemy, so they use alternates.

OK, I believe you. Most sites don't want the mod screen name fraternizing with the enemy, so they use alternates.
Enemy? I don't consider the members 'enemies'. I think of you as friends, some more contentious than others, but still friends.
And why shouldn't mods be able to post and respond to members? Is there some unwritten code that I'm not aware of? We have thoughts and opinions, shouldn't we be free to express them?

Enemy? I don't consider the members 'enemies'. I think of you as friends, some more contentious than others, but still friends.
And why shouldn't mods be able to post and respond to members? Is there some unwritten code that I'm not aware of? We have thoughts and opinions, shouldn't we be free to express them?

and this is why I enjoy this sight. this isn't meant to kiss a$$, but IMO, TRL does a great job of moderation while being an active member.

also, I have posted on several messageboards as fender described. the funny thing is most moderator alias' are quickly outed. and their "user" posts bite them in the....

this thread: can't remember any other forum I've visited where a debate can last this many pages without completely going to hell. credit given to all. even if half of you are, and always will be, wrong!:D

can't wait for Richmond! until then, visit your local short track Saturday night and remember why this is the best sport..

I agree, but a few sites I have visited do just that. It's lessens the chances of accusations of favoritism. "You take his side because you chat with him". Go figure. I just assumed it was SOP.

Back
Top Bottom